myStore - For the myDeviceless TM

While I'm incredibly saddened by the outcome of events surrounding the myStore app, I want to thank you, @Mikuhl for the contributions you made to make our workday easier.

This app is but a glimpse at your creative ability and what an immense untapped resource you are to any company that is lucky enough to call you their Team Member. I am disappointed that The Powers Clad in Red not only passed up on your talent but were intimidated by the mere fact that your creation was far more powerful, embraced, and functional than anything they came up with.

That your app survived two years, and that there are 33 pages of comments on this forum from fellow Team Members and yourself requesting feedback and providing suggestions on how to improve and further the app serve as testament of your selflessness and commitment to helping your counterparts across the 1,897 stores quickly and efficiently help Guests "discover the joy of everyday life."

Thank you for making life easier with your inventions. Another door will open soon.

Could you provide the iOS app .ipa file? I’m capable of installing .ipa files onto my iPhone and your app would come in very handily.

Yeah, I'm running on the older APK that allows me to barcode locations. Intermittently have problems with it not loading barcodes for Apple product though which is all I really care for.
Don’t know if yours allows for it but if you tap the barcode it outputs the DPCI as a barcode then your device should recognize it

RIP... App finally stopped working on my iPhone today. Looks like Target revoked access to the API either purposefully or through some change to the code. Even without the inventory quantity features and backroom locations it was incredibly helpful when pulling up item details / barcodes. App will be missed. Target, please wake up and hire Mikuhl. You are shooting yourself in the foot on this one.

RIP... App finally stopped working on my iPhone today. Looks like Target revoked access to the API either purposefully or through some change to the code. Even without the inventory quantity features and backroom locations it was incredibly helpful when pulling up item details / barcodes. App will be missed. Target, please wake up and hire Mikuhl. You are shooting yourself in the foot on this one.
Yup I get the circle of death now.

I really hoped it would keep going.

I can see why Target removed the app, a lot of my team was cutting corners in the backroom and "faking" pulled items to avoid brla and backroom audits. While honestly i loved the app for the fact you can pull up an item and quickly change styles and colors on clothing and items, was a blessing for RFID. But like all things the rotten apples spoil the bunch.

I can see why Target removed the app, a lot of my team was cutting corners in the backroom and "faking" pulled items to avoid brla and backroom audits. While honestly i loved the app for the fact you can pull up an item and quickly change styles and colors on clothing and items, was a blessing for RFID. But like all things the rotten apples spoil the bunch.
These can still be done without myStore though. Any barcode generator can enable this bad behavior.

And instead of pressuring the elimination of a genuinely useful thing, what happened to coaching and disciplining the bad apples? The tools aren't the problem — the cheaters are.

Which they can see on BrickSeek and now on the fancy tablet price scanners.
brickseek is not accurate and the service hubs don't show exact quantities for many items, including limited items like xboxes and playstations

maybe just maybe mystore was a really good app that did a lot of really good things that was also used by people to do stuff that maybe wasn't very good and the existence of other methodologies to do those bad things doesn't mean that mystore wasn't also an avenue for unscrupulous folks to get one over on normies

like i used it almost every single day back when it still worked. it was invaluable and i wish target would provide something similar built in-house a la walmart's byod stuff. i miss it dearly and wish it would come back. but that doesn't mean that it was perfect or beyond reproach

Meh. Target kills innovation and refuses to admit that others come up with better solutions than their "Chief Master Senior Engineer" fresh out of college developers.
It’s more than that too. The biggest issue is they can’t admit when they do a pilot and it fails, so they roll out the failed pilot to everyone. It’s ok to admit failure— if you don’t have failed experiments, ypure not doing enough experiments

target can't stop you from using a barcode generator but they can discourage the use of an app marketed to team members

probably didn't help that the developer went out of his way to antagonize target corporate...

Back