Archived New coupon policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a new coupon effective Oct. 1?
A woman came to the service desk the other day with a coupon she forgot to use for a purchase she made a week before. I scanned the receipt but there was no function for a misses coupon, not that I expected one because it was past three days. I told the coupon needs to be redeemed within three days of the transaction. She wanted to speak to a manager and see the written policy. I called over a gstl then I looked for the policy, but I could not find anything about missed coupons. The gstl did not accept the coupon either.
Later, I called guest service to find out where the policy was written and was told that redeeming missed coupons is no longer Target's policy. However, the function still exists on the pos within the three day window.
Is this just another non-written policy? Can anyone confirm this, or clarify it? If true will the missed coupon function be eliminated? (I hope).

Part of me would love that. The other part of me knows that would be the biggest nightmare ever.

Target is moving in the direction of helping the every day guest, so I see this being a positive step for that. Partner with STL/AP if you have extreme couponers trying to utilize this to get passed the POS system and I am sure they'll give you permission to decline.

Interesting. I've never had anyone get upset about not being able to use a missed coupon, (except for one time when it was a coupon scammer trying to use them after they had been denied at the register... duh...) so I haven't thought to look for where it's written.

I suppose I would just explain that it's a quirk of the system, and that it won't let us apply missed coupons after three days.

Is this just another non-written policy? Can anyone confirm this, or clarify it? If true will the missed coupon function be eliminated? (I hope).

Refer to the target.com policy posted on the web.
SubCategory Article

Workbench also has a lot of useful information if you search "Missed Coupon"

• All coupons and Cartwheel must be presented to the cashier during checkout and have a scannable barcode. Coupons and Cartwheel offers cannot be applied to previous purchases.
As for the Missed Coupon option on the POS: The receipts only allow for a missed coupon to be applied either the day of the transaction or the day after the transaction. (Ex. Am item with receipt date 7/14/17 can only use the "Missed Coupon" Fix a Mistake on 7/14/17 and 7/15/17. The POS software removes the option after close on the second day from the scanned receipt.) Also, missed REDCard discounts (Wrong Payment) can only be applied same day before close as a Fix a Mistake.

Refer to the target.com policy posted on the web.
SubCategory Article

Workbench also has a lot of useful information if you search "Missed Coupon"

• All coupons and Cartwheel must be presented to the cashier during checkout and have a scannable barcode. Coupons and Cartwheel offers cannot be applied to previous purchases.
As for the Missed Coupon option on the POS: The receipts only allow for a missed coupon to be applied either the day of the transaction or the day after the transaction. (Ex. Am item with receipt date 7/14/17 can only use the "Missed Coupon" Fix a Mistake on 7/14/17 and 7/15/17. The POS software removes the option after close on the second day from the scanned receipt.) Also, missed REDCard discounts (Wrong Payment) can only be applied same day before close as a Fix a Mistake.

This assumes you have the missed coupon option. Ours got turned off because we were using it too much and for some ungodly reason they won't turn it back on.

We are told to make things right for the guest; i just adjust the price of the merchandise with the coupon then keep it. I only do this to one item and obviously not trying to scam Target. Otherwise sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back