Archived New Paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's an Open House TM?

I'm really pissed that Plano and Signing are lower pay grade than A&A TMs.

Like what the actual fuck? My A&A team can barely function on their own. They hang clothes. These idiots don't put up the signs, hell, I can barely get the A&A TLs to put their signs up. I know for a fact that the entire A&A team and VM team is incapable of changing the CSE. I know for a fact that they're incapable (A&A) or unwilling (VM) of putting up any overheads that we get. VMTL outright refuses to help with anything. Of course, she then proceeds to complain when the signs are in the wrong spot.

The TLs at my store don't order things. VMTL asks if I can do it. The sales floor TL in charge of electronics doesn't know how to. A&A TLs are barely functioning human beings. They all come to me.

Side note: I prefer that A&A TLs put their signage up so that they can plan their visual crap accordingly. I still change their CSE and anything that's particularly large.

A&A at my store pushes truck, does their adjacencies, zones, and reshops. They don't put their own signage up. They don't RFID, and it would be a miracle to get them to do price change. Fuck A&A. I know it's just my store but seriously fuck them.

I'm gonna start refusing to put their signage up now. Instead of just half-assing it because I don't know where it goes and their schedule of doing it, I'm going to just drop it in the fixture room.

Or throw it out. (Exceptions for CSE, overheads, and new brand stuff, of course)

Imagine how that interview is gonna go.

"Hey so you're gonna be the bitch of the store sound good?"

All my future Soft lines signing is going directly to the fitting room, either that or will go from my pallet to a tub, which is wearing a pull clip.

I am not stepping on carpet unless I am on a wave, doing CSE's. (Which means I will not be stepping on it, ever).

And when they ask for help it is under their hours, with their same pay grade.

There are a handful of rock stars on our A&A team. They are trained in the end2end process and deserve the increase. I have an issue with the rest of the TM's who come in, half-ass fold and hang clothes, and do their best to avoid the guests. They're the ones who will benefit the most from the pay increase, but don't deserve it.

Yea, I think most of my aa team deserves it, buuuut I still think target fucked some positions over with the pay grades.

Our signing tm brings signs to the fr all the time. I don't see why you wouldn't tbh.

No matter how difficult your job or how much work you do corporate is saying that lazy bum in AA, electronics and beauty brings in more money than you because they Sell, Sell, Sell!

Lol bullshit we have the top basket size in our group and it's still dropped 2 bucks since they started this

I can't imagine this will last that long, though. Look how long it took them to roll back on the excessive pay for VMTLs do what softlines TMs already did. Once they realize they won't get that high caliber of salespeople from this without offering commission, they'll be on to the next "focus".

As a Signing TM, the thought of 20 people waiting in line for my job is hilarious.
Our longtime signing TM moved away for his wife's job, and then we went through like 4 signing TMs in a year and a half before we found one that could handle it.

I can't imagine this will last that long, though. Look how long it took them to roll back on the excessive pay for VMTLs do what softlines TMs already did. Once they realize they won't get that high caliber of salespeople from this without offering commission, they'll be on to the next "focus".
Umm it took 2 years. That's kind of a long time.

Umm it took 2 years. That's kind of a long time.
True, but I feel like this is the kind of thing that'll take one Q4 to figure out if it attracts the kind of applicants they're looking for. If it does they'll keep on, if not they'll move on to their next idea.

PMT is like a leader position it’s not like they just hand that out
But it's still the less amount of leading, if anything it's not something you need to sit on th bench for. I have a background in maintenance and all I gotta do is throw some Target and backroom lingo in the interview

It IS something you’ve got to be on the bench for or interview like a team lead. It’s Sr. TL pay. If there’s an opening, go for it

No matter how difficult your job or how much work you do corporate is saying that lazy bum in AA, electronics and beauty brings in more money than you because they Sell, Sell, Sell!

My butt was able to merch and sell about 150 of the large cases of Gogo Squeeze over the weekend by moving it in the basket up front. Now THAT'S Selling at its finest :D

I am not AA, but I personally build my own displays (not POGs or endcaps provided by corporate) that sell down or out within days.

all.the.time.

Some in our store build displays that "look good" but they don't sell the product. WTF is the point? They should be highlighting product that sells....

What is a just in time tm?

It's a seasonal position that last for less than a month. They get very little training. Most stores use them as packers for SFS or on flow.

So I got confirmed word there will be four paygrades.

30 - Entry Level

35 - Speciality

40 - Team Lead

45 - Senior Team Lead and similar positions

They will also be changing how experience pay works for pg40 and pg45. I hear there will be a wider range of experience pay although Target will offset that by lowering the minimum experience pay they can offer.

Flow will be dropping to the minimum level. While AA and Beauty will become a speciality position rather than an entry level position.

I'll post more as I get more info

The official directive is that non speciality members will not be able to pick up speciality shifts anymore. So while an AA team member can pick up a cashier shift. They don't want cashier's picking up beauty and electronics shifts.

So where would a Perishables Assistant fall under these new pay grades? I'm currently ~.50 above base

So where would a Perishables Assistant fall under these new pay grades? I'm currently ~.50 above base
The PA name switched to FA (Food Assistant) at the beginning of the year. It's PG35, the same as regular Food TMs...

Its dropping to 50 cents, it used to be a whole 1.00 as an n9. Thats messed up your store only offered you 50 cents before the change.

Question. So I'm a vmtl. Has anyone heard what is going to change for me with the new paygrades? If "former vmtl" is now visual merchandiser, is that just a title change?

Also, with new paygrades. Anyone know the cap for team leads now? If I was at old vmtl pay, is it possible that now I will simply be capped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back