Archived New Paygrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for being trendy and cute, if you think you are then you are. However, the NY fashion industry doesn't think so. There are a multibillion dollar industry.
When one of our house brands or in fact any brand actually sold all the time in our stores is mentioned in Elle or Cosmo without derision I will agree A&A deserves their raise.

As for being trendy and cute, if you think you are then you are. However, the NY fashion industry doesn't think so. There are a multibillion dollar industry.
When one of our house brands or in fact any brand actually sold all the time in our stores is mentioned in Elle or Cosmo without derision I will agree A&A deserves their raise.

Plus target clothes do not hold up. I bought a $40 pair of boots last year from Spot. First time I wore them and tied the laces the metal eyelet broke. Shirts and shorts I've bought either fray or come unstitched after a few washes.

Plus target clothes do not hold up. I bought a $40 pair of boots last year from Spot. First time I wore them and tied the laces the metal eyelet broke. Shirts and shorts I've bought either fray or come unstitched after a few washes.

That's kind of the point of Fast Fashion--wear it for a short time, then on to the next new thing.

I would assume there will still be reviews and raises, and I would assume that they will be prettty good. If they are going to get base to $15 by 2020, that would average $2 next year, and $2 in 2019. I would guess a review in April, followed by another base raise in Oct again to help with seasonal hiring.

Reviews and Merit raise will be moot for any minimum waged team member, as they will get the new bump to the next new minimum the following year. So by the end of 2020, you'll still be making minimum wage even if you began today, and be expected to train the new hire making the same as you.

Proof that tenure does not matter to this company.

Reviews and Merit raise will be moot for any minimum waged team member, as they will get the new bump to the next new minimum the following year. So by the end of 2020, you'll still be making minimum wage even if you began today, and be expected to train the new hire making the same as you.

I agree.

That depends...they could do the merit raises normally in April, and then the next minimum wage bump in October again. So people who have been there for more than a year would get higher raises than people who just started (since their raises are prorated) and you would be paid more for half the year.

But when faced with the choice of either making long-term TMs happy by spending billions more in raises, or saying fuck it and keeping them at the same as new hires...Corporate is obviously going to go for the cheapest way possible.

How will this affect Team Leads? I know last year when we got bumped to $10/hr base pay all leadership got a 75 cent boost. Will there be another boost before review time?

Reason I'm asking is because there are some people spreading rumors at my store that there's not going to be Raise/review next year.

No their will be a raise in April as usual.

In my area they do the base raises in February so when we went to a 15 min wage I still got my merit based raise after that. @SFSFun could be right they could do it in October which would mean some raises would be wiped out but as long as you're getting a raise I think that's something to celebrate

My prediction is 2018 - 12 dollar base

2019 - 13.50 base

2020 - 15 dollar base.

How will this affect Team Leads? I know last year when we got bumped to $10/hr base pay all leadership got a 75 cent boost. Will there be another boost before review time?

As posted above when they raise the tm base the tl base gets raised too. However if you have been a TL a long time and are well over the base you probably won't get anything

So hr has some of the most training, handles sensitive tm information all day long, schedules and pre screens candidates, is a contact to the legal department, Hewitt, payroll, HROC etc, owns training, Preplans and or writes the schedule, determines staffing needs, deals with tm issues and concerns, plans tm appreciation days, does most of the contact with the help desk for store issues, process all tm status changes, runs orientations, does the term paperwork and they are the same level as cart attendant.

Makes perfect sense

Last edited:
I really really really hope corporate is lurking in this thread and taking our comments and reactions into account. Since the paygrades haven't been rolled out changes can still be made.

It's never too late to do the right thing.

I really really really hope corporate is lurking in this thread and taking our comments and reactions into account. Since the paygrades haven't been rolled out changes can still be made.

It's my understanding that they read it. In fact have tried to get it the blog shut down.

If the guides are printed out its too late to change anything

So hr has some of the most training, handles sensitive tm information all day long, schedules and pre screens candidates, is a contact to the legal department, Hewitt, payroll, HROC etc, owns training, Preplans and or writes the schedule, determines staffing needs, deals with tm issues and concerns, plans tm appreciation days, does most of the contact with the help desk for store issues, process all tm status changes, runs orientations, does the term paperwork and they are the same level as cart attendant.

Makes perfect sense

Our HRTM does all but maybe two of the above.

She is literally the glue that holds the store together from so many aspects. She is like a mother to every TM. I dread the days she is on vacation or calls out sick. When the ETL-HR has to do the schedule all hell breaks out because of scheduling out of availability, scheduled during approved days off, etc.

To all you HRTMs who take good care of your TMs, a heartfelt thank you.

(Although, I realize this doesn't makeup for your being screwed with the new pay grade.)

Here's every position and what it pays
I dont get it. So reverse logistics/receiving team member is now getting paid starting off same as cashier? What does eligebible for job differntial mean? I make $12.35 does that mean as receiver, does that mean no base bump for me?

I dont get it. So reverse logistics/receiving team member is now getting paid starting off same as cashier? What does eligebible for job differntial mean? I make $12.35 does that mean as receiver, does that mean no base bump for me?

You won't get a bump, your position is being moved to the lowest in the store, the same pay grade as cashier and carts.

Makes perfect sense
Yeah I am little bitter as an HRTM :mad:. I also support other teams if they need help. Salesfloor has a lot of call outs? I will work Salesfloor. Cash office, GSA or service desk call out? I am doing it. I haven't had any training in the backroom so I can't help there but I would if I had training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back