Archived MyTime Screwing Up paychecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind those schedules cannot be used simply because the times are stupid for the breaks and the meal times would send people into comp

You mean sending someone on lunch an hour and a half into an eight hour shift won't work? MyTime says that's the schedule though so we have to stick to it.

When we rolled out MyTime, our GSTLs always stuck to the MyTime schedule, no matter how screwed up it was. I worked a 4.25-hour cashing shift one time and my break was scheduled 30 min into my shift. It was stupid. On the sales floor, we really don't even use the break schedule because there aren't enough of us for our breaks to come close to coinciding.
Not happening!

MyTime appears to only be taking in only the scheduled information and not the actual worked hours.

You're not allowed to punch in early without a TL going in and changing it, so it automatically deduct those minutes. Same as staying late. If the leader doesn't go in and physically change it, you will not be given those minutes. At least according to my HR.

Yes I do believe that they wouldn't pay me for hours worked. Its why they and wal mart have been sued several times. Along with myself having to file claims against an employer for shorting paychecks. I don't trust any employer.

Along with how little we have been told about My Time and horrible the schedules have been, I don't believe one word of it.

Look, I think it is clear that at the very least HR is ignorant about the situation at hand, and doesn't understand the legal issues, while at most Target knows about the issue and is purposely keeping people in the dark. It doesn't really matter which one it is though, they are illegally withholding money from those that have earned it.

I think that some HRs may very will be ignorant about what is going on. But I also think the reason myTIME self service has been down for so long is that they are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it. As a team member I am writing down all of my punches. I have a record of what time I punch in and out. When I punch in each day I make sure the accumulated hours match what I have. If there is any discrepancy I would have the hrtm fix it immediately. At the very least I would suggest that everyone write down times when they punch in and out. Make them fix it to match what you actually worked. If you miss a punch, they may manually put in what you were scheduled. You have to watch out for yourself no matter where you work. I honestly don't think they are happy about how the rollout is going. They really don't need anymore bad press after the credit card fiasco which I believe is why they are scurrying around to get it fixed without any media attention

I've already talked to HR and they say there is nothing they can do about it, because of how the paychecks are authorized through myTime.

I know my HR is dumb. I'm asking though, if you look at your individual paychecks are you having issues as well. The issue started on the last paycheck, when I believe My Time went down

Now I am worried. I keep a basic record of my schedule, but I usually clock in a few minutes early to get as many minutes of work as I can, knowing that after a while, they'll add up to an extra hour. I don't write down the exact minute I clock in, so unless the paycheck is way off, I have no way of knowing if it's right :( It's upsetting to think that I could have been shorted any money, even a small amount.

You're not allowed to punch in early without a TL going in and changing it, so it automatically deduct those minutes. Same as staying late. If the leader doesn't go in and physically change it, you will not be given those minutes. At least according to my HR.

You can punch in upto 5 minutes early before your scheduled shift. 5 minutes before is when the time clock will let you. And if you work over your scheduled time, it does count. Even if they don't go in and change it. It will just show up on the Over Time report. I do this every day almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back