MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently more stores are getting the “Wrong Price” option added for New POS Guest Services, allowing for Price Matches and Price Adjustments. Idk if this is chainwide or not as I saw someone else post about it somewhere else, and my store has had it for like three weeks already since we were piloting it. Still no word on Payment on Account, but considering that New POS gets chainwide updates every two weeks, along with the fact it’s been in pilot at some stores for three months already, I have a feeling that it will be added amongst a lot more stuff two weeks from now since Classic POS is (supposedly) gonna be dead before the end of this month.

I think wrong price is chainwide now. Works for redcard purchases and even online purchases! Sweet!

the adjustment is linked to the original receipt, meaning the guest can still use their original receipt to return after an adjustment and the system will know how much to refund!

Looks so much better than the NCR ones. I think ( and hope ) they just replace all of our SCOs because they’re adding 4 to both sides of the store. So it would look really stupid if 4 SCOs are NCR 4 are the new ones. It wouldn’t be on brand for target.

Counterpoint: Looking really stupid is often really on brand for Target.

Few more posts from Reddit. Love how it looks.

I really hope New POS SCO runs well on the NCR machines since the majority of us still have those. Getting it to work on the NCR machines is one of the reasons Classic hasn't been killed yet since eSCO is partially linked to Classic POS. Since I have no hope it will run well if they still use Windows 7, I really do hope that they get updated to Linux at the same time chain wide rollout of New POS for SCO on NCR machines happens.

Also @versiondefect, the TM who posted the first Reddit post I linked said in the comments of their post that they got rid of their old NCR machines during their remodel when they got NextGenSCO. If that store didn't have a mishmash of SCOs, I don't see why your's wouldn't. The original plan for NextGenSCO was to ad it amongst the NCR machines, but that seems to be no longer the case thank god.

Last edited:
If that store didn't have a mishmash of SCOs, I don't see why your's wouldn't. The original plan for NextGenSCO was to ad it amongst the NCR machines,
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I don't usually work SCO but I just know how poorly optimized it could be. Something about the target that I LOVE about their SCO is it's not NCRs built SCO (the one Walmart uses) AND the other SCO software found at places like Costco and Kroger. It really is so much more unique and just so good.

Something that Walmart did really well is their me@walmart app for their employees. You can check pay, scheduling, and use your phone as a scanner. Another thing that would be SUPPPPPEEERRR simple to do is to send a notification to TMs when a new schedule is published.

The first wave of rollout for New POS on the NCR SCOs happens next week. We're in the endgame now people...

Also, the old SCO, the one that had the Store Mode that looked like Classic POS, is dead this week. Like 10 stores or something still had that version.

I honestly didn't think it would actually happen this month, I though for sure it would get delayed, knowing how the rollout for New POS everywhere has been since 2020.

The first wave of rollout for New POS on the NCR SCOs happens next week. We're in the endgame now people...

Also, the old SCO, the one that had the Store Mode that looked like Classic POS, is dead this week. Like 10 stores or something still had that version.

I honestly didn't think it would actually happen this month, I though for sure it would get delayed, knowing how the rollout for New POS everywhere has been since 2020.
RIP

Our SCO uses the older NCR stuff, it uses the new interface, but it's weird. The quick scan ID still needs to come from the old POS.

Our SCO uses the older NCR stuff, it uses the new interface, but it's weird. The quick scan ID still needs to come from the old POS.

That would be running on eSCO, the SCO POS that was introduced in 2020, which is a hybrid of Classic POS and New POS. Every store besides the minuscule amount on "Old Old SCO," and the stores that don't have NCR SCO machines runs off of that software. (Besides pilot stores.) But that's all gonna change next week with the first wave of updates.

Is yours an ATM SCO?
It has to be. All the NextGen SCO machines and Cash Drawer SCO machines are on New POS, which has it's own Speed ID. That TM's store does have to have NCR Machines.

Last edited:
That would be running on eSCO, the SCO POS that was introduced in 2020, which is a hybrid of Classic POS and New POS. Every store besides the minuscule amount on "Old Old SCO," and the stores that don't have NCR SCO machines runs off of that software. (Besides pilot stores.) But that's all gonna change next week with the first wave of updates.
Oh.... I work my first training shift on guest services over the next week - so... that'd be fun to run into issues with!

Update. New POS and Linux for ATM SCOs won’t be rolled out 100% until mid-February, according to Workbench. As I said a few days ago, the first wave of stores to update does take place next week tho.
And in that case, 100% of Service Desk registers won’t be updated until February either, since the current SCO software, eSCO, is linked to Classic POS through its login form. If they were to update it beforehand, it would be impossible to reauthorize TMs or make Speed IDs. Obligatory fuck NCR. If it wasn’t for their crappy hardware, we wouldn’t be in this mess.
One last thing. Overrides WILL be on New POS in some way or another. All I know is that Serial Number Overrides will be available. Idk what other overrides as Workbench only mentioned that one specifically by name but did mention Overrides in a general sense as well. I guess @Amanda Cantwell was right.

A few things. One, Payment on Account will be rolled out in waves to stores. Not all at once. This should start either this coming week or next week.
Two, Overrides SHOULD be coming this coming week. Same with Registry Returns.
Three, next week, all stores should be going down to one register on Classic POS for the purpose of Payment on Account and login creation/reauthorization for SCO. Once your store has all your SCOs updated and has received Payment on Account, your last Classic POS register at Guest Services will be updated to New POS.

Keep in mind this will all be happening over the course of this month and possibly into next month. The end is here for Classic POS. RIP soon, 199?-2022.

Last edited:
Keep in mind this will all be happening over the course of this month and possibly into next month. The end is here for Classic POS. RIP soon, 199?-2022.
Jeez was that software really the same as the 90s? Yikes. I THINK maybe the reason the GS service registers are on Windows is because the printers paired to the registers don’t remain after login. My Linux ones at Electronics didn’t but the GS ones did. Of course they’re gonna fix that but it’s just a bit annoying considering how much of a night and day difference it is between windows and Linux with the new POS software. Glad they finished up with Fix It now. Supppeerrrr helpful.

We still don’t have fix a mistake wrong payment and you can’t post void return receipts. The latter is a huge issue and needs to be fixed before old pos goes away

One thing I hope they add on new pos is missed circle. Guest forgot to add offer or scan wallet, just let me scan wallet again and have it auto calculate all the discounts missed and refund them
Idk this should not be on transaction level only item level. Since circle should not be able to be applied to past transactions. It should be reserved for when they did use circle for one reason or another one offer didn’t go through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back