Archived Need advice/tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! I have been with target for approximately 7 years, and just got a TL promotion. I am a new in role FLow Tl. My store is pretty low volume, (even though we just got bumped up on the org chart this past year). Im just curious to hear from other (flow) leaders about any advice/tips going forward in this role. I know it wont be easy, but i like a challenge, and im also pretty well rounded when it comes to logistics. Ive worked flow/br/instocks for the past 4-5 years.

Some specifics im looking for are:
-What are some good huddle topics/ways to get the team engaged in huddle? This team just seems so quiet and blah at huddles everyday. Id like to try and make it fun/interesting for them...
-What are the toughest challanges day in and out?
-How do you get TM's on board to deliver expectations/stay on task? it seems like a lot don't seem to have the drive... and i feel like a lot of them just feel like its a job to come into day in and day out. Yes they have to do their job, but none seem to really see the personal development part.

I've never been an outgoing person, or an influential person, but Ive gotten better lol and the team i have here can be exceptionally well, and i feel like if i can be an influence on them they can see how important each of their roles are in the store/company. I've just had a hard time with ways how...they are hard headed lol.

Thank you in advance!

When people wont participate- we have each to nominate a person we appreciate or provide what's going on in our work center. People tend to not like that because it makes them talk so people will do it willingly.

Before I left spot. During a conversation with the etl he said electronics was gonna start an e2e process. Within the next year and logistics would be giving up hours.
Trust me logistics is already giving up a lot of hours with the market e2e. We're slowly expanding the areas. We are starting on electronics with the next few months.

From another thread:
OK, at my store here are the changes so far:
HL divided in to A, B, C-D (which was then sub divided into 3 sections laterally (D backwall 1-15 16-30 31-41 and backwall C )) E, electronics and seasonal.
Grocery was folded into itself and handed to a new Food TL who after two weeks traded with the starbucks TL )
A and B are now essentials and handed to ETL sales floor who took all 12 of us (me, a BRTL, a sfTL who has never worked flow before and all the newbs) explained that we would do all. Its interesting how things are flowing. This week supposedly A is going to do their own backstock. Considering I made a deal with the receiving backroom person (not the reverse logistics lady who has been there 25 years and lazy af (gets what she had to done etc)) so that he can keep is PDA (otherwise I would have to get it for the time it takes to backstock my pallet (and I haven't done this before so its takes me longer than him who does this all the time) I am interested in how this is going.

Oh and I did my first POG reset sunday. Converted a 4 ft section to push bars so the cat treat bags don't look 'ugly' anymore.
Thanks flow warrior

Do you do huddles every day? We have a huddle, only average, probably only three or four times a month (more during Xmas season). Maybe there are too many huddles and that's causing TMs to disengage. Especially if it's not important (to almost everyone) information being relayed. IMO, less is more when it comes to team meetings/huddles.

As a fairly new TM, I appreciate the TLs that are willing to do anything they ask me to do, themselves as well. Proves they will get their hands dirty (same for ETLs).

Make huddles genuine. Know your people and their task lists. Communicate. Let them communicate as in cultivate an environment where tms can speak freely w/out judgement. A lot of problems occur because someone won't speak up.

What are the changes? And what is e2e? Please explain.
End 2 end. One team runs everything. So in market, the market team does the flow push, the fdc push, the backroom pulls, back stocks, does instock, and salesfloor. Eventually they'll be doing the pogs and pricing too I believe. They're testing it in a lot of stores for market, and a few stores throughout the whole store.

@instockout Ohhh. I see. Very interesting. So basically theyre doing away with a few teams and combining them...could be a "Lets have more salesfloor time all around" or a "Lets save as much payroll as possible."

@instockout Ohhh. I see. Very interesting. So basically theyre doing away with a few teams and combining them...could be a "Lets have more salesfloor time all around" or a "Lets save as much payroll as possible."
Little bit of both. They see it as more accountability and at the same time they will have more people on the floor to help guests. We now have more people in market than we do anywhere else in the store... Honestly they're struggling too. So I'm not sure how it'll be going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back