MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

We just got new registers about a month ago. They kept the keyboards. The tech said they might work one day, under some circumstance. He also said that target is cheap and doesn't like to throw things away. He is not wrong.

I don't know if you checked recently but they overhauled the myCheckout. I don't know if it just a skin over what they had previously, but it's different.
considering anything with anything POS related they usually rebuild from the ground up i’d be surprised if they just reskinned it.

plus it would make sense to make APIs to allow the new POS to use it too.
They kept the keyboards. The tech said they might work one day, under some circumstance.
i was hopeful too. until i tried to picture how keyboard integration would work. and it’s just not possible with the way it’s designed now.

Only issue with no keyboard was typing your pin and people watching. now with scan to login that problem doesn’t exist. Plus, the touch screen really isn’t that bad lol. we tossed all our keyboards.

First time you sign into each register that day you should have to accept a pop-up that says are you sure you're signing into a register. I can already see people taking a picture of the Pharmacy barcode and going "can you see if you have this in stock?"

I can already see people taking a picture of the Pharmacy barcode and going "can you see if you have this in stock?"
No shot the Pharmacy POS systems have scan to login. They don't even have myDevices.

Even then, Your device says "Logged into the POS" So You KNOW they're asking for that.

Last edited:
I love the zebra scan to log in. The little green banner that says "logged into POS" happens way to quickly. You would totally miss it, if you weren't staring at your screen.

personally, i think if i scan something for a guest and i see “Successfully logged into POS” instead of an item? yeah no.

No shot the Pharmacy POS systems have scan to login. They don't even have myDevices.

Even then, Your device says "Logged into the POS" So You KNOW they're asking for that.
Pharmacy registers are identical software as the rest of the store's registers. I would be incredibly surprised if they didn't have the capability.

So I found a bug that literally maybe 3 other people would notice.
When you're inStoreCheckout mode and hit the hamburger menu on the right side. On the top, it should say your store name. For my store, it shows the old name of our store. I always wondered why it never said our store name properly I JUST found out we were a renamed store.

Also another bug I found that would take a millisecond to fix is that the scan to login things, it doesn't show your preferred name. It shows your legal name.

New POS is basically finished but these are the things I really want now
- Exchanges
- Audio Cues
- faster app switching / add more shortcuts
Speed ID's also show legal name, they always have.

Is anyone else having a bug where you do a "wrong price" adjustment from the app? Several times now, I'll do the wrong price and click price match target. Then I click gift card because that is what the guest wants. It causes the register to get stuck on loading

I've not had to be on a lane until recently. Mostly worked at GAC, but the new system is so goofy. Man, that protection plan slows things down a lot!

Back