MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to override serial number like old POS had? Every so often there will be a TV with a destroyed label rendering the serial number unreadable. If not, what’s the best way to process it?
bring it to guest services. i wouldn’t sell it though

Is there a way to override serial number like old POS had? Every so often there will be a TV with a destroyed label rendering the serial number unreadable. If not, what’s the best way to process it?
For a tv I would not override the serial number!! When a guest returns a tv we have to make sure serial number on receipt matches the one on the tv, otherwise guests could return an old tv and get the money back for new one. If serial number label is damaged either open box scan number ontv or get another tv never override number.

Bring it to guest services they have the old system. They should add a bypass soon I would think. DO NOT mark it as a no barcode however.
You should never override serial number for tv! You could open box scan number on tv or get different tv.

For a tv I would not override the serial number!! When a guest returns a tv we have to make sure serial number on receipt matches the one on the tv, otherwise guests could return an old tv and get the money back for new one. If serial number label is damaged either open box scan number ontv or get another tv never override number.
ASANTS but my leadership would say to override. Honestly the chances of a guest that happens to get a tv that requires an override deciding to scam the store is relatively slim.

You should never override serial number for tv! You could open box scan number on tv or get different tv.

On the bigger TVs, you don't want to open the box until you are ready to set it up in your living room. Most people are not going to try to return an old tv in the new tv box.

You can’t always open someone’s $500+ item. It’s not their fault we messed up. We have the override option for that exact reason.
If you can’t open someone’s item then get another one. My store would never override for a $500 plus item. I know ASANTS.

No because it was convinced there was an activation code. If it was a serial you could but if the item had to be activate and it could then that would be a problem for things like gift cards. Guests wouldn’t use them so in this case, no there would not be an activation override

No because it was convinced there was an activation code. If it was a serial you could but if the item had to be activate and it could then that would be a problem for things like gift cards. Guests wouldn’t use them so in this case, no there would not be an activation override
im talking about TVs with serial numbers. Not gift cards with activation codes.

The fact that new POS doesn’t log out immediately (or within a very short time) after finishing a transaction is annoying in electronics. Have to remember to hit log out each time before leaving the boat. Also, why doesn’t the checkout app launch automatically when logging in? Is there a way to set it to do this?
Does your store have the new POS in electronics?

Yes both electronics registers have converted over to new POS. Worst part is how long it takes to wake the screen, login, and start the checkout app before scanning can begin.
Jesus really???

Ours still use the old system there is 0 reason for them to throw them in electronics yet considering the auto log out isn't and thing plus how long it takes to log in.

I'm really not supposed to either but when a pissy guest comes in for an item that was incorrect that I said was correct I just do the exchange in electronics and usually give them a discount because I was wrong and they're angry.

Best believe that I would throw a fit if they throw it into electronics in the condition that it is now.

I'm super surprised that your ETLs allowed it to even be installed.

Honestly, it is so surprising to me how they plan on moving everything into one app (myDay) which I can understand but why is everything in the registers separate??? There is no reason that price inquiry cannot be a shortcut on the Checkout screen PLUS the banking app I really do hope that they merge everything into one app instead of that little stupid home interface.

Do you think they're going to keep the keyboard at GS and or Electronics because of the serial numbers? Because if I have to enter a serial number on a DIGITAL screen on a DESKTOP computer I can confidently say EVERYONE will be irritated. Maybe if it ran Android rather than a literal Website it would have been a little better but nope!

Also, something that is in the myCheckout that I think would be great in the normal myDevices would be a way to check for different variants of an item like say a small of a shirt instead of the medium. There is already an API that does this in the myCheckout just port it over to myDay. No reason not to!

Something that I am thinking that would make a lot of sense between switching between "apps" on the registers is the ability to store pre-store them in the ram when you first login. An app like banking should just be stored in RAM so it's a quick and easy request when you've got a lineup the wazoo.

etls do not get to decide anything about software rollouts. only a small number of stores have new pos at electronics because it’s still in testing. it will not have keyboard support at electronics or guest services

etls do not get to decide anything about software rollouts. only a small number of stores have new pos at electronics because it’s still in testing. it will not have keyboard support at electronics or guest services
This is the type of thing that makes me so mad. Target has over 1,800 stores all which have keyboards. A keyboard costs a solid $5. The old system was touch screen but everybody used the keyboards. Now corporate why do you think everyone preferred the keyboard? Shit maybe because it’s 10 times faster. All the stores have keyboards and using the keyboards is so much faster than the touch screen why the hell would you get rid of them. Like what is going through their heads. Sometimes I wonder how people come up with these ideas. It wouldn’t be hard to add a setting that allowed you to use the keyboard. So stupid corporate.

Something that I am thinking that would make a lot of sense between switching between "apps" on the registers is the ability to store pre-store them in the ram when you first login. An app like banking should just be stored in RAM so it's a quick and easy request when you've got a lineup the wazoo.
I don’t understand the issue really.. banking app can be done when you don’t have a lot of guests in your line. Also the sidebar in the banking app has a instore checkout button that will switch you into instore checkout mode which is a bit quicker

I don’t understand the issue really.. banking app can be done when you don’t have a lot of guests in your line. Also the sidebar in the banking app has a instore checkout button that will switch you into instore checkout mode which is a bit quicker
Ummm, it takes forever, OLD POS we could request it quickly in between guests, now we have to give out 8 fives because we ran out of change and didn’t have time to request or add it in between guests on the Saturday Rush

While I do use that shortcut it is still pretty slow. Something else that I don't really understand why we don't get anymore is the adding money the "Is this correct?" It always was but with the new POS, you gotta know yourself.

This is the type of thing that makes me so mad. Target has over 1,800 stores all which have keyboards. A keyboard costs a solid $5. The old system was touch screen but everybody used the keyboards. Now corporate why do you think everyone preferred the keyboard? Shit maybe because it’s 10 times faster. All the stores have keyboards and using the keyboards is so much faster than the touch screen why the hell would you get rid of them. Like what is going through their heads. Sometimes I wonder how people come up with these ideas. It wouldn’t be hard to add a setting that allowed you to use the keyboard. So stupid corporate.
they will be removing the keyboards and moving to significantly smaller all-in-one hardware in the future; no more large register, everything in the monitor, no USB ports etc so no keyboard support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back