MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest thing that irritates me about the banking app/button is that the change requests don't always come through on my zebra. I'd say 90% of the time I don't get the request even though the TM put it in.
Honestly something that really irritates me about the banking app is the fact that it isn't integrated into the main checkout screen. Also absolutely hate how it isn't like the old system with the automatic change with the "Is this correct?" That is honestly so helpful.

Classic pos had many issues. Like a ton. But... it is lightning fast. You can hit a long complicated key sequence in rapid succession and it will execute all of it faithfully.

new pos it seems like anywhere it could be slow, it is. Login time, slow. App launch, slow. App switch, slow. Scanning an item, slow. Slow slow slow. GS will be a mess if they can’t speed it up.

I do not understand why fixing slow speed is not priority 1 for new pos. Like yeah new features are great but let’s get the old ones working just as well before we add...
Completely agree. I feel like the sequences can be learned to be touch screens however, I absolutely do not think that there should be a delay of scanning at GS and at Electronics. When checking people out in electronics literally just get all the barcodes facing towards me and just BAMBAMBAMBAM.

In the secret menu it shows the register CPU constantly at 70-80%. I wonder if that’s part of the reason it’s sluggish.
If you really think about it the old system probably was at a constant 80 ish percent. Switching between screens like total and back and stuff took a minute.

Thinking about it I don't really think the new registers are that much slower (processing-wise) I think once they fix the snail login it won't be too bad.

@HQWireless there is a bug in the new inquiry app that once you print out a gift card balance you cannot sign out unless you goto home. Also I had this very weird bug where I scanned a target wallet when it was on the total screen but they had a gift card offer and it just freaked out on me said payment was invalid told me to scan a gift card but then it went away before I could. Don’t really know how you could even replicate this.

Also I had this very weird bug where I scanned a target wallet when it was on the total screen but they had a gift card offer and it just freaked out on me said payment was invalid told me to scan a gift card but then it went away before I could. Don’t really know how you could even replicate this.
Had this one the other day. I backed out of payment screen and went back to pay, and it worked properly. Not sure if this part matters or is just superstition, but when I went back to the ringing screen I did an action of some sort, like starting a price edit and backing out, just for good measure. This has solved several bugs of this sort for me, but not all of them.

Ours are freezing up a lot. I’m trying the, tap the 4 corners thing and the, turn the monitor off and on thing. We’re having to move the guests to another register. I’m starting to think the registers know when a guest with a huge order has unloaded everything on the belt. Then it freezes.

Reactions: DBZ
Had this one the other day. I backed out of payment screen and went back to pay, and it worked properly. Not sure if this part matters or is just superstition, but when I went back to the ringing screen I did an action of some sort, like starting a price edit and backing out, just for good measure. This has solved several bugs of this sort for me, but not all of them.
The problem is he didn’t want a receipt so I clicked no receipt and that’s when the shit show happened so I didn’t even know if the payment went through. Plus it was a rush so it was fine.

Ours are freezing up a lot. I’m trying the, tap the 4 corners thing and the, turn the monitor off and on thing. We’re having to move the guests to another register. I’m starting to think the registers know when a guest with a huge order has unloaded everything on the belt. Then it freezes.
Thankfully we haven’t had any monitor problems.

Something I don't really understand is why everything in the new POS is so separate. Honestly, the only apps that should be on the home screen are the different departments that use a PoS like the Checkout app, Starbucks app, maybe electronics, GS, SCO, the pharmacy, and lastly Food Service. Things like banking, inquiry should just be on the menu on the right side.

Something I don't really understand is why everything in the new POS is so separate. Honestly, the only apps that should be on the home screen are the different departments that use a PoS like the Checkout app, Starbucks app, maybe electronics, GS, SCO, the pharmacy, and lastly Food Service. Things like banking, inquiry should just be on the menu on the right side.
This this this

omg, have you ever, accidentally, hit the self checkout app? What a friggin pain in the butt! What is that even there? They really need an are you sure button on that because it is hard to get out of.

omg, have you ever, accidentally, hit the self checkout app? What a friggin pain in the butt! What is that even there? They really need an are you sure button on that because it is hard to get out of.
its there because

1) eventually it will replace the current sco software
2) they are piloting checklane hardware and fixtures where regular registers can be turned around and become sco endpoints instead of calling for backup and such

its there because

1) eventually it will replace the current sco software
2) they are piloting checklane hardware and fixtures where regular registers can be turned around and become sco endpoints instead of calling for backup and such
I know for a fact 1. There was an OLD store I went to. Old as in the blue side signs were still blue and green side was still green, they also had the metal carts. Surprisingly when I looked at their SCO machines I thought it was the old system because at the time I was new at Target and unfamiliar with how SCO looks but when I needed to take an item off and a TM came I was shocked to see the new sign-on screen. Honestly, it looks so ugly compared to the old one. I wish SCO was a direct port to the new POS. My store is getting a FULL remodel. Like electronics is moving to the back, new registers, 8 more SCO machines. If it's old it's gone. I don't know if they're going to put the new system on the new SCO machines I hope not though.

Also, it is MUCH easier to just roll out a system that can adapt to whatever you need it to so when you update the Starbucks app you can just roll out one big update rather than update only the Starbucks machines which I assume is tedious to do since they most likely didn't have identifiers on machines before.

they are piloting checklane hardware and fixtures where regular registers can be turned around and become sco endpoints instead of calling for backup and such
I don't feel like that would be efficient honestly. I think guests would be a lot more comfortable just using SCO. Plus how would guests bag stuff. Plus since the lanes are more spread than SCO it would be TUFF to go from lane to lane trying to help a guest. Plus giving guests that close access to the registers is a TERRIBLE idea from any stand.

How does the K1 scan still work. Corporate fix this!

With this new POS rolling out onto service desk registers next month I can already imagine how many complaints I am going to get with this system being so restrictive. i cant even do a simple ID return on this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back