MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

yeah I'm concerned with money laundering (which is an issue with any payment method I know) and also lookup with no receipt-- I hope that would be possible
thinking about this now. Target is totally on board with this idea. Payments that banks can't say "oops sorry!" They don't care where the money comes from lmao.

Post void of return - Available through the "Make it right return" override, TL+. Cannot be performed by regular TMs
I'm pretty sure this is just a "make it right" return reason. It does not actually void the original return. It just allows a second return with the receipt. You could really use any ID card or receipt and select any reason and it will do the same thing. Post void is only available for purchase transactions.

I'm pretty sure this is just a "make it right" return reason. It does not actually void the original return. It just allows a second return with the receipt. You could really use any ID card or receipt and select any reason and it will do the same thing. Post void is only available for purchase transactions.

Yeah, I know it's just a second return, and not an actual Post Void. It's just the option that corporate gives for the override, so it's close enough. It also doesn't go against their ID Limit so that makes it better than just doing a simple ID Return.

Also, on Workbench, it says that depending on how often certain Overrides are used, that it could lead to giving regular TMs the abilities to do Overrides again. TMs not being able to do Overrides is also the #1 non-SCO related complaint about New POS too. This makes sense for options like "Post void of return," “Gift registry limit reached,” or “System issue.” Personally, “Sale receipt expired” and “Non-receipted limit reached” can stay locked. I hope that those two are rarely being used, as they really shouldn't be IMO.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it's just a second return, and not an actual Post Void. It's just the option that corporate gives for the override, so it's close enough. It also doesn't go against their ID Limit so that makes it better than just doing a simple ID Return.

Also, on Workbench, it says that depending on how often certain Overrides are used, that it could lead to giving regular TMs the abilities to do Overrides again. TMs not being able to do Overrides is also the #1 non-SCO related complaint about New POS too. This makes sense for options like "Post void of return," “Gift registry limit reached,” or “System issue.” Personally, “Sale receipt expired” and “Non-receipted limit reached” can stay locked. I hope that those two are rarely being used, as they really shouldn't be IMO.
we need access levels again. someone hired yesterday should not be doing any kind of override. but someone hired 5 years ago should have some options

we need access levels again. someone hired yesterday should not be doing any kind of override. but someone hired 5 years ago should have some options

I would be inclined to agree with you, but Corporate dug themselves into a hole on that with Modernization and the "Guest Advocate" job. One of the points of Modernization was making sure that every Advocate was empowered to "Make it Right for the Guest" on their own, and treating every Advocate the same, hence the elimination of Cashier and Service Desk job titles, leaving them only for scheduling purposes, along with the elimination of GSAs, as every TM in the Front End is supposed to be the same. There's also the part of picking and choosing who gets what amongst those Overrides.

Modernization happened, they gotta stick by it. Either All TMs get Overrides or no TMs get Overrides. That's how it will be for sure. I can bet they're not gonna bring back POS statuses. Also remember, when Modernization first rolled out in mid-2019, Corporate instructed that EVERY Advocate was to receive K4 GSTL Status on Classic POS, or just POS, as it was then. This was their plan all along. I know not every store did this, but that was what was supposed to happen. (At least my store did. All of us up front had K4 GSTL.)

Quoting @starmaster1000 in the old thread, as they sum it up better than me:
"Stores would give it to “trusted” GAs (or all lol) but then it became a sh##show because only “favorites” had it or now the store had no control over who was doing what. Corporate wanted to “empower” all GAs and have all functions of POS to be based on your job title and no longer let the store pick “special” GAs emulate TL access."

"It gets messy when you have “the chosen few” though. In New POS, the idea was “empowerment” via software. ... It also levels the playing field. TMs are TMs."

"Again, messy. 'Mommy, why does Joey have a red fire truck and I only have a blue bunny?' The point of this was to disallow favorites and ensure your role’s access are given to everyone else in your same position. No equal-but-not-really situations. Target has to stand behind its Modernization debacle though. They did away with GSA officially and said all cashiers should be empowered (meaning 'don’t gotta ask for help, just do it') and only Leaders should be dealing with Karens."

