Archived New dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a tough case, because apparently employees can make makeup part of a dress code. In target's case, in my state at least, they can't even enforce all khaki, so I doubt the makeup thing would work.

This would be a shit storm for them for PR. Something about forcing women to wear makeup seems contradictory to things like their stance on restrooms.

Having said all that, I'm skeptical that the OP of this thread is even telling the details of this correctly. I'd like to see some proof.

If you’d like proof, I will see if I can get the paper that was handed out. I’m not sure the makeup thing is on there since it’s mainly listing the what to wear and what not to wear for A&A, but my TL is the one that announced to us that if we were to work SF covering beauty, we should be prepared to wear makeup because it’s already been addressed to the other beauty TMs, & the TM I talked to that works beauty also confirmed it.

Last edited:
Being a guy who understands some makeup, I am missing something. Why does Ulta or Sephora have better makeup than Target?
I would never buy makeup from target because i don’t like any of our brands, they’re all cheap and suck imo. Ulta and Sephora has high end brands and better quality makeup, you can also have an employee do a demo on you or take samples home before you buy it etc

I don't think you need to pay an arm and a leg for makeup though. If you are fine with the general drugstore brands, I think the makeup/skin care at Target is pretty good but ASANTs as I've been in some stores that don't have near the selection as my store.

Targets makeup is fine and while the selection isn't as good as Sephora with our discounts it's cheaper

Drugstore makeup has seriously stepped up their game. While it's definitly hit and miss, some stuff rocks. My favorite foundation right now is from Wet N Wild. Never thought that would happen. When I was a kid, that shit was like costume makeup.

Drugstore makeup has seriously stepped up their game. While it's definitly hit and miss, some stuff rocks. My favorite foundation right now is from Wet N Wild. Never thought that would happen. When I was a kid, that shit was like costume makeup.
My teenage daughter who is really into make up especially expensive brands swears by that cheap wet N wild foundation. She says its really good.

So true, I used to be all about Sephora when I was into makeup a lot in high school & early college but now if I wear makeup it's mostly drugstore. I've realized that if you do a little research you can get products that are just as good at the drugstore.

Yeah we can't fire based on BO alone but I've sent TMs to HR who smell. You can get pissed all you want but if you still won't shower after a chat with HR then you're getting late night, minimal guest facing shifts. I have requisitioned soap, shampoo, and deodorant for TMs and given them to HR to pass along. If this applies to you I hope to hell you realize you're not getting promoted, better hours, nada if you show up to work every day wearing the same sweat soaked, ripped tshirt. I purposely schedule TMs with bad BO so that I don't have to interact with them.

As for the makeup, if you're already in Beauty your leadership doesn't really have leg to stand on to force you to wear makeup. They would be able to keep other TMs from being transferred to that department if they didn't have the right look. Not to say this is right, but it'll happen. Personally, I'm an ETL and I never wear makeup to work. Not even BB cream. I tried when I was an EIT and I couldn't stand having to wake up early combined with the constant need for touchups throughout the day. I despise the ETLs who come in and proceed to spend 30 mins in their office doing their makeup. That doesn't mean I don't anything about makeup though. When I'm off I like to wear a full face. Personally if I were a TM trying to become a beauty TM without wearing makeup I'd have a sit down with my ETL to show them what I know. Maybe compromise and ask for 50% a few items a month that you could them wear to work? I've heard of an ETL at another store offering 50% off red and khaki apparel for TMs so that they'd be more in inclined to dress better.

Jeans are hot and uncomfortable down here.

Plus, they're binding when I gotta drop down to the first shelf, for whatever reason

I'm gonna jump for joy when they allow shorts for everyone!!!

Jeans are hot and uncomfortable down here.

Plus, they're binding when I gotta dropdown to the first shelf, for whatever reason

I'm gonna jump for joy when they allow shorts for everyone!!!

If the current trend holds only females with nice asses and long clean legs will be alllowed in shorts. Those shorts will only be allowed above knee length and those females must sell a bottle of booze with every product in a guests cart. . .and a red card. . .

This thread is certainly amusing! Full make-up is worn by some women at my store, and not all of them are in beauty. Looks way overdone, imo, but I'm not the one spending so much time in front of the mirror. As to TMs with BO - um, yeah, there are a couple of guys at my store who could do with more frequent showering. But there's also a TM who's such a heavy smoker that they smell like an ashtray all the time. That's gross too.
But it's the droopy drawers that make me crazy. I really do not want to see bum cracks or underwear. It's called UNDERwear for a reason. And it's not just guys who can't pull up their pants. We have a female SrTL whose underwear I've seen on display way too often. Yuk.

I wouldn't believe it if I had not been standing there when the ETL came up with that. I should add it includes product we find that has been opened and you would normally defect, like when its opened and swatched(not so bad) But ewwww..

In my store not one beauty TM wore a full face of make up. One girl wore makeup every day, the others barely wore any, some days no one had make up on.

Sadly we too used opened product as samples but only if they were not visibly marked. You can't really tell with lipgloss so I avoided getting free makeovers like the plague. Which you could catch. Plague. Disgusting beauty dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back