Archived Never getting 15 min break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrina

Team Member
Quick question, if you're working an 8 hr shift and your gstl only lets you take your lunch, is there anything you can say/do to get this fixed? This is the 3rd shift they've done this to me. I'm gs and there's people here who are also trained there

Yeah you should get two 15's not just one.. If you need to call the LOD cause the GSTL won't get you coverage. I would do this when your break time is past by a good amount 20min or so more than long enough to get coverage. Your breaks need to be on the break out board they write the break schedule ask when you get there what they are and who will be covering. This is just bullshit..

And if you have to go - go.. Understand.. o_O

Walk away from GS 2 1/2 hours into your shift for your break. Just call it out on the walkies. They can't stop you

What are they doing to not let you take your 15(s)? Not telling you when they are, or outright telling you that you can't take them when it's your turn?

I would first ask for my breaks, and if I still don’t get them, just go on them on your own time. The store will go on and the GSTL will realize you aren’t some weak person they can control. Gotta stick up for yourself.

If you’re in GS with another person, literally just walk out, find your GSTL and be like “I’m gonna go on my 15, soandso is in there alone so you might wanna send someone else in there.” And take your break. That’s what I do

Pick up the walkie and ask “GSTL it’s time for my 15. Who is coming to cover guest service?” You may get told to take conversations to channel 3 or 4 but now the whole store - including the LOD (if they’re paying attention) - know you need your break.

You're GS? Don't know about your store but guest service is for the people who are protential leaders in mine. The opening GSTL writes in the breaks and they're posted at guest service. We expect them to take it at the time written in as it is done to make sure there is coverage. If my team runs into issues (held up by guest so took break a little later than posted, etc) they just communicate with me. Otherwise, I shouldn't have to police them.

In your case It seems like there is a lack of communication. Speak to your GSTL first. If nothing changes you go to the ETL-GE. Leaders don't often deliberately screw people out of breaks. Also keep in mind that GSTLs is running all over the place dealing with guest after guest and following up on many things. You may have to let them know about your break sometimes.

Speak up as soon as possible to someone with power. This situation happens alot in many stores and they usually see how long they can get away with it, then when you bring it up they will act dumb

Speak up as soon as possible to someone with power. This situation happens alot in many stores and they usually see how long they can get away with it, then when you bring it up they will act dumb

This. It is a playbook my stores leadership loves.

Quick question, if you're working an 8 hr shift and your gstl only lets you take your lunch, is there anything you can say/do to get this fixed? This is the 3rd shift they've done this to me. I'm gs and there's people here who are also trained there
yes, go to ETL-GE and tell them you didnt take it.

Go above their head!
"LOD, go to four. Hey, the GSTL isn't letting me take my 15s, are we not doing those anymore?"

The walkie is a very powerful tool to have..... so use it!

Never be snarky or annoyed when you use it....this is what will get you in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back