Archived NEW BRAND: Smartly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Say Hello to Smartly, Target’s Newest Owned Brand With Most Items Under $2 - https://corporate.target.com/article/2018/10/smartly

literally just cheaper up&up (I wonder if up&up will now get a rebrand as a slightly higher end line-- I hope so bc I really like it)

clear strategy here is "come for the cheap essentials, stay for the clothes and home goods"... from a business standpoint, this brand is a wicked good idea. sacrifice margins on stuff (cheap essentials) where the margins weren't really that fantastic anyway, get guests in store, and then they end up filling their cart with expensive clothes and home goods.

Last edited:
Idk. It's feel cheap. One of the bottle broke from the package and spilled all over the floor.
Ohh sorry I meant the way it looks/the design I honestly haven’t had any experience with the actual quality but that sucks to hear :oops:

Ohh sorry I meant the way it looks/the design I honestly haven’t had any experience with the actual quality but that sucks to hear :oops:

Oops just edited. But yea nice design but quality could be better.

Reactions: Dog
We’ve been setting this in waves, anyone else? We’ve had the Smartly paper towels out for almost a month now, and paper plates were just set a week ago, but that’s it. We still don’t have cleaners set yet. I had a guest come in two days ago looking for Smartly shaving cream and I had to get some for him out of the back.

I just bought the liquid dishwasher detergent. Haven't started using it yet, though, I've got a partial bottle of Cascade to use up because up&up was gone for so long and pods don't fully dissolve in my dishwasher.

I wonder what the actual product quality is like. A 4-pack of toilet paper for 99 cents? I don't know if it's possible to get rougher than what's in the bathrooms, but if I buy that I fear I'll discover that it is.
I think the quality is good, but you don’t get a lot of it. It’s only 66.6 total square feet.

I saw Smartly paper towels the other day on the shelf for something like $2.09 and was wondering what it was.

Now I know,

I just had my 1st guest checkout with the 2 pack of paper towels. Only $1.19! However the rolls were sort of "squishy" which implies they're not very durable. Probably better off buying 1 roll of the more expensive brands.
Or there's a lot of air in a loosely rolled roll. Still agree with the conclusion of buying something that costs a bit more. That said, I hope the up & up paper towels aren't going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back