Archived Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I was recently promoted at my store. In the two months all I have heard are good things about the progress of my area.

However the last couple weeks one of my team members has expressed how upset they were about being passed over and losing hours to me. I understand what they are saying, however this person has been a problem child. The ETL's have been notified in the past but nothing has ever been done. This continues to get away with it.
I just found out recently this person has been moved back to day shifts once a week. I have a big problem with that because most of the problems have occurred on his shifts. Things aren't getting done. I expressed my concerns but I feel like nothing will be done.
I have my team members along with the backroom team members telling everything this person isn't doing. I am writing everything down. Recently this person has been telling me that thier job has been difficult because of my zone not being done properly. They are telling me everything I am doing wrong. I don't mind constructive criticism, however I am not getting the same feedback from management.
Is there any advice that someone could give me?

Last edited:
A few questions..
Is everyone trained correctly? Do they know the backroom scores & the importance? Did you say thanks to your team more than once? Do you lead by example?
Keep on talking to your leadership too.

Thank you for the reply @Hardlinesmaster. I have one who is still learning and I am partnering with him tomorrow to learn how to order correctly and tips I have learned.
Everyone is trained properly but I feel like some of the tasks especially cleaning have been lacking so I am re- implementing somethings. Our BR TL has stressed the importance of the backroom scores and explained those to everyone. I do work closely with out backroom team to make sure everyone is doing what needs to be done on our end as well as thier end. I do lead by example. I will not ask anyone to do anything that I will not do. I have been working on starting the cleaning tasks as well as dry market date checks and have express my expectations. So far all but one have been willing to do what I am doing and asking to be done. I have been talking to the leadership. I expressed my concerns and we have come up with a plan so if things aren't being done, then my ETL can coach when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back