MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest thing that irritates me about the banking app/button is that the change requests don't always come through on my zebra. I'd say 90% of the time I don't get the request even though the TM put it in.

Something that I am thinking that would make a lot of sense between switching between "apps" on the registers is the ability to store pre-store them in the ram when you first login. An app like banking should just be stored in RAM so it's a quick and easy request when you've got a lineup the wazoo.

You'll probably have to ask for the change on the walkie anyway because the audible alert sounds like every other beep so no one ever realizes.

The biggest thing that irritates me about the banking app/button is that the change requests don't always come through on my zebra. I'd say 90% of the time I don't get the request even though the TM put it in.
I don’t recall but does the banking app show the registers that need change.. like for example when this rolls out to guest service can an SETL open the banking app on another register to see where change it needed or is it alerts only

they will be removing the keyboards and moving to significantly smaller all-in-one hardware in the future; no more large register, everything in the monitor, no USB ports etc so no keyboard support
That sucks idk why they wouldn't keep them at guest services. We literally need to use them to move fast.

You have to open myday and make sure you are signed in. If you restart your device you have to reopen myday to get the notifications. Its kinda stupid in my opinion.

You have to open myday and make sure you are signed in. If you restart your device you have to reopen myday to get the notifications. Its kinda stupid in my opinion.

everytime I log in, I’m automatically signed in though...with all the areas that I need already clicked.

I’ve heard they’re reconsidering the keyboard thing. Long term pos will be able to do online orders so keyboard will be much easier for entering address info. Also missing keyboard is apparently #1 feedback item
not sure how they plan to do that w/o reevaluating their hardware plans and there’s nothing in the deployment group about it... who knows tho

not sure how they plan to do that w/o reevaluating their hardware plans and there’s nothing in the deployment group about it... who knows tho
I feel like they acknowledge that the new POS is by many ways worse by functionality but I feel like they've poured too much money into it at this point and it's going to just become "Sorry about it"

I feel like they acknowledge that the new POS is by many ways worse by functionality but I feel like they've poured too much money into it at this point and it's going to just become "Sorry about it"
they absolutely don’t acknowledge this. it was an extremely necessary tech upgrade (classic is ~20 years old and broken), incident calls have dropped dramatically because the new software is more stable which means less downtime which means happier guests, etc

literally nothing is perfect, new pos included, but the idea that they somehow know that the product they pushed is bad is just untrue

Maybe if it ran Android rather than a literal Website it would have been a little better but nope!
It's not a website. New POS is still an app, albeit not a Windows software program. It runs inside of an emulator, if you would, which is a Windows program on the registers that used to have Classic POS (the old one).

But essentially the myCheckout is New POS on Android!:D They're the same thing.

they absolutely don’t acknowledge this. it was an extremely necessary tech upgrade (classic is ~20 years old and broken), incident calls have dropped dramatically because the new software is more stable which means less downtime which means happier guests, etc

literally nothing is perfect, new pos included, but the idea that they somehow know that the product they pushed is bad is just untrue
Well excluding external devices like card readers and printers what was so unstable about the old system? Personally the only time I’ve ever had a problem with it is sometimes it throws you in a loop when doing a return where you can’t go back but considering the GS app isn’t built yet I don’t think that’s valid.

It's not a website. New POS is still an app, albeit not a Windows software program. It runs inside of an emulator, if you would, which is a Windows program on the registers that used to have Classic POS (the old one).

But essentially the myCheckout is New POS on Android!:D They're the same thing.
Is it really? When paying there is a very small visual bug where when it goes “$20.77 Visa Successfully applied!” or what ever the scroll bar on the right goes up. To me it looks like a chromium scroll bar. I could totally be wrong here though. Also if it runs Android on a desktop grade CPU why is it still so damn slow!

Well excluding external devices like card readers and printers what was so unstable about the old system? Personally the only time I’ve ever had a problem with it is sometimes it throws you in a loop when doing a return where you can’t go back but considering the GS app isn’t built yet I don’t think that’s valid.
it crashed a lot. recovering from failstates took a really long time. adding new features was extremely difficult because the software was extremely old; look at how bad target circle was on classic vs positron (new pos). service calls related to issuing software rebuild requests (basically having CSC remotely reload the pos software) were surprisingly high, in the double digit percentages per week chainwide. just a couple of examples

it’s important to remember that just because your experience with classic might not have been awful doesn’t mean that that was true for everyone, and certainly wasn’t true on a statistical level when you’re at hq trying to figure out the future of target’s register platform

it crashed a lot. recovering from failstates took a really long time. adding new features was extremely difficult because the software was extremely old; look at how bad target circle was on classic vs positron (new pos). service calls related to issuing software rebuild requests (basically having CSC remotely reload the pos software) were surprisingly high, in the double digit percentages per week chainwide. just a couple of examples

it’s important to remember that just because your experience with classic might not have been awful doesn’t mean that that was true for everyone, and certainly wasn’t true on a statistical level when you’re at hq trying to figure out the future of target’s register platform
Classic pos had many issues. Like a ton. But... it is lightning fast. You can hit a long complicated key sequence in rapid succession and it will execute all of it faithfully.

new pos it seems like anywhere it could be slow, it is. Login time, slow. App launch, slow. App switch, slow. Scanning an item, slow. Slow slow slow. GS will be a mess if they can’t speed it up.

I do not understand why fixing slow speed is not priority 1 for new pos. Like yeah new features are great but let’s get the old ones working just as well before we add...

When the new POS gets pushed out to electronics I feel like there should be a lock function. 99/100 I am working alone in electronics and after every transaction, I get logged out which I understand. On the new POS if they do that I'd rather die. So I think a good alternative is to add a lock function to your account so instead of logging out when you walk away, you can just lock your account, and when you sign in again it's already at the checkout screen. No need for it to reload since it's already there. I feel like this is a completely do-able request.
I second this for Starbucks! People will walk away before they’ll wait the minute and a half when we have another Starbucks and Dunkin in the same parking lot...

That's fair I just haven't heard many complaints about the old one not working properly at my store I've only ever seen it crash once with a gift card problem at GS but if stats do say it's lower then target is going to pour 1000x more push for it.

Our registers are freezing up really often. It’s frustrating because they will work all day and then freeze. A short time later it will be working again.

call csc, but also turning the monitor off and on usually works and there’s also the quick software reboot by tapping the screen corners counter clockwise starting in the upper left

call csc, but also turning the monitor off and on usually works and there’s also the quick software reboot by tapping the screen corners counter clockwise starting in the upper left
Turning monitor off and on definitely does fix touchscreen not responding

Being able to escape a frozen or "loading" state with the 'U' tap is preferable to rebooting. One of very few things I prefer. I have no faith in this system. It's slow as hell and unforgivably incomplete. A joke for a company of this size. Did the project managers come from one of those schools that still do late night infomercials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back