Archived Nearly 400 hours of Setting (Decor/Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our construction still wasn't done as of yesterday. The PMT planned everything way out and pulled out every spare gondola part that they could possibly need. But the contractor (literally just 1 guy) just seems to be taking forever. He got the focals turned into regular endcaps and has been spending days replacing tiles where the aisles got shortened to make room for tables. And of course he's been doing it during the day since we could only offer a keyholder for two overnights.

Oh and Monday's truck is supposed to have ~1000 pieces of transition for this set...

Target is remodeling hundreds of stores, and I guess they have some planned for his area in January.

We were told that Target decided to have us (PMT and me) build the gondolas.

I think that's what is going to happen at our store. I wonder if the contractors still get paid even if we do the work. Seems like the thing corporate would do.

Multiple full store remodels. We're getting the entire front end, market, a&ha as well as some backroom changes that would give away my store location. :)

I thought perhaps it was another multi-store reset like this home innovation thing. Just in another department.

Our contractor got rid of all three focals...
Same here. Though I did read that some stores will have one carry forward. We also needed to swap a beacon to another aisle.

We're moving along pretty quickly considering that it's been 2-3 TMs and a couple helpers. Knocking out about 5 aisles a day, which is on schedule. But, I'm feeling wiped out at the end of the day.

The thing I hate the most isn't the setting, it's the leading. Our TL is off/LOD more often this week than actually with the team. So, I'm the next in line, seniority-wise and I'm stressed out trying to keep everyone moving along. I don't make any extra money to "lead" and the senior ETL (our STL is out of town) is pushing everyone to watch the clock. So, it's even more aggravating.

I can't really tell what our team has been doing so far. The contractor finished up on the weekend, but after two overnights the only differences I can tell is they swapped around a bunch of aisle signs, got rid of a lot of furniture displays, and pushed about half the freight for mini seasonal (it was set and left empty last week).

After changing all the backer paper, literally a month ago, in our Stationary, Domestics, Household commodities, Small Appliances (the entirety of the middle section of my store, from Toy's, to Microwaves.(Home Innovation Remodel).

This sucks.

After changing all the backer paper, literally a month ago, in our Stationary, Domestics, Household commodities, Small Appliances (the entirety of the middle section of my store, from Toy's, to Microwaves.(Home Innovation Remodel).

This sucks.
we're setting the pogs but not changing backer til the remodel since its the end of our schedule.

Anyone else get 3 Pallets in of Floor Lamp displays? A lot of them are the same as previous, but working models for lighting.

I got 3 Pallets of them in and wondering why there are doubles and even triples of the same displays? lol

Anyone else get 3 Pallets in of Floor Lamp displays? A lot of them are the same as previous, but working models for lighting.

I got 3 Pallets of them in and wondering why there are doubles and even triples of the same displays? lol

My PMT was telling me that other PMTs are saying there are Furniture displays coming in to replace Furniture Displays and they're the exact same things. So, I'm going to work with him and we'll determine what we got and what we need to build and maybe donate or destroy the unnecessary stuff. It's just amazing how poorly handled this whole reset has been from corporate's end.

So, I'm going to work with him and we'll determine what we got and what we need to build and maybe donate or destroy the unnecessary stuff.
For the ones where the display is exactly the same as the sellable model, you can just cover up the barcodes with bcode labels for the sellable one and backstock it. My PMT did that with the duplicates during the last reset.

My PMT was telling me that other PMTs are saying there are Furniture displays coming in to replace Furniture Displays and they're the exact same things. So, I'm going to work with him and we'll determine what we got and what we need to build and maybe donate or destroy the unnecessary stuff. It's just amazing how poorly handled this whole reset has been from corporate's end.

The only reason I think this would be the case, is that it is a Furniture fixture that, not only will be in a gondola, but also in the Home innovation Flat, or if not innovation, a focal. I expect this, but having a double(and triple for a few more) displays, for an In-Line set, seems strange.

Amazingly... we finished the soft decor aisles today, with one POG on the backwall left (clearance galore at our store). So, I should be set up to knock out the Furniture aisles tomorrow. Our Halloween is still iffy (there is a lot of BTS that didn't go salvage and the one outdoor living pog is carry-forward clearance?!) But we seem to be in a good position finishing slightly ahead of the game plan for this week. I'm probably being overly optimistic, but with what's left in D, it's possible we COULD be finished by next Wed... but I'm not going to count my chicks that early. Just a very OPTIMISTIC outlook.

Our set lost two out of the 3 focals. The bonus from this there won't be a furniture build every few months to replace all the focals. Glad to see the chair aisle go back to grab and go. Also glad to see the backer paper change finally and there's no more guessing where the furniture security brackets will go. Saves a lot of time there.

Today I set a POG that was literally just organizing the remainder of the outdoor / patio clearance. Brand new POG. Dated for this week. Didn't print over 2/3'rds of the labels because nearly everything is clearance.

Brilliant use of time there, Target.

Also, the new POG print-outs are terrible. Sure, printing on both sides of the paper is cool, but did you have to alter the format completely? I can't read where any of the peg labels go because the graphics overwrite the peg numbers. I'd use the line listing to map it out but you got rid of that too. Guess I'll just waste more time getting the POG printout I'm used to in the fixture room, thus wasting the paper you were hoping to save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back