• Replies 9
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pfreshbackroomguy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.

For those of you that have the authority to place orders in p fresh, how do you like the new ordering application?

Do you like that we dont have to do the inventory management guide or would you rather do the inventory management guide to make sure you have an accurate order?

I like it and yet, i hate it.

First off, it is slow as hell. Ordering was much faster in RF apps. I hate how we dont do the inventory management guide or at least everything that is dated in the backroom. This way, we dont over or under order anything that is dated.

I like how it gives you a recommended order amount. That helps me out a lot. I also like the safe guard feature they have in place.

I like how I can check what our backroom amount is, what our forecast is and how i can order accurately off that information.

Question though, when something, like strawberries says their is a "forecast" of 20.5, does that mean we are "projected" to sell 20 and 1/2 cases in between orders or 20 and 1/2 each week? I think it is in between each order. If anyone can clarify, that would help me out a lot.

UGH I can't stand the new order application. It takes longer to order than when we used RF and still had bakery and dips to order. I don't feel like it is at all accurate, much like how even in the RF the forecasts were way off. I dislike very much that it makes you explain why you are ordering outside of the guardrails and then it still docks you on the food dashboard. For example, when St. Louis Ribs were on sale, my store was selling 7 cases a day. Now, I go and order on a Monday (we get one of our food trucks Monday overnight) so we have 15 cases on hand. Because, for whatever reason, it thinks the forecast is 0.2 cases it tells me not to order any ribs for our Wednesday truck. Same thing with strawberries and corn. The system just doesn't understand what real world sales my store does. I feel that if HQ is so concerned with letting stores order product that they have to instill a useless program that is slow and inaccurate they should just do the ordering for us and see how that works. Thankfully my CTL and ETL-food have enough faith in myself and the other PA to do an accurate order and say screw the guardrail percentage. Either that percentage goes up or we have no product and our instocks score goes down, and we were never ordering way too much that our QMOS was through the roof, or our receipt to sales was tanking (less the HQ push... ie clementines).

Screw the guardrail. We are ordering just as we always have. Numbers speak for themselves. I'll make an example of a broken ass metric.

I completely agree. I have been with in p fresh section since mine opened back in October 2010 (PA since February). I know what sells at my store. I know we need to have at least one back up case for each salad row. I know we sell strawberries like hot cakes. I will order based on what we have, what will sell and what will fill the floor in between orders.

Technically the app should get smarter and adjust. I figure a little human imput won't hurt a thing.

I would like to also add that it doubled the amount of time it takes to order. So slooooooooooow. Orders went from 15-20 mins to about 40 mins. It's not going to get any faster, Windows is running as fast as it can go.

So after using this now for a few weeks, I still dislike this application very much. Our order guardrail percentage is 80% but thankfully my CTL and ETL-Food don't care about that as long as we can speak to that should we get a visit. I really, really don't like how the program suggests you order so you have no product left before the next delivery. What are we supposed to do, have nothing on the floor the night before our FDC truck? And the whole data integrity only works if HQ can figure out how to count items that come in as bulk. Cucumbers continually have OH that are way off, as do single potatoes. And one last thing, it seems incredibly silly to guesstimate how much QMOS will happen. It is a completely random metric that is based on quality that will change on a day to day basis. I don't know if ALL the strawberries are good or bad until I work them to the floor. One week I may QMOS 50 or I may QMOS 150. Just my two cents after two weeks.

My store just launced PFresh 3 weeks ago. I never used the old ordering method but that being said I hate this application. It seemed very useful during training but the application in my own store is not favorable. The forecasts are ridiculously off (60 casepacks of blueberries...really?) and the on hands are back and forth from being spot-on to being WAAAY off. What sucks is our Produce cooler is really small so even when I do the order (I tend to order very restrictive) there is still a flat or pallet of product that has to sit in the cooler for a few days before it can be backstocked. Anyone have any ordering tips to minimize backstock yet prevent holes on the floor?

My store just launced PFresh 3 weeks ago. I never used the old ordering method but that being said I hate this application. It seemed very useful during training but the application in my own store is not favorable. The forecasts are ridiculously off (60 casepacks of blueberries...really?) and the on hands are back and forth from being spot-on to being WAAAY off. What sucks is our Produce cooler is really small so even when I do the order (I tend to order very restrictive) there is still a flat or pallet of product that has to sit in the cooler for a few days before it can be backstocked. Anyone have any ordering tips to minimize backstock yet prevent holes on the floor?

Onions, salad, and apples... my store orders way too many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back