Archived Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcellow

No and that’s final
So I just got promoted to GSA from overnight and I’m in my first week of training. Quite an adjustment from seeing no guests to seeing them everywhere. Right in time for Q4. o_O

Having little to no experience outside of ringing people up for purchases, it’s definitely a lot to take in. The opening/closing routines, setting salesplanners, order pickup, speedweaving, Flex/SFS and pulling POG/EXF batches won’t be hard as I’ve always been task-oriented and I’m trained in the backroom.

However, the whole service desk, delegating tasks to TMs, our policies, learning names of everyone/what they are good at, making break schedules and making sure the front end isnt on fire is what I think will take me some time. GSA positions are used as stepping stones for TL so I definitely have to step up. :eek:

It’s only been 3 days of training, I’m being trained by everyone (so everyone has different ways of doing things) and my anxiety is a little high because I want to do well. I also need to make sure that the cashiers and service desk folks know that I’m here to work with them.

Any advice, tips or simply pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated, I love this forum.

The front end is always on fire.

But seriously good luck! Clear communication to your team is a must...not only in the information but the delivery. Stay consistent with expectations. Show that you can pitch in when necessary. And please don’t just randomly disappear without informing the GSTMs. Just a huge pet peeve of mine.

The front end is always on fire.

But seriously good luck! Clear communication to your team is a must...not only in the information but the delivery. Stay consistent with expectations. Show that you can pitch in when necessary. And please don’t just randomly disappear without informing the GSTMs. Just a huge pet peeve of mine.

This and don't be afraid to let those that know what they are doing, do it and take that load off you when possible. This takes a bit to learn who is and isn't but those people will love and support you for it.

I wouldn't worry about what people are good at. That's a trap. The front end runs smoothly when everyone can do everything. Flexibility is a necessity in the new model. We have fewer people, so no one can afford to not learn it all. Teach them. Then continue to teach. Repeat.

Leaders should be rarely needed. If they do their jobs, everyone could be a decent gsa in a jiffy.

What I see are people who play power games instead and won't train people, making excuses. "She's not good at that" means better be writing them up and moving them out. We simply have no time for those people. Target guests need service, need people who know policies, know procedures a d are fast.

So train. Then train more. And treat EVERYONE like your mother.

Final word: don't gossip about TM. It's tacky, immature and always gets back to them.

Good luck.

I wouldn't worry about what people are good at. That's a trap. The front end runs smoothly when everyone can do everything. Flexibility is a necessity in the new model. We have fewer people, so no one can afford to not learn it all. Teach them. Then continue to teach. Repeat.

Leaders should be rarely needed. If they do their jobs, everyone could be a decent gsa in a jiffy.

What I see are people who play power games instead and won't train people, making excuses. "She's not good at that" means better be writing them up and moving them out. We simply have no time for those people. Target guests need service, need people who know policies, know procedures a d are fast.

Final word: don't gossip about TM. It's tacky, immature and always gets back to them.

Good luck.

Truth..

Good luck.
Preach!!

Archbishop of Target Church, @RedcardReba 🙌🙌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back