MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few more posts from Reddit. Love how it looks.

I really hope New POS SCO runs well on the NCR machines since the majority of us still have those. Getting it to work on the NCR machines is one of the reasons Classic hasn't been killed yet since eSCO is partially linked to Classic POS. Since I have no hope it will run well if they still use Windows 7, I really do hope that they get updated to Linux at the same time chain wide rollout of New POS for SCO on NCR machines happens.

Also @versiondefect, the TM who posted the first Reddit post I linked said in the comments of their post that they got rid of their old NCR machines during their remodel when they got NextGenSCO. If that store didn't have a mishmash of SCOs, I don't see why your's wouldn't. The original plan for NextGenSCO was to ad it amongst the NCR machines, but that seems to be no longer the case thank god.

We have those they are prettier than the old ones but, I prefer the old ones.

taking away #123 and #126, just leaving us with #122, #124, and #125.
No idea why in the remodel they reduced from 4 to 3 at guest service of all places. Not just that but with one less register means 1 less section of countertop space and it gets PACKED at times (especially Q4)

No idea why in the remodel they reduced from 4 to 3 at guest service of all places. Not just that but with one less register means 1 less section of countertop space and it gets PACKED at times (especially Q4)

Tell me about it. The lines are always long and there doesn't go a weekend without someone calling backup on the walkie or pressing the "ADDITIONAL CASHIERS TO GUEST SERVICES" button. And the smaller desk space makes it even worse with 3-5 people sometimes clumped around a desk, doing returns, on the phone, doing OPUs, DUs, taking the reshot behind the desk, etc... .
The Service Desk is a place where registers should not be taken away. All stores (imo) should have 4 or 5 registers at the Service Desk. I don't understand why the remodels this past year have been cutting them down to 3 registers. Unless they make Returnbusting for myCheckout (which might be a thing? possibly?), no store should be losing registers.

yep!!!!! this is easily the biggest failure from our remodel. we went from 5 registers to 3 at GS and it makes such a difference. registers crashing makes it so much worse too. even if all 5 registers weren’t constantly in use, it was nice that multiple people could hop on for back up and kill the line in a few minutes when a difficult return or very large, tedious return was being dealt with.

and it’s not even like the decrease in registers added any space. literally nothing was gained by taking them away.

Unless they make Returnbusting for myCheckout (which might be a thing? possibly?), no store should be losing registers.
I think this is going to be the case but the problem with this is some people might not remember if they used a card or cash so it can become more of a mess honestly. By saying myCheckout will replace the lost register that's just doing more steps for no real reason. That’s like one step forward 3 steps back if you ask me.

Also, I can’t speak for all new store remodels but they got rid of that little wall slab that you can put carts in for go-backs. In addition to this, they really don’t leave us much space for a salvage or CRC bin behind us. We have to put it in the back of GS. We got an unholy amount of OPU space. Right now we have about 4 1/2 isles of just OPU hold space which honestly is pretty good if you ask me but target expanded it into legit like 20+ isles. I don’t know exactly how many but it is ALOT.

Also Target devs are SUPER smart for swapping over to a web based register. Making a program in windows is a lot easier but you can put the web based register on anything! a myCheckout a windows machine. a linux machine. if the device drivers support it even a chrome book!

plus linux is ultra fast on low end hardware like NCR.

honest to god i don’t know what degenerate built our new self checkouts. half the things were unplugged. random silica packets in inconsistent places but was promised that it was tested before shipping? idrk but i don’t get paid enough to worry about those all day lmao.

