MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guests are bringing in their receipts for items that now have a lower price than when they bought it. We have to enter every item manually to return it and then resell it at the lower price once that is done. Some of those are veeeery time consuming. Long lines at guest service the past couple of days.

Anyone worry about the ones paid with debit suddenly not going thru because it takes a few days to go back on their account & they may not have enough currently?
It could go on a giftcard to be used on the new purchase but then the guest would likely complain about having the difference on a giftcard instead of cash in hand.

Anyone worry about the ones paid with debit suddenly not going thru because it takes a few days to go back on their account & they may not have enough currently?
It could go on a giftcard to be used on the new purchase but then the guest would likely complain about having the difference on a giftcard instead of cash in hand.
I always explain it will show as a full credit and then a new charge. That usually prompts the guest to say something if they don’t have enough, in which case I offer GC

Wish our guests would say something instead of acting surprised/pissed that they didn't realize they were overdrawn.

Guests are bringing in their receipts for items that now have a lower price than when they bought it. We have to enter every item manually to return it and then resell it at the lower price once that is done. Some of those are veeeery time consuming. Long lines at guest service the past couple of days.
If I am not mistaken on classic POS can‘t you just do fix a mistake? I hope they bring that back soon on the new POS

Yes, but making them get back into the line for the one classic register does not make for happy guests.
Very true. I feel like fix a mistake will use the same code as the exchange option so I hope that they bring both of them in at the same time

Select Match target print ad after scanning the receipt on classic. And then when it says it's out of date, just continue, and key dpci to match and then it will ask for new price. It'll Automatically pull multiple quantities in one swoop and refund the difference! Also if it's a match to target.com, direct them to target.com guest services for price match. Much easier.

Select Match target print ad after scanning the receipt on classic. And then when it says it's out of date, just continue, and key dpci to match and then it will ask for new price. It'll Automatically pull multiple quantities in one swoop and refund the difference! Also if it's a match to target.com, direct them to target.com guest services for price match. Much easier.
We have one classic register in out store, as do many stores. New hires are trained on the new POS and learn classic with baptism by fire. New POS needs to address the issues soon when we are making the low price of the season a thing because The Season started already.

They also don't like it when you can't do a direct exchange but again, that's not a big deal and perfectly okay from a guest service standpoint according to you. My store also has the highest NPS in the district with IGS and no SCO so what do I know? :)
No SCO? That’s why you have the highest NPS 😂 my guests always bitch about having to use self checkout cause “you don’t want to have cashiers anymore” etc

Is the gs app did not list the option under the 3 lines on the upper right side of screen. I was logged in too.
I don't really get what you're trying to say here o_o. If you used the Instore Checkout app in the menu on the right there is a reprint button and it asks do you want a sales receipt or a gift receipt.

If you logged out of the app and the guest just wants a gift receipt go to the guest service app and if you scan the receipt you can print a gift receipt from there.

I don't really get what you're trying to say here o_o. If you used the Instore Checkout app in the menu on the right there is a reprint button and it asks do you want a sales receipt or a gift receipt.

If you logged out of the app and the guest just wants a gift receipt go to the guest service app and if you scan the receipt you can print a gift receipt from there.
I was using the tech register on the new pos. Not my checkout, it was not working.

In the Instore Checkout app (which is the register app you ring sales in) after the sale is completed, if you click the 3 lines on the top corner, the option of sales receipt and gift receipt will be there.

I was using the tech register on the new pos. Not my checkout, it was not working.
What @versiondefect is referring to is the Guest Services app on New POS, which is accessible by tapping Home and tapping Guest Services. From there, just scan the receipt and it will have the option to print a Gift Receipt. What I think you thought they meant was doing it on a myCheckout Zebra, which in that case, yeah, you're right. Tapping the three lines on MCO will only print a sales receipt. You gotta go to a POS to print a Gift Receipt after a MCO transaction is completed.

is there any eta on the payment of account or exchange features? Does anyone know?
This is a total guess and I could be in the wrong here but honestly, I feel like they're going to do the exchange first.

Before even that, though there are still quite a few kinks and dinks on the new GS app (especially with serials AND activation item returns). Doing exchanges really shouldn't be too hard for the HQ team honestly. Just a matter of copying code over and tying it into the app properly. I see them doing this late Q4.

PoA might take a bit longer because that is a thing target can't fuck up. A return messing up here and there is okay because its a person. But when it comes to other people's banks and other people's credit scores they CANNOT fuck that up. I see that coming Q1-Q2 honestly

Has your guy's store gotten the Linux at the GS registers yet? Kinda shocked how they haven't done it yet considering how slow Windows is with Flux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back