MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed today that sometimes when you do a return, it will pop up with “Checking if item is eligible for rewrap”. It takes a couple seconds to load, it kind of prolongs returns. Assuming this is a new feature.

Just noticed today that sometimes when you do a return, it will pop up with “Checking if item is eligible for rewrap”. It takes a couple seconds to load, it kind of prolongs returns. Assuming this is a new feature.
I'm interested to see where this goes. I hope they can also check if it's missed salvage

Not my image, but two long awaited things have been added to New POS for Service Desk.
B3E4AAAF-F8E8-4E15-8B93-A83617478007.jpeg

It’s about time Registry Returns have been added. Idk why that took so long. Don’t like how Refund Overrides are locked behind ETLs and above. Should be at least TL imo, if it has to be locked behind status. I HOPE it isn't ETL+ when Serial Number Overrides come, which they will come eventually.

Still on the way: Payment on Account, Fix it Wrong Payment, and more…

Not my image, but two long awaited things have been added to New POS for Service Desk.
View attachment 13274

It’s about time Registry Returns have been added. Idk why that took so long. Don’t like how Overrides are locked behind ETLs and above. Should be at least TL imo, if it has to be locked behind status.

Still on the way: Payment on Account, Fix it Wrong Payment, and more…
ooooooffff only etls? that’s really gonna shit on the guest experience.

imagine you need to override a return but there are no ETLs in the building 🥴. guests are gonna be pissed if they hear “yeah just come back tomorrow, then we can do it”

Exactly. If they have to lock it, as I said, it should be TL+, not ETL+. There's never not a TL of some kind in the building, and there is (for the most part, depending on the store,) a SETL in there every day during business hours.

albeit it would be more difficult on the new POS but there should be a “I as an ETL trust this person so they can do overrides on a, b, and c but not x, y z

like at the end of the day target isn’t gonna be bankrupt for accepting an old return but something that would hurt target is changing the payment method to something that’s not a merch card. give them certain permissions. kinda like a discord server you can assign certain roles and permissions as an administrator.

there should be a “I as an ETL trust this person so they can do overrides on a, b, and c but not x, y z
That was kinda what the K4 GSTL key did on Classic POS.

Anyone with K4 GSTL could elevate another TM to Supervisor and now they’d have Override powers.
Stores would give it to “trusted” GAs (or all lol) but then it became a sh##show because only “favorites” had it or now the store had no control over who was doing what.

Corporate wanted to “empower” all GAs and have all functions of POS to be based on your job title and no longer let the store pick “special” GAs emulate TL access.

In brief, New POS has exactly the power Corporate wants you having and no more.

We always referred to it as 239 because it was the extension & AP stressed that you NEVER announced cash office-related matters over the walkie except to request change for XXX register.
When Brinks (or whichever armored delivery) was here, it was announced using a benign code name to 239.
I’ve never heard it called 239. We have another nickname for it. We never say cash office.

albeit it would be more difficult on the new POS but there should be a “I as an ETL trust this person so they can do overrides on a, b, and c but not x, y z

like at the end of the day target isn’t gonna be bankrupt for accepting an old return but something that would hurt target is changing the payment method to something that’s not a merch card. give them certain permissions. kinda like a discord server you can assign certain roles and permissions as an administrator.
I really hope this gets implemented. Overrides were being given too freely but atleast let the TLs and maybe 2-3TMs have access when they aren’t there.

I really hope this gets implemented. Overrides were being given too freely but atleast let the TLs and maybe 2-3TMs have access when they aren’t there.
problem is the old POS would use a database to say “73929264 = SUPERVISOR” roughly that. but on the new POS it throws your number to workday and sees what your position is.

I think that if someone is legit functioning as a GSA in the absence of the SETL, then maybe they should have that ability too if SE-ETL gives approval.

It gets messy when you have “the chosen few” though.

In New POS, the idea was “empowerment” via software. Silly things that needed an override from a GSTL like reprinting a receipt, price matching over a certain percentage, an override code for returns that were gonna get approved anyway, New POS empowers Guest Advocates to make it right.

True “lol nah dude”-level things should be dealt with by actual Team Leaders and not stand-ins.
It also levels the playing field. TMs are TMs.

