MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

Speaking of CVS how does it work? Does CVS use our POS or theirs?
If ours do we get a % of the sale back or not?
If theirs how do sales work for Target items?

Speaking of CVS how does it work? Does CVS use our POS or theirs?
If ours do we get a % of the sale back or not?
If theirs how do sales work for Target items?
CVS uses their POS for all healthcare data (like prescription info, insurance, etc.) and only use our Target POS to collect payment (even $0.00).

Their own POS screen generates a barcode that sends over the amount to charge to our POS and then we collect the payment from the Guest.

I don't know the financials on how we make money off of them and them off of us, but I believe they pay rent to us plus a commission on overall sales. They make money from us by being there as a convenience I guess.

To your last question, their Target POS registers can ring up items like all others, so they can check you out if they want to help you out with one or two items (except alcohol - that won't work there).

Not sure how other stores are, but our CVS gates close behind the registers.
I have seen both. Some stores, the registers are outside the pharmacy gates (so the GSA when that was a thing banks the register for them at night) and some are behind the gates (so the pharmacy techs remove the money at night and drop it off through the dropbox at 239, kind of like Optical does).

To your last question, their Target POS registers can ring up items like all others, so they can check you out if they want to help you out with one or two items (except alcohol - that won't work there).
I don’t know if it’s a store/region thing but some time last year we put a full stop to the Pharmacy ringing any items owned by Target on their registers. Nothing OTC or anything else in the store. A sign was posted and the pharmacist was told that all Target items must go through our checklanes.

I don’t know if it’s a store/region thing but some time last year we put a full stop to the Pharmacy ringing any items owned by Target on their registers. Nothing OTC or anything else in the store. A sign was posted and the pharmacist was told that all Target items must go through our checklanes.
Anytime I'm near the pharmacy I hear the techs telling guests they can't ring up other items and they'll have to go up front. So not just your store.

They make money from us by being there as a convenience I guess.
I know this is the case for Optical but I know that guests that have a lot of money are usually the ones who come to our Optical.
POS refuses to sell Target gift cards after 10:00 PM now lol
I can see why they'd do this but this I hope that this doesn't include gift card promos. Like, spend 50 get $15GC. Would be a pain for some of my stores overnight workers.

You ask me it should lock cash payment at 10. But card should work.
don’t know if it’s a store/region thing but some time last year we put a full stop to the Pharmacy ringing any items owned by Target on their registers
If this was a corp decision the POS wouldn't let you do it. If you can still ring stuff up probably a regional decision.

Anytime I'm near the pharmacy I hear the techs telling guests they can't ring up other items and they'll have to go up front. So not just your store.
If this was a corp decision the POS wouldn't let you do it. If you can still ring stuff up probably a regional decision.
It's probably done at the store or district level if it gets disruptive. There's a 500K+ view TikTok about a lady who "hacks" the "system" by taking items to Starbucks to ring up (admittedly she only had like 3), effectively cutting the big lines.

I also think since CVS employees are not our employees, they may feel a little more "in the right" to deny ridiculous requests to ring up baskets of crap, or else they'll come back next time expecting the same, and they're under no obligation to "Greet Understand Engage Solve Thank" and help the line cutter discover the joy of everyday life like we are.

When in the Guest Services app we should have the dates of the earliest an item could have been purchased from to do a return before scanning anything
90 days ago for regular
120 for RedCard
And scan for anything else to show the earliest date

It should also alert if the item needs to be exchanged or requires the recipient to be returned before you scan an ID. You would first scan the item to check

we should have the dates of the earliest an item could have been purchased from to do a return before scanning anything
90 days ago for regular
120 for RedCard
And scan for anything else to show the earliest date
Why?
Target wants you to "attempt every return." I scanned a receipt yesterday from October 19 and no Target Owned Brands items at all and she was returning a LEGO Star Wars set and the system allowed it. Wasn't paid with a RedCard either.

Just scan the receipt and go for it. If the system doesn't stop you, it's Gucci.

Why?
Target wants you to "attempt every return." I scanned a receipt yesterday from October 19 and no Target Owned Brands items at all and she was returning a LEGO Star Wars set and the system allowed it. Wasn't paid with a RedCard either.

Just scan the receipt and go for it. If the system doesn't stop you, it's Gucci.
POS approves returns based on a load of variables that are not publicized by HQ. Date of purchase is only one of many and returns that are expired can still be approved based off guest worthiness to Target and purchase and return habits.

POS approves returns based on a load of variables that are not publicized by HQ. Date of purchase is only one of many and returns that are expired can still be approved based off guest worthiness to Target and purchase and return habits.
Yup. And also the ID returns limit is not a hard limit. Hate when my Guest Service peeps tell Guests they only have $100 a year.
Just tell them the limit has been reached and keep it moving. "Next Guest!!"

Are you talking about the screen or the rest of the parts? If it’s just the screen they can just turn it off and possibly unplug it
The registers are not behind the gate at all. The gate comes down in front of the wall that separates the checkout counter from the pharmacy area. So the registers are still accessible if someone wanted to hop the counter.

The registers are not behind the gate at all. The gate comes down in front of the wall that separates the checkout counter from the pharmacy area. So the registers are still accessible if someone wanted to hop the counter.
Are you talking about the screen or the rest of the parts? If it’s just the screen they can just turn it off and possibly unplug it
So some stores have the metal shutters close the registers but from what i've seen most do NOT.

you COULD unplug the screen but like. thats a pretty easy fix for scammers and not the best solution, esp if you're a weird store like mine that doesn't have the elo screens. Scan to login has helped a TOn but my AP team and SE team were considering putting a mechanical timer plug / a smart plug on the unattended registers (Cafe and Pharmacy) but idk if thats best practice

mechanical timer plug / a smart plug on the unattended registers (Cafe and Pharmacy) but idk if thats best practice
Not at all a good, let alone a best, practice.

The registers get their updates overnight and this would cause hella problems with them.

Back