Archived New one year return policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait hang on what's with them obliterating reasons to get a RedCard? They just lowered the amount you have to purchase to get free shipping on Target.com. This whole thing with the year-long return policy, well, that right there kind of removes the 30 extra return days, doesn't it?

I recieved the communication in a email and was shown on workbench from my etl-ge. I can take pics and post when i go back to work saturday. Wondering will i able to do that and not asked for it to be taking down???

Cool, cool, just wanted to make sure it was official so we weren't discussing rumor.

The bike repairs is actually kind of bad news.
So we are going to just swap out bikes if they bring in one they just bought and it isn't working?
I understand it was a pain having the bike guy fix stuff but it had to be cheaper than that.

Last edited:
Cool, cool, just wanted to make sure it was official so we weren't discussing rumor.

The bike repairs is actually kind of bad news.
So we are going to just swap out bikes if they bring in one they just bought and it isn't working?
I understand it was a pain having the bike guy fix stuff but it had to be cheaper than that.

Lol i wish it was a rumour and yes only if its within its 90 days but then it contradicts itself because of the new policy so idk i was hoping when i post the pics you guys can make sense of it more then what my store is trying to

"I show up to work on time for the same reason I watch HBO's Girls; because in hating every loathsome and unsympathetic minute of it I feel more alive than I ever do normally, and I can't wait to see what happens next week."

--a friend talking about another industry, but it's exactly how I feel about guest service at target right now.

With a REDCard, you don't have to actually return the item, just collect the refund.

My ETL told us yesterday no one in the front end....cashier, GSTM, GSA, GSTL is no longer allowed to say no to a guest. So I expect this idea to be next for my store. First for REDcard holders and in a couple of months for everyone.

At Bloomingdales you can return anything no mater how long you had it or how worn it is. I ould think they lose a lot of money on that.
At Bloomingdales you could return items from Saks fifth ave. My cousin worked their and a woman came in returning shoes,with her receipt.. My cousin said, this receipt is from Saks, the woman said, but I am here now.. My cousin (store manager) took them back to avoid any hassles. They were 400.00 shoes. I'm sure that's a drop in the bucket for them.

My ETL told us yesterday no one in the front end....cashier, GSTM, GSA, GSTL is no longer allowed to say no to a guest. So I expect this idea to be next for my store. First for REDcard holders and in a couple of months for everyone.

So wait... what if you scan an item and the register says you can't sell it yet? I had that happen once, apparently someone from hardlines put some DVDs out a few days early. I was seriously considering "vibing" it to the guest anyway, but the STL came over and told the guest she couldn't buy it. I wonder what your ETL would've said...

Bullselle, this sounds like what we are starting to hear too. Same thing happened right after the breach to bring guests back. Maybe target didn't have a very good fourth quarter this year..trying to build that happy feeling back, but, I find this kind of approach just helps the problem guests, the coupon scammers and the fraudulent returners.

So wait... what if you scan an item and the register says you can't sell it yet? I had that happen once, apparently someone from hardlines put some DVDs out a few days early. I was seriously considering "vibing" it to the guest anyway, but the STL came over and told the guest she couldn't buy it. I wonder what your ETL would've said...
The ETL is allowed to turn people down. But all we can do is smile and say, "I would love to help you with that, but I will need to get a manager's approval."

Bullselle, this sounds like what we are starting to hear too. Same thing happened right after the breach to bring guests back. Maybe target didn't have a very good fourth quarter this year..trying to build that happy feeling back, but, I find this kind of approach just helps the problem guests, the coupon scammers and the fraudulent returners.

I'm waiting for the next guest who comes up to the lanes with their WIC stuff (we don't accept WIC). I am willing to bet the LOD will either vibe it out under 979 or say no and tell me to stop calling them for stupid stuff. But if I can't say "no" then that's all I can do, then.

250?!? Wow. My lego-returning lady will LOVE this.

I read the new return policy today and I'm okay with the year long thing. That means I can buy my kid a bunch of Cherokee and Circo clothes and then return them when he grows out of them, right? You know damn right that's what everybody is gonna start doing.

I do have a few questions. If no-receipt returns no longer require an exchange in the same dept/class, why not just give them a gift card?? What's the difference? Also, does anyone know if the even exchange policy for open air beds remains the same? I swear to god I will be so pissed if I have to take back everyone's used airbeds after their camping trip.

And my DTL better not revoke our no-HBA returns rule. I adore that we won't take coupon scammer's crap back.

Exactly. It doesn't take a year to figure out you need to return something. Best case scenario, we'll have far more guests returning things without receipts. Worst case, we'll have far, far more fraudulent returns.

Yup, got it today on REDWire. My guest service team member informed me when I walked in the door..... Oh boy. Should be interesting. "Oh hey, these Merona Jean Shorts i'm wearing (been wearing for a year) tore. Let me take them off for you so you can get the DPCI...... Actually, I'll just go to the fitting room, grab another pair and bring the tag up for you - it'll make it easier for you to process....."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back