I think that if someone is legit functioning as a GSA in the absence of the SETL, then maybe they should have that ability too if SE-ETL gives approval.
But this is a post-Modernization POS.

Officially since no one should be acting as GSA, Corporate isn’t going to program “Junior TL”-type access.

Right. But we will see how long it lasts without any tweaks bc at my store there are no ETLs after 7 which leaves a good chunk of time without override power.

Anyone else have another POS at Service Desk update to New POS? Today and tomorrow are the days any stores with two or more registers on Classic POS we’re gonna update all but one, leaving every store with only one register on Classic POS. They updated #125 today leaving #124 the only one left on Classic for us. #122 got updated during the original rollout in Sep, and we don’t have a #123 or #126 anymore (as we were stupidly cut down to 3 registers) so they weren’t updated of course.

Also, today and tomorrow is the next wave of NCR SCOs updating to New POS as well. My store didn’t, but I know one store in my district got it in the last wave last week, and two others are getting it tomorrow. Might go check em out this weekend and see how it performs.

Also, today and tomorrow is the next wave of NCR SCOs updating to New POS as well. My store didn’t, but I know one store in my district got it in the last wave last week, and two others are getting it tomorrow. Might go check em out this weekend and see how it performs.
In the New POS SCO they got rid of the "Don't forget to grab your receipt. Thanks! see you again soon! which I do miss ngl but honestly. It gets guests out faster LOL.

In the New POS SCO they got rid of the "Don't forget to grab your receipt. Thanks! see you again soon! which I do miss ngl but honestly. It gets guests out faster LOL.

An iconic line, gone to time. I figured it would happen, but it’s unfortunate.

I’ve messed around with the SCO app a few times, so whenever we get the update, I feel like I’ll be ready.

An iconic line, gone to time. I figured it would happen, but it’s unfortunate.

I’ve messed around with the SCO app a few times, so whenever we get the update, I feel like I’ll be ready.
It is pretty intuitive honestly. The thing with the new SCO is literally just instore checkout but with a different UI (and of course with a lot more limits). When you swap into store mode (which takes an unholy amount of time to load by the way) it just swaps the UI back to instore checkout. If you've ever used the in-store checkout app, you are fully trained on the new SCO.

Officially since no one should be acting as GSA, Corporate isn’t going to program “Junior TL”-type access.

At my store we have about 4-5 different people who watch the front. Rather than have a supervisor role how about only ETLs could pick and choose what overrides to grant. For example, although I myself am a bad example of this let's say we have a new electronics TM, We don't need to give him override returns or overrides for payment methods, BUT it would make sense to give him overrides on serial numbers (of course after fully training him to make sure that its a break glass situation. Whoever (normally) watches the front should have most if not all of the overrides. If there is something that does make sense to limit is only ETLs could give these permissions out. Just because I am a "supervisor" shouldn't allow me to make everyone a supervisor. I was a "supervisor" while I was seasonal lmao.

pick and choose
Again, messy. “Mommy, why does Joey have a red fire truck and I only have a blue bunny?”
The point of this was to disallow favorites and ensure your role’s access are given to everyone else in your same position. No equal-but-not-really situations.

Whoever (normally) watches the front should have most if not all of the overrides
Target has to stand behind its Modernization debacle though. They did away with GSA officially and said all cashiers should be empowered (meaning “don’t gotta ask for help, just do it”) and only Leaders should be dealing with Karens.

I feel you. I am gonna miss my own K4 GSTL key and its powers but we all play for the same franchise.

Again, messy. “Mommy, why does Joey have a red fire truck and I only have a blue bunny?”
The point of this was to disallow favorites and ensure your role’s access are given to everyone else in your same position. No equal-but-not-really situations.

Target has to stand behind its Modernization debacle though. They did away with GSA officially and said all cashiers should be empowered (meaning “don’t gotta ask for help, just do it”) and only Leaders should be dealing with Karens.

I feel you. I am gonna miss my own K4 GSTL key and its powers but we all play for the same franchise.
yeahhhh i get it. Just kinda annoying, hope they make serial overrides universal. What are we gonna tell guests. I can't sell this to you? Or sell it to them as no barcode? Why are we taking 1 step forward 30 steps back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back