Archived Need serious advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a senior Team lead female having an affair with a team member ( male ) which leads to special treatment . There is evidence out legit evidence . Photos , video , call log etc . The integrity hotline was called and the website . What should be the next step . You call corporate but they connect you to the 1-800 number . Thanks

How long ago did you call?

It can take some time.

It got to a higher rank that called to my number . Then the district tl came down and had a talk with h.r. that was yesterday and that boss is there today but the team member got fired instantly

@ not my name . It’s called fair punishment with proof being tucked under rug

The 1800 is all you can do. Corp takes all issues through the 1800number.

Did you identify yourself as the reporting TM?

They are probably keeping the Snr TL on for the mean time to identify and investigate any other issues. If SnrTL's performance was good or was liked by the Execs, it may just be a Final.

@ not my name . It’s called fair punishment with proof being tucked under rug

You said the DTL was there YESTERDAY and that the team member has ALREADY been fired!!! You think they’re going to fire a senior team lead instantly?

Holy shit you clearly have a hard on for this senior for whatever reason... maybe you’re a shit tm, maybe you’re bored with life, maybe you want a promotion... I don’t know what it is but clearly you’ve got a personal problem.

This isn’t about doing the right thing and you know it. Holy shit how obvious can you be?

Have a senior Team lead female having an affair with a team member ( male ) which leads to special treatment . There is evidence out legit evidence . Photos , video , call log etc . The integrity hotline was called and the website . What should be the next step . You call corporate but they connect you to the 1-800 number . Thanks
Clearly you don’t like the team member or the tl . My question for you is do you have any gratification from the results ? If so you need to find happiness within yourself . In
My store we had an etl dating a team leas and of course there was also tm as you who was bitter for whatever reasons . That etl got moved and now 20 years later they are still happily married with 2 beautiful kids . Ohh and the bitter team member was gone before the etl got moved .

If your distracted by every piece of gossip at Target then this is not the place for you. There are so many unjust and unfair things that go on that if you tried to make any sense of it all you would go crazy.
Make it a policy to go in and do the best job you can for the hours your employed to do so. Don't get involved with the drama and the drama wont involve you.

Sounds to me like the problem is solved by Spot's standards.
Was it fair?
Probably not.
But they might not be done and you don't know everything.
Just step back and see what happens.

To everyone else....

If you have something useful to add cool, but let's not have this turn into a shitshow.

Was it fair?
Probably not.

To everyone else....

If you have something useful to add cool, but let's not have this turn into a shitshow.
I'm surprised though they canned the TM but not the TL and even if they eventually do, why the delay? Makes no sense but hopefully everything works out for everybody.

I'm surprised though they canned the TM but not the TL and even if they eventually do, why the delay? Makes no sense but hopefully everything works out for everybody.

There’s no telling but the tm could be shit and the team leader amazing or they could but crossing their Ts and dotting their i’s because a fired leader is more likely to result in unemployment and or a lawsuit.

Or any other unknown reason...

So...nobody gets fired for banging a tm. It’s shitty if they keep it a secret and you get called out on it but realistically they spoke to both, and offered one of them to either transfer or resign. I’m guessing the team member decided to resign.

There’s no telling but the tm could be shit and the team leader amazing or they could but crossing their Ts and dotting their i’s because a fired leader is more likely to result in unemployment and or a lawsuit.

Or any other unknown reason...
I don't know about a lawsuit as it is considered an ethical violation that each and every team member abides to. Regardless how good the TL is they need to get fired as they put the company in a very awkward place. The HRBP is essentially condoning it if both were in a relationship together but yet the TM gets fired. Minimum the person higher in command should get fired. It goes to show you how far things has changed where even ethics cannot wait for modernization.

Last edited:
Was it fair?
Probably not.

To everyone else....

I just hope they can still be lovers.

Something useful ....🤔
🤨

🧐
Hopefully it was all for the nookie 🤷‍♀️

This is straight out of the Sexual Harassment webinar that we all had to watch and pass as government employees. Spot was smart to take action quickly before you filed a lawsuit and WON easily.

Here you go:

Favoritism as Sexual Harassment
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the federal agency that interprets and enforces the laws prohibiting discrimination, has said that favoritism may be sexual harassment if it's based on submitting to a manager's sexual advances. For example, if some employees receive better assignments or other job benefits because they put up with a manager's harassment, the other employees may still have a legal claim against the company. Because putting up with harassment is a condition of getting job benefits, employees may have a valid sexual harassment claim, whether or not they were directly subjected to harassment or went along with it.

Some courts have gone further and found that favoring romantic partners in the workplace may constitute sexual harassment, in some situations. Even if the romantic partners themselves are not facing harassment (because their relationships are consensual), other employees may believe that the only way to get ahead at the company is to have sex with the boss. At some point, this type of behavior crosses the line from unprofessional to illegal harassment, particularly if a number of employees are involved.

Sounds like the TM resigned and the Sr knows enough to not get fired immediately.

You shouldn't get fired for it the first time...one of them gets transferred. The company has to have proof they are in a relationship and it is pretty hard to get that if they don't both admit it. That is why you don't often see firings for it.

My store had the same situation and the senior tl didn’t get fired but the regular tm did right away.. she ended up quitting about 6 months later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back