Archived New Paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is somewhat off topic, but I’m kinda nervous now because I have two hardlines shifts on next week’s schedule. I haven’t had a HL shift in over a year maybe. I’m usually pricing or SL/FR. Not saying that HL is hard or anything. It’s kind of a nice variety, but I do know someone in HL is leaving. So I’m guessing it’s because they need someone to fill the hours? But I’m not as sure now after reading this threat. I just don’t want to be fully away from my pricing and SL families lol

Hardlines outside of electronics/beauty is not being considered a specialty position so it doesn't matter.

The STL said in no uncertain terms that nobody at all who currently makes above $11 will be getting a raise. Regardless of paygrade. Including TLs.

Interesting. They usually raise the tl base when they raise minimum wage but maybe even that is gone now.

When the minimum wage increased here, everyone automatically got an increase to the minimum, plus more if they were in certain areas: i.e. Cafe bump, SB bump, etc. as far as security, they were already making more than what is considered “specialty” at my house, but as far as getting the minimum wage increase, I don’t think so, I for sure as heck know I didn’t get that extra bump. IMO it seems pretty unfair if you bump everyone else up, leave those who are already at that pay rate alone, til another minimum increase let alone review season.

Plano, Signing and pricing is dropping to minimum wage. (Existing team members will be grandfathered in to keep their wage)

Cashier , hardlines and service desk are remaining minimum

Log and GSA are minimum plus 50 cents.

AA, Beauty, Cafe, Electronics and Starbucks, TPS. Are among those considered speciality - paygrade 35.

So everyone in cafe, Electronics, beauty and AA will get a raise not sure how much.

They are getting rid of VMTL (kind of) everyone from now on is a VM. They will no longer get senior TL pay they will get regular TL pay although they are eligible for experience pay.

Last edited:
No more brand team members.

$17.25/hr to hang clothes??? Damn, I'll go back to doing that sh*t, lol.

This all seems super complicated and confusing. Maybe that's the point, people won't complain when they can't even wrap their heads around how pay rates are calculated.

Instocks tms are to be rekeyed as hardlines.

Brand attendant is now cart attendant.

Fitting room and operator are not positions antmore. Everyone is now an AA TM

$17.25/hr to hang clothes??? Damn, I'll go back to doing that sh*t, lol.

This all seems super complicated and confusing. Maybe that's the point, people won't complain when they can't even wrap their heads around how pay rates are calculated.

The 17.25 max is through merit raises.

The one super positive change for existing team members is they raised the number where you max out your raise. For example at a 11 dollar an hour store minimum job you maxed out at 14.30 now the max is 16.50

Totally agree with your second point. amazing to me they are cutting Plano and signing. Super valuable team members, you can spot a store with a crappy Plano team from a mile away

Last edited:
Sounds like 50 cents.

They are calling it 1.50 but with the minimum wage increase its really 50 cents.

Sounds like very little to me. :(

I'm already $11.07 and ¢. 50 extra was what I already used to make before in Flow with the shift differential ($11.07 + ¢. 50 differential = $11.57)

Guess I'll see what yearly review will have for me...

Wasn't there a difference in paygrade between Consumables TM and PA/FA before, N07 vs N09? That was my understanding. I have a feeling we'll be hiring some new FAs, then...

Wasn't there a difference in paygrade between Consumables TM and PA/FA before, N07 vs N09? That was my understanding. I have a feeling we'll be hiring some new FAs, then...

Food assistant is no longer a position. Some stores still have one because they were grand fathered in.

This is how they offset the market raise from n3 to n7.

Every market team member in theory should be able to do the PA duties although we all know that isn't the case.

Bwahaha, they'll never let my team know that. I can't even imagine how utterly, utterly fucked the order would be if our more checked-out TMs had to do the PA duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back