Archived New one year return policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

signing genie

Former GSTL that got his soul back
So did anyone read the new return policy that target has just started. One year returns on all target owned brands and no more bike repairs plus all target.com returns can be done in store now. Lol just wow target really one year for returns!!!! Also there will be more updates coming between 2015 and 2016 to further "simplify" returns

So did anyone read the new return policy that target has just started. One year returns on all target owned brands and no more bike repairs plus all target.com returns can be done in store now. Lol just wow target really one year for returns!!!! Also there will be more updates coming between 2015 and 2016 to further "simplify" returns

Seriously, where did you hear it from?

Wouldn't surprise me, to be honest. Spot continually demonstrates how willing it is to part ways with its money in the name of pleasing our "guests." They will just make up for the losses by slashing more hours. Yay!!

At Bloomingdales you can return anything no mater how long you had it or how worn it is. I ould think they lose a lot of money on that.

I thought all target.com returns could be done in store anyways

Check on workbench just had my service desk and gsas sign off on it to make sure they know the new rules

I thought all target.com returns could be done in store anyways
We've had a few returns that were specifically stated to be returnable only by shipping. But corporate has always made us do an override. Somehow it's easier to bring the item to the store than it is to drop it off at UPS or USPS with a sticker on the box. IDK

Oh yeah I saw this last week. It went up on our board I think on the 22nd of February. Everyone was shocked, including our ETL-GE. She still hasn't told us how we're going to process it. I scanned a receipt just yesterday that was too far beyond the 90 day return window and the register gave me the big red warning screen.

Weird, haven't heard anything about this as a GSA. Then again, communication is usually last minute at my store. Surprise, surprise.

How do you suppose we're gonna know the refund amount after a year if there is no receipt?

And by simplify, do you mean, give the guest the override code and leave the cash drawer open?

It states that to vibe with the guest and that pos limitaions are 130 days but will be updated to fix that restriction. Also the wording was "targetfied" in a sense of no really answer for how they are going to simplify returns more.

Oh yeah I saw this last week. It went up on our board I think on the 22nd of February. Everyone was shocked, including our ETL-GE. She still hasn't told us how we're going to process it. I scanned a receipt just yesterday that was too far beyond the 90 day return window and the register gave me the big red warning screen.

Same here today but spoke with my team also etl ge and stl we believe it should be rolling out sometime later this month from the communication we have received from the new dtl

Oh sh*t, I don't ever want to work at the service desk ever again. I can hear it now... "what do you mean I can't return this item, I only bought it 13 months ago!" Or "I thought I had a year to return this, no I don't have a box or the receipt and I changed my card info, just give me my money!"

Seriously, where did you hear it from?

I recieved the communication in a email and was shown on workbench from my etl-ge. I can take pics and post when i go back to work saturday. Wondering will i able to do that and not asked for it to be taking down???

Wow that's just stupid but that's how it is now why do we even charge them ,just have them sign they took it and if in a year you want to keep you will pay for it .lol

I hate to be negative before I hear the details, but it sounds horrific to me. Our guests can't keep a receipt for two days, much less a year. And packaging?

Guest: Yeah, that tube of toothpaste looks used and most of it is gone and I didn't keep the box or the receipt, but I swear I just bought it six months ago. Can you give me cash?

Me: Sure - how much did you pay? $79.99? Do you have a penny? Thanks for shopping with us! Oh, yeah. Would you like to save 5% every time you shop?

I hate to be negative before I hear the details, but it sounds horrific to me. Our guests can't keep a receipt for two days, much less a year. And packaging?

Guest: Yeah, that tube of toothpaste looks used and most of it is gone and I didn't keep the box or the receipt, but I swear I just bought it six months ago. Can you give me cash?

Me: Sure - how much did you pay? $79.99? Do you have a penny? Thanks for shopping with us! Oh, yeah. Would you like to save 5% every time you shop?

Lmao i laughed at my etl and etl hr when i read it the first time even though it just for target brand items i think its going to expand to just everything. Also I forgot to mention but exchanges are not restricted to just one department now. If a guest return a coffee pot with no receipt and its over 70 they can basically get anything in the store to exchange for! Seriously its starting to become bull i should have took the backroom tl position when i had the chance if i would have know this will happen.

Last edited:
and its over 70 they can basically get anything in the store to exchange for!
I've been doing that since VIBE rolled out. In fact, I had to leave the Guest Service desk to ring up a guy's $200 liquor order he got in exchange for a six month old vacuum. I've been VIBEing for way too long.

DTL: [Redman], please tell the ETLs here what you use the override code for.

ME: Um, to give the guest liquor because his vacuum broke after six months or a year? I mean, VIBEing, sir. I want to be sure that my guests receive the most AMAZING service ever so they'll come back again and again.

Last edited:
Lmao wow never especially for liquor my etl ap will have my ass. Smh i love my job just hate the bs that my team is going through. First red card goals of 23 a day and now this dumb ass return policy no wonder im losing team members left and right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back