COVID-19 New Cleaning Protocol

Here is how it works at my store:

The 6 am cleaner cleans around the store before it opens. If there are any cashier callouts, they will immediately be moved there once the store opens.

If they know how to do drive-up or FF, they will be moved there.

No cleaner is spending their whole shift cleaning anymore unless it's super dead traffic-wise.

I don't mind doing cashiering or putting away reshop. But, um...maybe stop saying "cleaning" on my schedule if I'm going to spend 90% of my shift on a register? If you want me to be on the register just schedule me as a cashier!
At my store they clean from 6-8 and then shift to mask station/ cart cleaner. My store is pretty strict about have someone at mask station.

The cart cleaning is non existence but still have a cart with cleaning/supplies. Though the counting is useless so if they go back to that shit they just need to invest in a automatic counter.
For a while we didn’t have a cart cleaner much they were always getting pulled for other things but, with the new variant of covid we always have a cart cleaner/ mask station person.

it is not supposed to so congrats on being the outlier i guess! it does not work at my store and i have 3 entrances so
Hmm. We have two, and they’re kinda near each other so maybe that’s why? I thought I remembered communication when they first started using it that said the app supports 2 entrances, but maybe I’m imagining that.

maybe it’s bc you have 3?

For a while we didn’t have a cart cleaner much they were always getting pulled for other things but, with the new variant of covid we always have a cart cleaner/ mask station person.
We have one entrance, and the mask person was AP but now AP isn't allowed to stand there, it's just a table with a tupperware full of masks. And the cleaner is ALWAYS being yanked for stuff. It's like the management hates seeing them standing there doing nothing for even a single second.

Last edited:
It's like the management hates seeing them standing there doing nothing for even a single second.

I'm absolutely certain that's a universal attitude for every manager everywhere towards every employee. A couple of days ago I asked our VM for some help cleaning up a focal where we're light on some product and have way too much of other product: The god awful plastic dinnerware focal in kitchen. My former TL happened to walk by and started berating us about standing around and doing nothing, we have a group level visit soon, so you have to find something to do if you have no work, blah, blah, blah. YES, EXACTLY, we have a group level visit soon, which is exactly why I'm standing here chatting with our VM about how I can fix this focal to make it not look like dog shit. She's kind of the store expert in that type of stuff, asshole.

I'm absolutely certain that's a universal attitude for every manager everywhere towards every employee. A couple of days ago I asked our VM for some help cleaning up a focal where we're light on some product and have way too much of other product: The god awful plastic dinnerware focal in kitchen. My former TL happened to walk by and started berating us about standing around and doing nothing, we have a group level visit soon, so you have to find something to do if you have no work, blah, blah, blah. YES, EXACTLY, we have a group level visit soon, which is exactly why I'm standing here chatting with our VM about how I can fix this focal to make it not look like dog shit. She's kind of the store expert in that type of stuff, asshole.
Can confirm that as a former manager I don't like seeing people standing around. But your former TL could have been more diplomatic by approaching and asking hey, what's up guys and given you a chance to tell them what you're doing instead of assuming you were goofing off.

It's almost always the same four managers at my store, and they're like this towards everyone.

"Oh shit, X is coming, look busy" is said literally every day here.

What's the point of having a cart wiper if you don't have them wiping carts? If it's morning shift there will be dead spots. They can't be active every second.

Can confirm that as a former manager I don't like seeing people standing around. But your former TL could have been more diplomatic by approaching and asking hey, what's up guys and given you a chance to tell them what you're doing instead of assuming you were goofing off.

Agreed. My Former TL is basically a jackass. He's pissed that my ETL transferred me to another department because now his metrics are red and I'm not inclined to jump into fulfillment to help him. I have other work to do now. He also thinks that everyone who has anything to do with Style just stands around all day. So, me and the VM chatting set him off with no questions asked. It's just a situation. Everyone at my store knows full well that I'm never doing nothing.

It's almost always the same four managers at my store, and they're like this towards everyone.

"Oh shit, X is coming, look busy" is said literally every day here.

What's the point of having a cart wiper if you don't have them wiping carts? If it's morning shift there will be dead spots. They can't be active every second.

My store's main cart wiper is kind of a machine. He does the carts. He also stocks and zones the new fast service coolers that are right by his station. If things get slow, he helps stock Bullseye's Playground. He is simultaneously one of the slowest moving people in the store because of a disability, but also one of the TMs who manages to get the most stuff done in the store. He's unreal. Also, an incredibly nice guy who is perfect for a job that requires greeting guests.

Back