MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean logging in is about 5x faster with a keyboard...
I personally don’t think it’s must faster to submit your login with a keyboard compared to touch. The thing that does that 30 years is the actual loading of the home section.

Same for PLU, no barcode dpci, entering receipt/guest id when it won’t scan
longer things like this I totally understand take much longer because I can type without looking on a keyboard rather than a touch screen. Plus GS and Electronics NEEDS a keyboard that’s not up for a debate serial numbers are essential to prevent fraud and sometimes you may need to legit enter the serial number because the barcode is damaged like on TVs.

while these few keyboard wants are extremely helpful I doubt target sees them as needs and just a new learning curve and it is much cheaper and simpler to import an on screen keyboard rather than add full blown keyboard support.

while these few keyboard wants are extremely helpful I doubt target sees them as needs and just a new learning curve and it is much cheaper and simpler to import an on screen keyboard rather than add full blown keyboard support.
All we need is the K buttons and the numbers for a plu. The keyboards are also crappy and probably only costed like $5 when bought in bulk. That 5$ is easily worth the speed everything can be done. Even if it was $20 it would still save enough time that it would be worth it.

All we need is the K buttons and the numbers for a plu. The keyboards are also crappy and probably only costed like $5 when bought in bulk. That 5$ is easily worth the speed everything can be done. Even if it was $20 it would still save enough time that it would be worth it.
Probably lees than 5 lol

It’s not about cost. They want to make pos as small as possible. Every inch that pos takes up is one less inch of selling space
^^^ if they want better looking and faster POS systems the best thing to do is to. Invest in a new ARM based smaller Linux based POS. Also a smaller sized keyboard with pushed up key caps with some Function keys like void and price inquiry aswell as shortcuts keys like cash being K1.

Now that is a the best POS system of all competitors by looks, Speed , and user usability.

wanna treat it like an iPhone? Go for it! You can only use touch. Wanna be a power user and memorize all the key binds login and use with a keyboard? By all means! That is what I hope and what I pray is the end

the external hardware vendor, they are the people who come to do physical maintenance/repairs when you call in hardware problems
Ohhhh okay cool. Considering they’re the vendor shouldn’t the conform to targets needs rather than the other way around? After all I get it if they say they don’t want to buy new keyboards but we still have 100s of em that we could use.

Just used Starbucks new pos for the first time (I hopped on over there)

omg it is a million times better. If the new pos team did anything right it’s Starbucks. Everything is in a category that makes sense and you can change sizes and add customizations so much easier.

and coming soon I heard it will generate the Starbucks shorthand and show it for each drink

Just used Starbucks new pos for the first time (I hopped on over there)

omg it is a million times better. If the new pos team did anything right it’s Starbucks. Everything is in a category that makes sense and you can change sizes and add customizations so much easier.

and coming soon I heard it will generate the Starbucks shorthand and show it for each drink
Someone at Starbucks threw up at my store and went home early for the day and they threw me there to cashier it is so simple it’s honestly comical. Everything had cute pictures and is labeled perfectly it’s great.

Someone at Starbucks threw up at my store and went home early for the day and they threw me there to cashier it is so simple it’s honestly comical. Everything had cute pictures and is labeled perfectly it’s great.

Cashiering isn't the problem.
Just wait till you try being a barista.
The steam burns alone put a whole new spin on the job.
Though I'm told Starbucks doesn't use the classic style machines, like I was trained on, so maybe there isn't the same pain as training issue.

Our convection oven has left me with a few souvenirs, thankyewverymuch :(

overrides are never needed
I don’t know what you mean by this, but at face value, it’s just not correct. Just today did a return on POS, froze mid transaction. Items marked as returned on the receipt, but refund wasn’t processed. Took guest to a new computer, and you’ll never guess what I needed to do! :)

overrides are needed. I believe that POS’s place should be to follow the policy to the letter. If I want to make it right and override, let me. But POS shouldn’t be so loosey goosey that new TMs are giving guests cash on a no reciept return for no reason.

I don’t know what you mean by this, but at face value, it’s just not correct. Just today did a return on POS, froze mid transaction. Items marked as returned on the receipt, but refund wasn’t processed. Took guest to a new computer, and you’ll never guess what I needed to do! :)

overrides are needed. I believe that POS’s place should be to follow the policy to the letter. If I want to make it right and override, let me. But POS shouldn’t be so loosey goosey that new TMs are giving guests cash on a no reciept return for no reason.
Could’ve just done the return on the new POS. The new system has a few new features. If the return crashes on the total screen you can still do the return on the new system. It can also do same day returns at your store and other stores and put it back on the original payment method with discounts removed!

Reactions: DBZ
Could’ve just done the return on the new POS. The new system has a few new features. If the return crashes on the total screen you can still do the return on the new system. It can also do same day returns at your store and other stores and put it back on the original payment method with discounts removed!
Nice, thanks for the tip! My store has a super weird layout though where GS is not super close to the lanes though so it would’ve been inconvenient to bring the guest there.

I knew about same day diff stores finally working which is awesome after all these years to not get yelled at by guests

I wonder how this will work. New pos doesn’t have different access levels, so will everyone just be able to override everything? Serial numbers is one thing but new TMs should not be override refund methods without approval
As long as Team Members are trained what and when to override or not will help. When Walmart did it's "Great Workplace" transition, All Cashier's "security level" (Level of access on the register) was bumped up to Customer Service Manager (CSM) and all Academy Trainers and Team Leads where bumped up to Salaried Manager level (literally called 'Manager') and Sales Floor Team Associates got access to basic overrides on the generic "Associate" Level and so far it hasn't become a disgusting override tire fire that AP was afraid it was going to become, and it makes it easier on me, because as the closing Manager Up Front who is 99% of the time running the front on my own, I can't get to everyone who needs an override and I can trust my Cashiers to make the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back