Archived MyTime Screwing Up paychecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone out there is experiencing issues with MyTime screwing up the punches it is recording. At my store it is only showing just what people's schedules are and is adding in extra fifteen minute unpaid breaks. So if you punch in early and stay late it's not showing up. We've had several people say this.

I'm just wondering if it's global around the company or just happening at one store

You're not allowed to punch in early without a TL going in and changing it, so it automatically deduct those minutes. Same as staying late. If the leader doesn't go in and physically change it, you will not be given those minutes. At least according to my HR.

fhwVv.jpg

You're not allowed to punch in early without a TL going in and changing it, so it automatically deduct those minutes. Same as staying late. If the leader doesn't go in and physically change it, you will not be given those minutes. At least according to my HR.

I'm talking about punching in the five minutes before a shift officially starts, also what your HR told you violates federal laws concerning paying employees. If you are working you have to be paid for it, if they aren't paying you that could result in them being fined the government as well as reasons.

It sounds like it is happening at your store though.

Last edited:

So illegal its not funny.

That sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Yeah, you just have to watch your time card frequently. myTime is new, everyone is still getting used to the shitty scheduled shifts.

What I mean by adjust is extend. Basically you have to get permission from a leader to extend so they can go into myTime to extend to the new time. Everyone clocks in 5mins early but don't actually start working until whatever it's scheduled for. I thought you meant like an additional hour you weren't paid for. Honestly, I'd go talk to HR about it.

Looks like our employers are stealing more surplus labour.

Wait....so the timeclock lets me clock in 5 min early &, even tho I'm NOW ON THE CLOCK, I won't get paid for those 5 min because I'm not scheduled so not considered working?!
It takes me less than a minute to walk from the clock to my work area & I get to work immediately, usually because a rush has just started. So I'm NOT getting paid for that?!
They better fix that REAL quick.

Wait....so the timeclock lets me clock in 5 min early &, even tho I'm NOW ON THE CLOCK, I won't get paid for those 5 min because I'm not scheduled so not considered working?!
It takes me less than a minute to walk from the clock to my work area & I get to work immediately, usually because a rush has just started. So I'm NOT getting paid for that?! They better fix that REAL quick.
This would be new. We've always been paid for that time before because we are clocked in. I begin my work when I clock in... do others just stand around waiting? I'm going to start taking phone pictures of my punches so that I have documentation. This is crap. All of my time off requests have been auto denied and my requested vacation pay was not on my paycheck. This could get real old real fast. I saw our HR clerical person in tears today. Hundreds of people with wrong paychecks.... and they get to hear every about every single one of them. Glad I'm not HR this month!!

Do you really think that Target or any business is not going to pay you for hours that you are clocked into? Any computer system is only as good as the information that is fed into it. If you miss a punch and don't fix it before the cutoff time, you won't get paid until you fix it. Yes there are some learning issues right now. Keep track of your punches, and compare those to your check. Each day when you punch in, check your accumulated hours on the time clock. If it isn't right, have your hr person check it out for you. It's a new system and there will be bumps. But eventually I think this is going to blow MAX away.

No, of course I don't think that. Haven't missed a punch. Accumulated hours on the timeclock have not consistently matched in weeks. This is probably due to the fact that our timeclock is offline or "updating" several times a day. HR's computer and the ehr mytime that we can use to check our punches seldom match (not sure why, but I do know that HR's is the one that is correct.) Our hr person is a bit overwhelmed by the number of "can you check this" requests. Today the "request time off" function disappeared. Everything is being entered off of paper forms. I don't care if it blows balloons as long as I get paid. :) I have no doubt that once the kinks are worked out that it will all be good.

The request for time off disappeared on Friday, as with the punch corrections. The stores were told it would be off for up to five hours. Then it just never came back.

Nothing blows quitw like having to print 26 pages a day of break "schedules" on top of the numerous grids. Did anybody think about the insane amount of paper waste that comes out of mytime??

Nevermind those schedules cannot be used simply because the times are stupid for the breaks and the meal times would send people into compliance.

Last edited:
Do you really think that Target or any business is not going to pay you for hours that you are clocked into? Any computer system is only as good as the information that is fed into it. If you miss a punch and don't fix it before the cutoff time, you won't get paid until you fix it. Yes there are some learning issues right now. Keep track of your punches, and compare those to your check. Each day when you punch in, check your accumulated hours on the time clock. If it isn't right, have your hr person check it out for you. It's a new system and there will be bumps. But eventually I think this is going to blow MAX away.

Yes I do believe that they wouldn't pay me for hours worked. Its why they and wal mart have been sued several times. Along with myself having to file claims against an employer for shorting paychecks. I don't trust any employer.

Along with how little we have been told about My Time and horrible the schedules have been, I don't believe one word of it.

Nevermind those schedules cannot be used simply because the times are stupid for the breaks and the meal times would send people into comp

You mean sending someone on lunch an hour and a half into an eight hour shift won't work? MyTime says that's the schedule though so we have to stick to it.

I like both of those, but they haven't been asking me. Either because they use up too much payroll in the morning or because I'm close to 31.5 per week average.

Nevermind those schedules cannot be used simply because the times are stupid for the breaks and the meal times would send people into comp

You mean sending someone on lunch an hour and a half into an eight hour shift won't work? MyTime says that's the schedule though so we have to stick to it.

When we rolled out MyTime, our GSTLs always stuck to the MyTime schedule, no matter how screwed up it was. I worked a 4.25-hour cashing shift one time and my break was scheduled 30 min into my shift. It was stupid. On the sales floor, we really don't even use the break schedule because there aren't enough of us for our breaks to come close to coinciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back