MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as Team Members are trained what and when to override or not will help. When Walmart did it's "Great Workplace" transition, All Cashier's "security level" (Level of access on the register) was bumped up to Customer Service Manager (CSM) and all Academy Trainers and Team Leads where bumped up to Salaried Manager level (literally called 'Manager') and Sales Floor Team Associates got access to basic overrides on the generic "Associate" Level and so far it hasn't become a disgusting override tire fire that AP was afraid it was going to become, and it makes it easier on me, because as the closing Manager Up Front who is 99% of the time running the front on my own, I can't get to everyone who needs an override and I can trust my Cashiers to make the right call.
All good points. I think 99% of refund overrides wouldn’t be needed if A) POS was more stable and didn’t crash or glitch on recommended refund and B) we could choose a custom amount of the refund to go onto a GC rather than all or nothing

I don’t know what you mean by this, but at face value, it’s just not correct. Just today did a return on POS, froze mid transaction. Items marked as returned on the receipt, but refund wasn’t processed. Took guest to a new computer, and you’ll never guess what I needed to do! :)

overrides are needed. I believe that POS’s place should be to follow the policy to the letter. If I want to make it right and override, let me. But POS shouldn’t be so loosey goosey that new TMs are giving guests cash on a no reciept return for no reason.
im talking about on a principle basis. obviously classic has overrides but new pos won't so, no need

Does new POS have the ability yet to do even exchange or “sell items” like old pos when doing a return?

Does new POS have the ability yet to do even exchange or “sell items” like old pos when doing a return?
Not yet AFAIK but they need to add that and they need to fix the long standing issue of not being able to do it with redcard purchases

I do think that how the new system handles overrides (including price change) is done very well albeit annoying at first.

I just came to target last year during Christmas times and after they made sure I fully understood how to price match on my first day. Once they realized that I am solid and I knew what requisitioning is so on and so on they made a supervisor on the old POS I was a supervisor while I was seasonal LOL.

Taking a step back the old POS was too All in one while it was a fast all in one it was too much. I feel like the new POS (excluding login) is actually faster than the old system for checkout especially the machines that run Linux.

I just really wish they got rid of the delay on the hand scanner in electronics and GS

I just came to target last year during Christmas times and after they made sure I fully understood how to price match on my first day. Once they realized that I am solid and I knew what requisitioning is so on and so on they made a supervisor on the old POS I was a supervisor while I was seasonal LOL.

We gave most of the cashiers supervisor numbers at Xmas time. At least one of the SETLs was giving the cashiers GSTL numbers when they trained

Is the backup cashiers button on the register still a thing? I used to push the shit out of that button lmao.

We gave most of the cashiers supervisor numbers at Xmas time. At least one of the SETLs was giving the cashiers GSTL numbers when they trained
The reason they gave it to me was because this woman wanted 3 fitbits all pice matched and the price match wanted a supervisor. She wanted it on 3 separate transactions and she paid in cash too so once i called them over she was taking so long that he just logged in on the other register and said “put your number in” . My store seems to have calmed down on who gets supervisor perms and who doesn’t. It tools one of my electronics co workers like a year lol.

help menu -> more cashiers or whatever
That shit is useless. One time my lane light was broken and I needed something so I used the I need help button and then the front of store manager came up with “what 239 do you need?” I’m like I need alcohol.

no one at my store uses that button and the only time their devices chime is for 239 and drive up. I’m sticking with that button is useless. Unless it actually says on the radio “Additional Cashiers to Electronics.” Or “… to the front lanes”.

When the new POS gets pushed out to electronics I feel like there should be a lock function. 99/100 I am working alone in electronics and after every transaction, I get logged out which I understand. On the new POS if they do that I'd rather die. So I think a good alternative is to add a lock function to your account so instead of logging out when you walk away, you can just lock your account, and when you sign in again it's already at the checkout screen. No need for it to reload since it's already there. I feel like this is a completely do-able request.
my old job had this - you just had to type in your password and hit a specific order of buttons to log back in

The reason they gave it to me was because this woman wanted 3 fitbits all pice matched and the price match wanted a supervisor. She wanted it on 3 separate transactions and she paid in cash too so once i called them over she was taking so long that he just logged in on the other register and said “put your number in” . My store seems to have calmed down on who gets supervisor perms and who doesn’t. It tools one of my electronics co workers like a year lol.
Were you at the desk and was it like a price adjustment or were they just purchasing them?

Were you at the desk and was it like a price adjustment or were they just purchasing them?
I think she was just getting them for different people and wanted the receipts separate. I think she paid cash? I would have known if it was fake money by now.

Something that just crossed my mind is the distribution stickers. The new register should be able to read them when we scan them. If the devices can do it why can’t the POS?

Something that just crossed my mind is the distribution stickers. The new register should be able to read them when we scan them. If the devices can do it why can’t the POS?

because they are easy to pull on and off and were being used to ticket switch

Also another thing to think about…why does the grocery items have to be a code that team members have to input while at sco we can and guests can just select it? Doesn’t actually make sense at all. Even the mycheckouts don’t require the code so why is it still like that on the new pos 🤷

Also another thing to think about…why does the grocery items have to be a code that team members have to input while at sco we can and guests can just select it? Doesn’t actually make sense at all. Even the mycheckouts don’t require the code so why is it still like that on the new pos 🤷
Completely agree new pos should have icons like sco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back