MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if everything goes according to plan, all Guest Service and Self Checkouts should update to New POS in just a few weeks, and Classic POS will be dead. Damn, it feels weird that it’s almost here. Less than a month y'all, we’re in the home stretch…

Well, if everything goes according to plan, all Guest Service and Self Checkouts should update to New POS in just a few weeks, and Classic POS will be dead. Damn, it feels weird that it’s almost here. Less than a month y'all, we’re in the home stretch…
edit: the no really was like like me agreeing with you in how it’s bizzare. It read weird once I posted it lmao

No really. Honestly. I like the new registers more than the old one. They just gotta get some of the shortcuts and overrides in and I think it should be a lot better honestly

I really like how simple the UI is. Separate apps are good when done correctly…. Some things should be combined though. Banking should be native in all register apps (SB, in store checkout, SCO, food service, etc) aswell as inquiry. Also is requisition ever going to the new POS?

also this has more to do with myDay integration with the registers but I said before that there should be different sounds per different request. 239 requests should be different than the I need help button and even the 1000+ gift card limit should make an urgent sound like a service hub call button. Just so you can know oh shit I need to read this. Same for fulfillment but that’s another fish to fry lmao. I think the fulfillment sounds should be the old 239 sound.

How about having a list of all the apps in the hamburger menu (side menu) of all apps thus allowing immediate switching to any app from any app? There really should be no need to go “home”.

Gatekeeper on new pos? Don’t see how it would make a difference authentication-wise. It’d just be launcher the other app directly instead off from the “home” screen app.
OH I thought this was the myDay thread. Oops. I feel like it’s a bit too spread like if I’m working at GS I shouldn’t need to swap apps just to return and repurchase something. Starbucks is a GREAT example. It’s the in store checkout but with a few more bells and whistles. Guest Services should be the same way. Also just get rid of inquiry and put it in the in store checkout and GS and food. Same for banking. No need for a whole separate app honestly and these are SUPPPPEEERRR light weight apps with not much purpose honestly so there shouldn’t be any kind of reduced performance if they were included.

also why isn’t guest service on the Linux registers. Especially in Q4!

How about having a list of all the apps in the hamburger menu (side menu) of all apps thus allowing immediate switching to any app from any app? There really should be no need to go “home”.

At least have the important ones per area.

One of our GS registers is on linux, I'm guessing. I hit the home button and then the instore checkout and my jaw hit the useless keyboard (rip) because it was soooooo fast.

I learned something new the other day. Optical doesn't have the same capabilities in the GS app as we do. I was there trying to help them with a return. They were having that glitch where it refunds the wrong amount. They could not make the gift card there, under their numbers.

I had a cool idea. Instead of useless Speed IDs, why not make it so we can just scan a barcode on the register screen with the myDevice in myDay and it logs into the register.
Had a similar idea. Pair your device with the register as a portable scanner. Lord knows how annoying tv serials are. Don’t think this would happen just because of how much coding would go into something that power users
Only use.

I’ll be damned! Saw this on the target Reddit.
I’m actually the one who posted that on Reddit. It’s not what you think. That screen only shows up if the card reader is frozen/not working. If the card reader functions, then the guest has to do it themselves. That’s what I said in the comments after I posted it. 22111787-B7AE-4B52-B7F4-2D01857A3B4B.jpeg
Also, we’re in the final few weeks of Classic POS existing. Unless corporate bungles it again, it will be gone in like 3 weeks-ish.

I’m actually the one who posted that on Reddit. It’s not what you think. That screen only shows up if the card reader is frozen/not working. If the card reader functions, then the guest has to do it themselves. That’s what I said in the comments after I posted it. View attachment 13221
Also, we’re in the final few weeks of Classic POS existing. Unless corporate bungles it again, it will be gone in like 3 weeks-ish.
Do they have payment on account working on new pos?

Do they have payment on account working on new pos?

Payment on Account has been completed, and been in pilot testing at stores since October apparently. And also, Fix it Wrong Price is completed as well, and is in pilot testing in stores as well, including where I work at, and may I say, it is a godsend to be able to price match and price adjust again. And it even works with RedCards too, unlike Classic POS.

Keep in mind that there hasn't been any chain wide updates since October when they added multi-receipt card returns since corporate didn't want anything to go wrong during the Holiday season. The New POS team has been (supposedly, who knows) working hard the past months on getting everything completed and added for January, including more widespread rollout for New POS for SCO.

Last edited:
I’m actually the one who posted that on Reddit. It’s not what you think. That screen only shows up if the card reader is frozen/not working. If the card reader functions, then the guest has to do it themselves. That’s what I said in the comments after I posted it.
They’re working on making it happen every time not just when the card reader is frozen

They’re working on making it happen every time not just when the card reader is frozen
In that case...

like-target-mascot.gif

Thank god!

Reactions: DBZ
My S&E TL told me that he thinks that they aren’t gonna implement overrides. How true do we think this is gonna be.

My S&E TL told me that he thinks that they aren’t gonna implement overrides. How true do we think this is gonna be.
False. But not in the way we're used to. There will essentially be a separate override screen for overrides-- it will not be a part of the regular return flow like it is on old pos. question is who will have access to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back