Also something that may be really easy to implement target devs! swapping into store mode takes a really annoying amount of time and i bet that you’ve already optimized it to the best of your ability BUT something cool and theoretically easy to implement is when a TM needs to come and it’s on the “a team member is on their way!” screen, start to load the login screen on the background then once the TM arrives to the SCO and hits store mode just hide the SCO screen to the login screen. i know this would be a lot easier said than done lol but it’s something that would save a lot of time and it a target exec is reading this it would improve the guest experience ;)

I know I’ve been saying “The End Is Near” for a few weeks, but this time, for real, The End Is Near.
This coming week, every store will go to only having one register left on Classic POS. So if you have multiple registers at your Service Desk still on Classic POS, they will update besides one. At my store, they are updating #125 on Wednesday, leaving #124 the only one for us on Classic POS. And that just happens to be the one that crashes the most too.
If you already have one register left on Classic POS, nothing will change, but for those of us with two left on Classic POS, it will update to New POS on Wednesday or Thursday. And as mentioned before, Overrides, Payment on Account, and Registry Returns are on their way, but who knows anymore with how long it’s been. SCO still set to update for the NCR machines in Feb as far as I know.

SCO still set to update for the NCR machines in Feb as far as I know.
My store has the new SCOs setup and honestly, they're different. You lose a lot of the instability of eSCO but you also lose the speed of it too. Our SCOs are on Linux and they're alright (don't get me started on the cash boxes) but store mode takes a while to load. They do occasionally freeze up but honestly corner trick slaps that mf into place. Also, I assume everyone here knows the corner trick but it's good to mention it again.

On and of the new POS software you can tap the corners in the shape of a U (if you have the nice screens you need to be a bit precise about it) in the order of top left, bottom left, bottom right, then top right corners. From here you can do a fast restart or just restart the app itself. I went to a random store and I showed them this trick and they were SHOCKED.

My store has the new SCOs setup and honestly, they're different. You lose a lot of the instability of eSCO but you also lose the speed of it too. Our SCOs are on Linux and they're alright (don't get me started on the cash boxes) but store mode takes a while to load. They do occasionally freeze up but honestly corner trick slaps that mf into place. Also, I assume everyone here knows the corner trick but it's good to mention it again.

On and of the new POS software you can tap the corners in the shape of a U (if you have the nice screens you need to be a bit precise about it) in the order of top left, bottom left, bottom right, then top right corners. From here you can do a fast restart or just restart the app itself. I went to a random store and I showed them this trick and they were SHOCKED.
I love doing that corner trick on the registry computers.

We went from 4 to 3 with the remodel. We were really upset about it too, but we rarely used the 4th. We could certainly use 4 sometimes though.

I've tried this a handful of times. I have not gotten it to work yet. Thankfully our SCO has the old POS so restart app fast is an option in settings. I can not get this shit to happen on the checklanes.

I've tried this a handful of times. I have not gotten it to work yet. Thankfully our SCO has the old POS so restart app fast is an option in settings. I can not get this shit to happen on the checklanes.
do you have the really nice screen? if you have the reallly wide screens? we have the square screens. the wide screens are higher quality so you have to be really precise about the corners on the wide ones.

Too bad the son didn't come. You could have given him feedback.

I once had a guy come through my line. He paid with a redcard and then proceeded to tell me, that it was essentially his fault that target had that security breach because he either wrote the software, sold target the software, or was in charge of it somehow. He was telling me all about it. I wish I remembered more, but that was back when I was a new TM.

Thank you for calling it this. People at my store look at me weird for calling it 3239 or 239 and not "cash office"
What? . How do you announce that you’ve requested money? “Cash office to electronics?” that just sounds so wrong lmao. But why do you refer to it as 3239? I’ve never heard of that one before.

What? . How do you announce that you’ve requested money? “Cash office to electronics?” that just sounds so wrong lmao. But why do you refer to it as 3239? I’ve never heard of that one before.
So when we need change yeah we just say we requested change.
But when talking about closing registers I was always trained to refer to it as 3239.

It comes from the phone extension (all started with 3, which is where just 239 comes from for you) that was the phone in the cash office.

We always referred to it as 239 because it was the extension & AP stressed that you NEVER announced cash office-related matters over the walkie except to request change for XXX register.
When Brinks (or whichever armored delivery) was here, it was announced using a benign code name to 239.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back