Archived New dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like your leaders aren’t reading their email communication from corporate.
Very possible.

And it wasn't a formal talking-to or CA, just a "hey, I must have missed telling you, since you're in jeans today." I wasn't the only one in jeans, but I was the only front-end TM. Another case where an actual SIGN at the time clock would have been helpful.....

Has anyone heard that the dress code may be changing in February? I've heard rumors but can't find anything substantial to back it up.
In my store we been wearing jeans since December and not only on weekends, but in general. We can wear jeans and khakis and pretty much any solid color pants, I usually wear black jeans. And for the top, nothing has changed, we can wear any shade of red it just has to be atleast 80% red. Patterns and brand names are fine.

ASANTS. I was talked to today because I wore blue jeans instead of khaki. I knew the everyday jeans was over, but I thought we were back to weekends.
It was in the Merch Update on Workbench, I think.

There is one TM who will periodically wear a really low cut top. I don't need to see those girls.

The company needs to sell a wider range of red, or require TM to buy their shirts at bullsyey shop. Admittedly I've never looked at the site, but reasonably prices would help eliminate the color hue spectrum. But then there are as many shades of khaki too.
I can go down to the local Goodwill shop and find a red shirt in excellent condition, sometimes new with the price tag attached condition, for $5. Is Bullseye shop better than that?

I also would love black pants. Very helpful when you are of the feminine persuasion and this month is especially heavy. I've had to buy a pair of khaki pants on my break because running to the bathroom every 30 minutes was not enough.

If anyone is told by a leader they can’t wear jeans, ask them to open the myComm app on the Zebra and read the Q4 Weekly from December 31st. Tell them to read the last paragraph that says Denim is extended through January.

If anyone is told by a leader they can’t wear jeans, ask them to open the myComm app on the Zebra and read the Q4 Weekly from December 31st. Tell them to read the last paragraph that says Denim is extended through January.
when will all stores have mycomm? my store still doesn't have it... @tmap98

I heard jeans forever, but strict with the red. Which makes me sad. I love my maroon.

I happened to run into my STL last night when I stopped in to shop. He told me that jeans ended completely on January 1 - not even on weekends anymore - and that Target as a whole didn't make the sales goal for jeans forever.

This is beside the point here....but doesn't all this talk shine a bright light on the problem Target has with communication?? Good lord, they can't communicate what we are allowed to wear effectively yet they expect us all to know how to do modernization efficiently? 🤦‍♀️

It seems like a lot of stores vary with their dress codes. Jeans on the weekend phase for our store meant Sat. and Sun. but another store I went to had TMs wearing them on Friday.
Two STLs ago, that one seemed to have a vendetta against capris and you could only wear "ankle pants" - they'd have a right fit if they could see any more than your ankle. But other Targets I went to had tons of female employees wearing capris. Then when our current STL started, I started wearing them because I was tired of being hot as fuck in our poorly air-conditioned store, and nobody batted an eye. Others even started wearing them after they saw I was, still nobody said a word.
They're pretty lax on the tops for us. As long as you have a red sweater or hoodie, they kind of stopped caring what's under it, so long as it's not generally inappropriate. One TM wears X-Men shirts with their red hoodie all the time, for example.

I heard that the handbook says tops must be over 50% red (not 80%) and it can be any shade of red (including maroon). Is anyone in a position to look up the formal dress code?

I heard that the handbook says tops must be over 50% red (not 80%) and it can be any shade of red (including maroon). Is anyone in a position to look up the formal dress code?

Here is what it says in the Team Member Handbook:
Dress Code - Red.jpg

Last edited:
At my store, jeans every day and any kind of shirt. If I’m not wearing a shirt that’s maroon/red/or my one orangeish shirt I’ll wear my red vest over it

Everyone is different, of course, but I will not wear my nice jeans and other clothes to work. I have several duplicate "Target Outfits" and I'm not going to waste my nicer things on work. When I leave I like to be in "normal" clothes/personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back