Archived Need advice regarding something that happened between my TL and I

• Thread starter Pfreshbackroomguy
  • Start date
  • Replies 106
  • Views 14K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, that's why Pfresh stores have PA's. They run the team when the ctl is not there. I know this because I am a PA. However, your PA could have possibly done without the rude tone and all that jazz.

Chaos is back in the house! She knows alot.
Guy, if your tasks are done, I would say, yes. You may want to take a look on workbench on training guide on pa's. It has a lot of info that you may not be aware of. For now, focus on your tasks of the day. Be proactive & avoid politics.

You still have the tl issue pending.

When I am running the team, I usually don't have to correct my team since most of the team members have been with us long enough to know what we expect from them. However, If it is a new team member or just that one team member that doesnt give a crap about Pfresh, then I'll jump in and correct them. I'm usually nice about it but if it's a constant thing then that's when I get the CTL involved since the PAs cannot coach or write anyone up.

I actually take the truck three times out of four during the week, I come in at 4am Mondays, Wednesday's and Fridays. I am at a AA volume store, so we have the overnight flow team push truck and we also have five overnight team members who backstock. They usually finish before they leave at 9:30am, however on those rare occasions when they don't, we usually jump in and finish it. The mid shift and closers are not supposed to be backstocking.

Nice job for handling the situation Pfreshbackroomguy. It's nice that you took care of it the right way. I'll agree if a TL gets pissed off bcus work isn't done, they have a right to get mad. What's not right is called "taking it too far". I thought the whole text-message thing was just unnecessary and that went over the line. I mean if your gonna complain, complain to your face and dont get carried away. It happened to my boss once, bcus I forgot to put something away, and then the next 10 minutes, he comes to me and "jokes" about how I left 10 minutes early bcus I was in the back of the store putting stuff away and I just wanted to go home w/o checking with him.

But yea, there is a lesson from this whole situation, and its communication. If you can't get something done, at least ask nicely for help, don't overextend it to the point where some1 has to do the work for you bcus the are leaving in like 10 minutes or so. If TL's can create a schedule to get things done, it would be much easier then having to do around trying to fix every issue at the same time.

It's way cheaper for Target to pay him/her 15 minutes per text than to pay him/her millions of dollars in a case they'd have against Target when it comes to the law and working off the clock.

The TL should at least be on final here, but it really should be a term, considering how much money he or she could potentially cost the company if this got bad. Luckily for the TL and Target, the OP seems to be a good person so they won't get hit.

You won't know if your TL has faced any disciplinary action for what they did, however, unless of course it's a term which cannot be hid because the TL's absence would be obvious. Anyone that tells you that the TL faced disciplinary action is in violation of policy, but I'm sure it happens.

I wish that Pfresh would come by and give us an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back