Archived New Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I’m in the minority and maybe it’s bc I’m not a cart attendant but as a guest I love the all plastic ones. They look really nice and are sooo quiet.

Agree 100% as well. Before working here I also always thought the smooth plastic carts differentiated target from the grocery stores with their rickety metal carts...even if the “new metal carts” are smooth and don’t make noise, just looking at them makes me assume they would be. I really think these are an awful idea.

My store got the same ones @Stubio posted a few weeks ago

pros:
- silent
- smooth as Astroglide
- bigger than our old ones so more room for cardboard and trash

cons:
- much heavier, I can only push about 5 of them at a time now
- they seem to come apart more easily when pushing a line of them
- almost TOO quiet, I've already collided with several guests because I couldn't hear them coming around a corner

We have the all-plastic ones & so many have been sent off after being used for shelving/fixtures/teens who should know better.
Even without those extreme uses many more have been patched by our PMT for breaking at contact points near the handle, corner cracks, split wheels, splitting rubber of said wheels, side panels cracking.
I'd be glad to go back to metal.

My store got the same ones @Stubio posted a few weeks ago

pros:
- silent
- smooth as Astroglide
- bigger than our old ones so more room for cardboard and trash

cons:
- much heavier, I can only push about 5 of them at a time now
- they seem to come apart more easily when pushing a line of them
- almost TOO quiet, I've already collided with several guests because I couldn't hear them coming around a corner

Any idea how long they last before falling apart/no longer being silent/etc? Would be my biggest fear..

We have the all-plastic ones & so many have been sent off after being used for shelving/fixtures/teens who should know better.
Even without those extreme uses many more have been patched by our PMT for breaking at contact points near the handle, corner cracks, split wheels, splitting rubber of said wheels, side panels cracking.
I'd be glad to go back to metal.

Starting to think you all have really aggressive guests.... I LOVE the plastic carts and haven’t seen any broken ones since I’ve been working here or in my time as a guest. Please don’t take my carts!!!!

So Target's plastic carts idea lasted a grand total of 3 years before they are going back to the old metal carts, this time with softer plastic and anti rust coated metal.
The plastic was supposed to save them money but probably cost them more in the long run with all these repairs.

Starting to think you all have really aggressive guests.... I LOVE the plastic carts and haven’t seen any broken ones since I’ve been working here or in my time as a guest. Please don’t take my carts!!!!

The wheels were breaking off within the first month that we got the plastic ones.
And they didn't hold up to the wood shelf test worth a darn.

The wheels were breaking off within the first month that we got the plastic ones.
And they didn't hold up to the wood shelf test worth a darn.
Dare I ask what the wood shelf test is?
That’s too bad though...ours are great!! Might be because we are lower volume or something. Just hope I can keep my carts...

I try never to quote myself.

The rule should be that before Spot rolls any cart out they have drop at least a half dozen wood softline shelves in them for a week.
If they don't collapse, break, or fall apart, then they get to put them in stores.

It comes from plano teams using carts to store shelves.
I saw a plastic cart bend in half after a couple of days of shelves in the fixture room.
No, they are not designed for that but the original metal and plastic carts handled it.

As a member of pricing we like the old plastic ones because the black tray fits over the seat. The tray does not even come close to fitting in the newer metal ones.

My store is slated to get new carts this year. Hopefully they survive the back wheel of death meaning the weld breaks on the back wheel because of the Gatekeeper wheel.

Lol, if we get the plastic ones switched, imma be out on carts again helping out our cart attendants. I'm one of my store's fastest Cart Attendants, but I was initially a cashier...

aaf_shifty.gif

As a member of pricing we like the old plastic ones because the black tray fits over the seat. The tray does not even come close to fitting in the newer metal ones.
That's weird, I could swear I've seen the black tray fitting over the new carts at my store. I'll have to take a closer look next time I see one of the pricing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back