Archived Name badge

Status
Not open for further replies.
What side is your name badge supposed to be in?

Is it the same if your shirt has a target logo?

Right side.

I wore mine on the right for 2 years before someone pointed out that all the photos of TM from Corp had them on the left. This was all the promotional stuff for the 50th last year. But I haven't thought to continue looking to confirm.

My right side?

Hmmmm. I got told once by a ETL that if your target shirt had a logo on the right side the name badge moved to the left so the logo was not blocked. I guess my "scolding" at huddle was justified.........

Right side.

I wore mine on the right for 2 years before someone pointed out that all the photos of TM from Corp had them on the left. This was all the promotional stuff for the 50th last year. But I haven't thought to continue looking to confirm.

Those photos were reversed. I had mention that to etl-hr, he said, you are right.

If the photos were reversed then wouldn't have all the names on the badges been backwards???

My spot logo shirt is on the left side. Name tag is on the right side. Even though, it should be my hearties on the left side...spot says right side.. Years ago, we did wear it on left side.

Most of my store wears it on the left. Nobody cares as long as you have a name tag on...hell...it doesn't even need to be your own....

I wear mine on my left side so does half the team members and one day the TL in hardlines said badge right side! Honestly does it matter I wanted to say ( did not of course) half the team wears the badges on the left and suddenly today of all days you see I am wearing it on the wrong side? No one ever notices and no one ever cares and the TL never ever brought it up again lol

I Google it... every site I founds said right.

Q: On which side of the chest should you display your name tag?

A: Although it is easier for right handed people to put a name badge on the left side, they correctly are worn on the right side so the person shaking hands or greeting has easy eye contact with both the person and the badge as a way to help remember the name or to see where he/she is from, etc. This is the purpose of wearing the badges in the first place.

...it's time to change things :D

I had heard that a badge or name tag goes on the right....for the purpose as it is stated above.

Knowing now as all TMs do....whenever you go someplace, think of shaking someone's hand.....and that your eyes follow their arm....to the badge....to the face.

Remembering this, it then makes it easier to remember that flowers (women & men) go on the other side. Or think about the fact that flowers reflect love.....so they go over the heart. Now, next time you are in a wedding, then you know that their single flowers go on the left lapel.

See....we learn all kinds of things here at TBR!!!

I doesn't matter what side. The day that ANY leader starts caring about that detail, is the same day I find a new job!

A few weeks ago, I went to work without a name badge. (In six+ years, I've done this only two or three times). They had me put a "New Team Member" badge on. I'm a cashier....all day long I had guests making comments about the badge (all in fun). I swear that, if I ever get to work without a name badge on, I will drive home to get it before I put the "New Team Member" badge on again!!

As a college student I worked at a seasonal summer vacation area....we were pretty much required to wear our name tags. If you got caught without a name tag on (or a tag that wasn't the right one) you could be sent home.

After seeing people get sent home because of no name tag you kind of remember to wear yours all the time. If you got sent home, they would count the day as a "no show" day.....even if you got caught late in your shift.

We had summer work incentive programs that allowed you to earn points and redeem them for cash or other items. For "no show" days, you could lose all the points. The points were really worth earning, so getting sent home was quite a big deal for most of us.

I always wear mine on the left side because I'm right-handed and it's easier for me to put it on the left side. My leadership has never said anything to me about it.

A few weeks ago, I went to work without a name badge. (In six+ years, I've done this only two or three times). They had me put a "New Team Member" badge on. I'm a cashier....all day long I had guests making comments about the badge (all in fun). I swear that, if I ever get to work without a name badge on, I will drive home to get it before I put the "New Team Member" badge on again!!

I'd rather guests not know my name and not expect me to know everything. :D

I've always been told that it didn't matter which side the badge was one as long as you had one. I usually wear mine on my right side except for the vest where the holes are on the left.
I just looked in the handbook and it just says to wear it not which side. So, I really don't think it matters.

Since we're on the topic of name badges, where do I get one? I'm new at my store, and I've worked three training shifts so far (1 cashier, 2 Starbucks) without wearing one. I don't remember being told where they are, and by the time I start working, I forget to ask. No one has said anything to me about it, either. But I guess eventually I'll need to wear one, haha.

Talk to the HR clerk/ninja.
They are awesome and can get all kinds of things done for you.

Since we're on the topic of name badges, where do I get one? I'm new at my store, and I've worked three training shifts so far (1 cashier, 2 Starbucks) without wearing one. I don't remember being told where they are, and by the time I start working, I forget to ask. No one has said anything to me about it, either. But I guess eventually I'll need to wear one, haha.
Just write your name in the TIP order binder and write name badge. Your HR team member will order it.

It should have been ordered already though so check with HR. it could be set aside somewhere.

Top right. Almost all Target branded shirts have the bullseye logo on the left chest.

My new target red card shirt has the logo and wording on the right.

Good to know the book does not specify. It seems to be one of those control issue things for one of my TLs

I would say it's 99% left at my store (even with the new ETL's)....it would be easier for me to put it on my right side as I am a leftie but go with the flow.

It's supposed to be on the right side. Most people introduce themselves and shake hands using their right side. This makes sure the name tag is clearly visible when this happens, or so I was told.

I wear mine on the left just because it's easier to put it on that way being right-handed. The one Target t-shirt I have is the black friday one with the RedCards on the right side. That doesn't really mesh with the whole wearing it on the right side thing. I don't think it matters though.

How often do you really have to shake someone's hand while working in a Target store??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back