myStore - For the myDeviceless TM

Redoing myStore, the search is using Flutters built in search functions, sadly I cannot change the keyboard type (yet) to a numeric one.

Although now I am able to add extra functions depending on the data you type in.

AliveWellmadeIchthyostega-small.gif

An example of the current screen being take into context when you search/scan something. Scanning a location on a product screen will show a backstocking screen, instead of an information screen about the location.

We cannot backstock with this. I think @Mikuhl is showing what could be.
Somebody grant this man access to the APIs. A lurker, someone who doesn’t post on here PM him. I would help but I feel like I’ve said enough on here that if I gave him access, when HQ inevitably finds out about the app or looks deeper into it, they’ll figure out who I am by looking at who accessed the APIs and knowing who I am by matching my info with my posts despite my efforts to slightly obfuscate details that would out me 😝

If my hint wasn't obvious enough, they already know. HQ is not too keen on Flutter, despite it being the #1 growing skill on LinkedIn, and a CRUCIAL part to Fuchsia which is rumored to replace Android. They are hesitant to take me, but they are totally fine with what I am doing, because only @taytay used the private API's that they only want used on secured hardware. Even though the login screen is totally public.

Meanwhile, I dusted off the old code, (have yet to totally refactor the application with my new knowledge) update 1.0.10 should be rolling out that changes the Code39 barcode's to Code128, hopefully being easier for the myDevice to read. (I thought the smaller number would be the simpler barcode...)

update 1.0.10 should be rolling out that changes the Code39 barcode's to Code128, hopefully being easier for the myDevice to read. (I thought the smaller number would be the simpler barcode...)

This is good news. I wasn't sure if it was my phone or what, but a lot of times I have to hold my phone at a pretty good distance and an odd angle for the zebra to read a location barcode. The delay actually got me caught the other day. My ETL saw me scanning my phone (location didn't exist and I didn't feel like walking all the way to a printer to make a label) and asked if I was using "that MyWork app". Hard to explain, but the way he said it and reacted when I told him made it seem like he had heard about it from up the chain rather than from another TM.

But, he didn't tell me not to use it or anything like that. He trusts me enough to know that I know what I'm doing and wouldn't create errors or anything silly.

This is good news. I wasn't sure if it was my phone or what, but a lot of times I have to hold my phone at a pretty good distance and an odd angle for the zebra to read a location barcode.
I hope it works, obviously have no way to test it because for me even the Code39 barcode's worked. I feel like its the different aspect ratios of some screens maybe squishing it too much, or the brightness blowing out the laser. Barcode's on phone screens are hard, the registers struggle to scan the target app sometimes.

I hope it works, obviously have no way to test it because for me even the Code39 barcode's worked. I feel like its the different aspect ratios of some screens maybe squishing it too much, or the brightness blowing out the laser. Barcode's on phone screens are hard, the registers struggle to scan the target app sometimes.

It could be the aspect ratio. I'm on a phone that has a taller screen compared to the width to some phones. And thinking about it, the way I have to hold it to get it to work actually makes the barcode appear shorter from top to bottom (if I put my eye where the zebra aperture is and hold my phone at the angle I have to in order to make it scan, it looks more like a backroom label).

I'll let ya know if I notice any changes once you roll out the new encoding.

Also, who am I kidding, they have to realize I’m probably the best publicity for modernization and the new op model that they’ve got on here, and I don’t leak documents etc that I’ve accessed etc, I just tell word of mouth stuff that isn’t a secret at my store, or things I’ve seen from others elsewhere 😝 I wouldn’t think they’d go after me lol

Also, who am I kidding, they have to realize I’m probably the best publicity for modernization and the new op model that they’ve got on here, and I don’t leak documents etc that I’ve accessed etc, I just tell word of mouth stuff that isn’t a secret at my store, or things I’ve seen from others elsewhere 😝 I wouldn’t think they’d go after me lol
Probably me first

They rejected it because I accidentally left the "Updated to Android X" in the whats new section. Because they totally could not have an automated system to spot these key words and had to have me wait TWENTY HOURS for a human to read it..........

Has the barcode change been working better?

Edit: omg I actually forgot to submit it for iOS..

Oops, haven't been checking for updates. I figured I'd see a post on here when it was ready. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and let ya know.

Has the barcode change been working better?

Edit: omg I actually forgot to submit it for iOS..

Definitely working better on my S9+. I think you may have been right about the aspect ratio. It still doesn't seem to want to work from straight on, but a slight angle now works every time. Whereas before sometimes it would take me a full minute to get it in juuust the right position for it to scan.

Thanks for the awesome app.

Ok I tried the app today. I set up my cart barcode and parent barcode. But my zebra wouldn’t scan. What could I have done wrong? Is there a setting in the zebra?

Ok I tried the app today. I set up my cart barcode and parent barcode. But my zebra wouldn’t scan. What could I have done wrong? Is there a setting in the zebra?

Did you try scanning it from different angles and distances? It has been made a lot better in the latest version, but my phone can still be kind of finicky as far as what angle it can be scanned at.

I've now found one that pretty much works every time so it's automatic that I hold it that way, but for the first few tries, I thought it wasn't going to work.

Back