Archived New dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Monday, our ETLs had a huge meeting with our STL. Afterwards, our ETL Sales Floor had a meeting with anyone that works in beauty or A&A. Basically they were told if you are scheduled beauty, you MUST have a full face of makeup on, and someone mentioned that you have to switch your look up as well. As for A&A, the new rules say no t-shirts, no polos, no v-necks. You must also wear form fitting pants, no denim(even on weekends). Is this just something new happening at my store, or is this company-wide??

our ETLs had a huge meeting with our STL.

What's a huge meeting?

Basically they were told if you are scheduled beauty, you MUST have a full face of makeup on,

No You can't force people to do this.

However if you are working in beauty you should wear makeup. If you go to Sephora the people selling makeup are also wearing it.

It always kinda shocks me when people apply for a beauty position and show up with no makeup. Not going to lie, some people who have applied at our store have failed the interview from the get go

and someone mentioned that you have to switch your look up as well.

This is how rumors get started.

You must also wear form fitting pants, no denim(even on weekends). Is this just something new happening at my store, or is this company-wide??

This is definitely your dumbass store and I hope one of you has the balls to call the hotline.

Target can't make you wear any specific style if they aren't going to provide you with a uniform.

So guys have to wear makeup? Also, no T-shirt’s, polos, or v necks...? So topless, hoodies, or coats?
From the paper I saw(they actually handed out papers on the new code) it all only applies to females. Though there is a guy that is threatening to come in with makeup on!

As for colors, they still say red outer layer and khaki pants

What's a huge meeting?

However if you are working in beauty you should wear makeup. If you go to Sephora the people selling makeup are also wearing it.

It always kinda shocks me when people apply for a beauty position and show up with no makeup. Not going to lie, some people who have applied at our store have failed the interview from the get go

This is definitely your dumbass store and I hope one of you has the balls to call the hotline.

Target can't make you wear any specific style if they aren't going to provide you with a uniform.

I think the op or the ops leaders misunderstood the whole being an expert thing for their department.

From the paper I saw(they actually handed out papers on the new code) it all only applies to females. Though there is a guy that is threatening to come in with makeup on!

As for colors, they still say red outer layer and khaki pants

Threatening? It's not really a threat unless he's bad at makeup.

This is a dumb question but I seriously haven't noticed. Do we still have the Boots people working beauty?

What's a huge meeting?

A huge meeting in our store is one that lasts over an hour. This was a 3 hour long meeting. Which then trickled into longer meetings with TLs and their respective ETLs.

With the beauty TMs, most wear makeup anyway. We only had one that did not, but she was pulled into a meeting and told that if she wants to work in that dept, she must wear makeup.

And thank you for clarifying about the dress code! I was honestly debating calling the hotline myself, but I didn’t want to jump to anything if it was company-wide. When POG hours are light, my team sometimes helps out in apparel, so we are supposed to have a meeting tomorrow with our ETL, so that mean a we’ll be given the new “dress code” talk as well.

One of the A&A TMs came in today still in her red tee and khakis, and she was immediately called out(hey, what’s with the tee? You know what the new dress code is!) Her response was epic...”dude, I don’t get paid til Friday! I don’t have money to spend on clothes since you guys cut my hours”

So Monday, our ETLs had a huge meeting with our STL. Afterwards, our ETL Sales Floor had a meeting with anyone that works in beauty or A&A. Basically they were told if you are scheduled beauty, you MUST have a full face of makeup on, and someone mentioned that you have to switch your look up as well. As for A&A, the new rules say no t-shirts, no polos, no v-necks. You must also wear form fitting pants, no denim(even on weekends). Is this just something new happening at my store, or is this company-wide??

So just button down shirts then? Is Target going to provide them? Form-fitting pants? WTF? Now at my old job we had a rule that pants must be worn at the waist to solve the saggy drawers/plumber’s crack. And it seems rather counter intuitive to launch a new denim line then forbid the TMs in charge of selling that line from wearing it.

So just button down shirts then? Is Target going to provide them? Form-fitting pants? WTF? Now at my old job we had a rule that pants must be worn at the waist to solve the saggy drawers/plumber’s crack. And it seems rather counter intuitive to launch a new denim line then forbid the TMs in charge of selling that line from wearing it.

This. They want to concentrate so much on selling, let the people in A&A wear the brand new denim line on weekends. It doesn’t make sense from a selling stand point not to.

Button-down shirts, cardigans, or “dressy” blouses, and no, Target isn’t providing them. Everyone is upset, other than the two or three that are super into fashion and always dress in stylish clothes.

Now I agree with the no sagging pants, and that really wouldn’t be too big of an issue at my store. But all new work clothes is going to be difficult for a lot of TMs with the hours we’ve all been getting lately.

I was thinking that there was no way they legally do that, but turns out they can, according to google. :/ kinda shocking. I'd try and get around it by saying I don't wear makep because I'm more focused on selling skincare.

Button-down shirts, cardigans, or “dressy” blouses, and no, Target isn’t providing them. Everyone is upset, other than the two or three that are super into fashion and always dress in stylish clothes.

Now I agree with the no sagging pants, and that really wouldn’t be too big of an issue at my store. But all new work clothes is going to be difficult for a lot of TMs with the hours we’ve all been getting lately.

Exactly. And don’t wash any of the A.N.D. cardigans. Shrink City. I have to return one because it shrank so much.

And while I don't think they can demand that a TM wear cosmetics.... I agree w/ @HRZone , you probably "should" wear cosmetics. It can (silently) build confidence in your Guest that you can "walk the talk". I feel the same about the A&A Team...... They "should" elevate their own style in an effort to inspire our Guest and build their trust. You can't sell Fashion if you're wearing a Target 5% tee shirt w/ holes for the 3rd day in a row, with saggy-baggy khakis w/ dirty knees.
*Spot would be wise to offer additional discounts, say once a month, to help the Team with purchasing better work attire. Must be Red/Khaki to get the discount. Cosmetics, too.

One of the A&A TMs came in today still in her red tee and khakis, and she was immediately called out(hey, what’s with the tee? You know what the new dress code is!) Her response was epic...”dude, I don’t get paid til Friday! I don’t have money to spend on clothes since you guys cut my hours”

Ya I’m not sure how they expect people to survive, let alone buy brand new clothes for work, with the hours they’ve been giving people. I would’ve just told them if they needed me in something different they can requisition it.

This is all a lawsuit waiting to happen. Besides the clearly sexist ideas mixed in those with legit allergies can eat them alive. I cant wear any make up because of my issues and my skin is exrremely picky on the clothes i buy and what i use to wash them. Go ahead let them come at me we can dance I will get my shoes

Well guess we are going to need a new handbook. Currently it says "Khaki is the "preferred" color for pants and a red top. No mention of a specific kind of red top. Had a store try to pull this type of thing before. They told us no khakis except dress slacks. Hot line was called, amended dress code was dropped

And while I don't think they can demand that a TM wear cosmetics.... I agree w/ @HRZone , you probably "should" wear cosmetics. It can (silently) build confidence in your Guest that you can "walk the talk".

This really is true. I am on flow team but I still wear some makeup to work (so I don’t look as dead as I feel) and when I’ve had to stay late working in health & beauty, I’ve had guests come to me instead of the scheduled beauty TM to ask for recommendations and general questions. Because our morning beauty TMs....well. I wouldn’t buy cosmetics from them either, or anything for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back