Archived New Paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't lose pay. You may be capped. For you, a title change. For many VMTLs, it will mostly be a title change. Most VMTLs don't really lead a team, hence the change,

Its dropping to 50 cents, it used to be a whole 1.00 as an n9. Thats messed up your store only offered you 50 cents before the change.

Well I got my raise literally last week so they probably just pre-empted the changes to the pay grades a bit.

Question. So I'm a vmtl. Has anyone heard what is going to change for me with the new paygrades? If "former vmtl" is now visual merchandiser, is that just a title change?

Also, with new paygrades. Anyone know the cap for team leads now? If I was at old vmtl pay, is it possible that now I will simply be capped?

Only thing changing for you guys is pay cap and you aren't a team leader anymore (cant write people up).

New vms won't get benefits in 90 days like a regular TL and start out at regular TL pay.

A&A is not just sorting reshop and zoning anymore. They do price change, push truck, set POGs and adjacencies, do research/RFID, and put up their own signing. I'm sorry if you don't think this is worth more than entry level, then you're crazy. I'm not saying other positions aren't worth more, but quit shitting on A&A.

Its very store to store. Some stores are not doing that, and so people are annoyed.

APTL in most stores means you're doing TPS, APS and ETL-AP work. Most APTLs I've known are lucky to have a full-time TPS and end up having to do the PI daily (kill me), work internals, deal with shortage, and try to find time to watch for externals. It's certainly worth putting at PG45, APTLs do far more work than your usual Senior, it just has never been worth it as it was nearly the same pay as APS.
I see them eventually eliminating APS and ETL AP from most stores. It will be APTL at most stores, with some getting TPS based on volume.

I see them eventually eliminating APS and ETL AP from most stores. It will be APTL at most stores, with some getting TPS based on volume.
ETL-AP for sure, maybe APS depending on market. I don't see much of a reason a store shouldn't get an APTL, APS, and TPS in bigger markets. APS is treated so weirdly as a semi-TL position, already, though.

PMT is like a leader position it’s not like they just hand that out

Yes there is a lot more to PMT to just maintenance anymore. There is a lot that many don’t see. They are under pressure from their business partners to know processes in addition to the work they do. Also store management expects quick results and sometimes it is impossible to restore those assets right away which can make the position difficult.

^ Our pmt has to be accountable for time spent down to the minute. For a non union company they like to parrot some of the practices.

Yes there is a lot more to PMT to just maintenance anymore. There is a lot that many don’t see. They are under pressure from their business partners to know processes in addition to the work they do. Also store management expects quick results and sometimes it is impossible to restore those assets right away which can make the position difficult.
I'd still rather deal with it than make minimum doing the same work as cashier's

Bring BR and dealing with timed process, heaving lifting, quotas like finishing a certain amount of BS I'm 99% sure I can do PMT

Our PMT just ran our trailer today. Unloaded the 2000 piece trailer, threw up all of market's beverage backstock, half the GM backstock. I love our Flow TL but our PMT has height, age, and stamina on his side.

Our PMT just ran our trailer today. Unloaded the 2000 piece trailer, threw up all of market's beverage backstock, half the GM backstock. I love our Flow TL but our PMT has height, age, and stamina on his side.

I tend to do store stuff as well even though my business partners would have a fit. I try to do what’s best for the store.

Also, with new paygrades. Anyone know the cap for team leads now? If I was at old vmtl pay, is it possible that now I will simply be capped?

I'm curious about this as well. When I interviewed a few weeks back I was told TL pay is between $14-24 while senior pay is $16-26.

So I was wondering how much more room as far as non exempt leadership can they hire in regards to org chart?

Its very store to store. Some stores are not doing that, and so people are annoyed.

My store wasn't doing it, but will be doing all that jazz soon. They had a meeting with the aa team to discuss the changes. I mean, I believe the raise is based on the idea of them taking on those responsibilities...

My whole store's gonna be angry once they find out all these paygrade details. So many people getting screwed over

Last edited:
My store wasn't doing it, but will be doing all that jazz soon. They had a meeting with the aa team to discuss the changes. I mean, I believe the raise is based on the idea of them taking on those responsibilities...

My whole store's gonna be angry once they find out all these paygrade details. So many people getting screwed over

The pay chart is supposed to be confidential.

They will never tell existing team members they are not getting a raise unless confronted. Generally they pull people who are getting a raise in.

They will never tell existing team members they are not getting a raise unless confronted. Generally they pull people who are getting a raise in.
How? We have a chart in tsc that shows available positions in the store with the pay grade code next to them. It's obvious who starts at what

Yeah and they give that job to the most lazy ETL in the building and when she starts calling in TM's who are not under her, it gets figured out real quick that she is calling one TM after another for two minute meetings. People are not stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back