I believe overrides should stay locked behind TL. Team members really shouldn’t be doing them unless absolutely necessary. And Ik that a lot of stores have GSA still but like it doesn’t exist. They pay the team leads more so if they have to come over then that’s why they get paid more.

I believe overrides should stay locked behind TL. Team members really shouldn’t be doing them unless absolutely necessary. And Ik that a lot of stores have GSA still but like it doesn’t exist. They pay the team leads more so if they have to come over then that’s why they get paid more.
huge ask but what would work for me is if I could request an override and a tl could approve it from their my device

huge ask but what would work for me is if I could request an override and a tl could approve it from their my device
I can never see this happening. Not only would they have to think of a way to have secure communication between the device and the POS but the devices also don't log out properly sometimes. The only easy way I can see this happening is if it shows up as a task through myDay? Even then every leader would just be too lazy to actually check if an override is necessary and just hit accept. Kinda brings us full circle.

they have this bc a SCO management app is in the works
what purpose would it serve?

The cameras on the SCO don't work so you can't verify that. Unlike everyone else our SCOs don't weigh the bagging area so no reason to remotely verify if something was suspicious.,

The only time someone would need to intervene is if you need to remove an item or edit its price of it.
Even then. how much faster would it be instead of just logging in normally.

There isn't much of a use for an application like this. Something that I would appreciate ALOT more is a simple. remote scanner app / integration.
On the side bar have a QR code and if scanned in the app or myDay any items scanned on the myDevice would add to the register

I think it would allow us to see what people are scanning and if it doesn't match (they have a giant vacuum but just scanned in a banana), we can remotely pause the transaction "a team member is coming to assist you"), like how Walmart does it

would just make it easier to have "eyes" on all 4 at once (and at some stores the SCO cameras do work IIRC)

I think it would be faster for fixing price/removing items since you're already logged in

they have a giant vacuum but just scanned in a banana
Yeah we’ve “sold” a few Bullseye’s Playground Dysons for $3 :p and the SCO attendant simply asked in those situations, “did you scan it in already?” and the Guest happily replies, “yes of course!” and removed the Spider Wrap. :rolleyes:

The size of the font of the running total on New POS is too small on SCO to effectively “guest service the guest” and monitor the transaction from behind.

would just make it easier to have "eyes" on all 4 at once (and at some stores the SCO cameras do work IIRC)
oh. my store is in a really new white neighborhood. Houses are like 600k min. the average house in my state is like 400-500k. Theft isn't the worst problem for us.

Not trying to say "this isn't useful to me so we shouldn't do it!" But integrating AP Cameras to all TMs can be a bad idea. Not even that but it can easily ruin the "Guest Experience". I just don't see something like this in Targets goals. Especially considering how they could have implemented cameras into the NEXT GEN SCO but they didn't.

Something I would LOVE is if there was a barcode/kinda hidden QR code on the SCO and if you scan it with a myDevice it logs you in to the register.

Also not even going to lie. Target got a little lazy with the store mode login. They really should have done it through the UI rather than load an entire new login window and reload the entire app.

Oh I dont think regular TMs will have access to cameras, I was just responding to say some stores AP do have SCO cameras they can access

yes. some stores ap can access them I believe
oh really? hm. in our store we got the NEXT GEN SCO and AP deadass told me they’re just for show haha.

Idk tho maybe they do work. would be very odd though. considering they need to connect to the main servers in the store. i doubt they’d work wirelessly. and you can’t share an ethernet port (unless the SCOs have a built in network switch) even then they’d have to make them PoE network switches. it’s a lot of stuff that I don’t think they’ll ever do.

If AP REALLY wanted to manage sco they would just add more ceiling cameras.

Last edited:
This makes sense for options like "Post void of return," “Gift registry limit reached,” or “System issue.” Personally, “Sale receipt expired” and “Non-receipted limit reached” can stay locked.
I still think not everyone should have overrides as there was a common price match scam after purchase. Classic requested an override code to prevent it bit everyone had access to that which is why it went through. The tm could use any return reason and it would go through.

I still think not everyone should have overrides as there was a common price match scam after purchase. Classic requested an override code to prevent it bit everyone had access to that which is why it went through. The tm could use any return reason and it would go through.
Yeah, luckily that stupid loophole was closed but you make a good point-- I think this is why levels of access makes sense.

Back