MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have one classic POS register at GS now and yesterday it crashed and reboot-cycled for about an hour before it came back up. Of course during that time is the only time someone with a bill payment showed up, and there were multiple of them.

meh, if there’s a line bc people are waiting to pay their bill there’s not a whole lot i can do about it and my etl and sd both know this.

sanity is important.

We only have one classic POS register at GS now and yesterday it crashed and reboot-cycled for about an hour before it came back up. Of course during that time is the only time someone with a bill payment showed up, and there were multiple of them.
On the bright side, this kind of issue is near impossible to happen on the new POS!

How many registers do you have? Most stores have 4-5 registers at guest services. We have 2 on the old system. If your ETL approves you can call the help desk and request for a register to be switched to the old system.
We have 4 and are about to start remodeling very soon. I’ll see if my etl can switch one tho.

rain checks were a compliance feature, not just a nice-to-have. grocery retailers (which includes target) are legally required to offer rain checks on food items.

i mean if your volume is so high that you need another classic register, a leader can just call the CSC and get one switched back…. it’s really not that big of a deal
Yeah this is the way to go. Noob TL me, I had one of ours reverted. My TL partner, much wiser to the ways of Target, made them revert a second one. This has saved our butts at GS.

If you're remodeling your GS they're gonna cut it to 3. We're one of the busiest stores and they cut one of our registers lol.
Having only 3 GS registers sucks already. During the holidays last year we had 5 rocking nonstop for days, with a line behind each one. Gonna be fun! And I feel as if return volume is increasing steadily.

Having only 3 GS registers sucks already. During the holidays last year we had 5 rocking nonstop for days, with a line behind each one. Gonna be fun! And I feel as if return volume is increasing steadily.
I don't really understand why they're cutting down the registers? Like I get how Target is going for the whole less is more kinda thing especially with the new beauty and electronics 2.0 remodels but reducing a GS register just has bad idea written all over it honestly. Like honestly I really don't see a benefit to doing it. Especially when you have the space for them. We are the biggest store in our state (not a super tho) if anything we should be adding registers not removing them. I don't get paid the salary to think about these. If we designed these stores they would look ALOT different. I'm looking at you electronics 2.0 boat.

if yours dont work you should have them repaired imo. i normally have 7, two dont work, they are out for repair

Biggest weakness with myCheckout devices is the bluetooth connection to the verifone. If that was hardwired in they would be MUCH more reliable. That and the glitchy zebra printers for receipts.

I don’t really like mycheckouts very much. I feel like people prefer big physical registers. If target wants to reduce just get an AIO Register where all there is is the screen and the till.

a feature that I would LOVE is if you can pair a mydevice to a register to where you can use the device as a portable scanner.

Shop and scan (Meijer) is my choice. Use my phone to scan all of my stuff then pay at a terminal.
The closest thing I have to that is at Sams Club they have a scan and go where you just scan as you shop and you can just pay with your card. Target would NEVER do this though. I feel like people enjoy the human interaction element of going to target. At sams club never in my life have I not used a self-checkout lmao.

Yeah this is the way to go. Noob TL me, I had one of ours reverted. My TL partner, much wiser to the ways of Target, made them revert a second one. This has saved our butts at GS.
Just talked with my etl last night and they said that they couldn’t do it…idk if they’re just lazy or don’t know how or what but that was the end of that conversation…and btw the classic register was crashed again…

Just talked with my etl last night and they said that they couldn’t do it…idk if they’re just lazy or don’t know how or what but that was the end of that conversation…and btw the classic register was crashed again…
They might just want you to spend time doing something else. They might not see it as important (Which is the wrong opinion to have when dealing with guests lol)

personally i think reverting a register back to an operating system that crashes when you hit the quantity button is a bad idea but what do i know, i just have the highest nps in my district 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back