MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any eta on the payment of account or exchange features? Does anyone know?
IDK on Exchanges, but Payment on Account is in the pilot phase at select stores.

Also an FYI, since we’re in Q4 Peak rn, there might not be any updates to New POS until January, when everything is supposedly finished and all the GS and SCO registers will update to New POS, leading to the decommissioning of Classic POS. I say supposedly because you all know how things can be sometimes.

They better roll out the price match option to new POS ASAP. It’s a massive pain in the ass to have to wait for the classic POS system to free up just to honor the October-December price match guarantee. Something like that really should’ve been rolled out if they were going to offer that. Sure we can return and repurchase, but guests tend to dislike and not understand why they need to pay again, and no matter how much we explain they still think we’re trying to rip them off

They better roll out the price match option to new POS ASAP. It’s a massive pain in the ass to have to wait for the classic POS system to free up just to honor the October-December price match guarantee. Something like that really should’ve been rolled out if they were going to offer that. Sure we can return and repurchase, but guests tend to dislike and not understand why they need to pay again, and no matter how much we explain they still think we’re trying to rip them off
don’t see them doing this. If it’s a simple button a lot of people would just hit price match for all the items.

IDK on Exchanges, but Payment on Account is in the pilot phase at select stores.

Also an FYI, since we’re in Q4 Peak rn, there might not be any updates to New POS until January, when everything is supposedly finished and all the GS and SCO registers will update to New POS, leading to the decommissioning of Classic POS. I say supposedly because you all know how things can be sometimes.
Also speaking of SCO; I’ve always wondered why they didn’t update them because the pin for the team members are based on the classic pos and now it seems like all stores only have one classic in the entire store. Idky they wouldn’t just update it to the new one where 99% of the registers have the ability to change the pin if need be but that’s just my opinion ig.

don’t see them doing this. If it’s a simple button a lot of people would just hit price match for all the items.
The old system doesn’t even allow price adjustments on a purchase 75% of the time. Whenever a item has any type of discount it will make you return and repurchase just like the new system. The even exchange feature was part of the old system like a year ago but they removed it because discounts were messing everything up. It’s the same concept as even exchange and it’s the reason they removed that K1 button for even exchange. Whenever you say wrong price for an item on the old system if it has a discount it will make you return and repurchase. Whenever you try k7 sell items and it has a discount it will say it’s not allowed.

Also speaking of SCO; I’ve always wondered why they didn’t update them because the pin for the team members are based on the classic pos and now it seems like all stores only have one classic in the entire store. Idky they wouldn’t just update it to the new one where 99% of the registers have the ability to change the pin if need be but that’s just my opinion ig.
They are testing the system for self checkouts that have the automated cash system. All stores that self checkouts don’t have the automated cash system already have it. I don’t know the whole situation but I’m assuming they are running into issues with the all in one system and automated cash system. They have to redo the whole system just so it works with the automated cash system.

Sorry if these were already mentioned…

No receipt returns under $5 now go onto merch, not cash with new pos. Gift card returns under $5 now go on GC, not cash on new pos.

only way to get cash now is with cash purchase or debit run as debit purchase.

thank you so much devs for this! For states where cashing out GCs is not required by law, this closes a major loophole.

Doing price matches all day yesterday was so irritating. Why can't we just have the same sale in the store???

The new pos does not recognize exchange receipts either. I actually don't hate it as much as I thought I would. It's much simpler than the og machines in a lot of ways. If they fix exchanges and payments I will have no real complaints.

I hope they add post voiding returns to the new POS. Sometimes, we press the refund button too quickly and they end up not having that card anymore. Only the old POS can post void returns.

I hope they add post voiding returns to the new POS. Sometimes, we press the refund button too quickly and they end up not having that card anymore. Only the old POS can post void returns.
What would actually be even better is a wrong payment for returns where we don’t have to redo the return, it would just give us the option to change the refund method

What would actually be even better is a wrong payment for returns where we don’t have to redo the return, it would just give us the option to change the refund method
The fix a mistake price match thing needs to come back too. I really miss that lol.

Other than a price match button (really don’t see this happening). What’s some other wants for the new POS. Something that didn’t come from the classic POS, something new

I've been looking forward to the ability to place an online order on new pos which was referenced a long time ago as an upcoming feature.

What would be nice:
Phone number receipt lookups
Order # receipt lookups
Redcard lookup
Help menu/policy references just like workbench
Auto no receipt when wallet is scanned - dependent on user preference
Fingerprint login
Dpci lookup, target.com UI style with filters
Gift card offers added to target circle account if entered and no more physical gift cards
Faster sale data so onhands change quicker
Allstate protection plans with a full description of what's covered when prompted
Self-Check large gift card purchase requires team member intervention and/or fraud awareness prompt to reduce guests being scammed.

Last edited:
I've been looking forward to the ability to place an online order on new pos which was referenced a long time ago as an upcoming feature.

What would be nice:
Phone number receipt lookups
Order # receipt lookups
Redcard⁰ lookup
Fingerprint login
Dpci lookup, target.com UI style with filters
Gift card offers added to target circle account if entered and no more physical gift cards
Allstate protection plans with a full description of what's covered when prompted
Self-Check large gift card purchase requires team member intervention and/or fraud awareness prompt to reduce guests being scammed.
That's to much to ask. Like target is going to install fingerprint sensors at registers? Order# receipt lookup would help but you can already do that with pickup app. Just a matter of integration into pos. We could end up like HD pos but they use websites and run on windows. Redcard lookup isn't good for privacy and security reasons. I know pos image recognition is on the list for development in q2-q3 2022.

They are planning to update sco with gux before they update the one classic at gs.

They are testing the system for self checkouts that have the automated cash system. All stores that self checkouts don’t have the automated cash system already have it. I don’t know the whole situation but I’m assuming they are running into issues with the all in one system and automated cash system. They have to redo the whole system just so it works with the automated cash system.
The new pos gux system was designed for atm sco that they designed in house. Some stores have the new sco registers. They weren't initially designed for the old ncr atm sco that most stores have. It's just a matter of adapting gux to ncr or replacing them.

Speaking of phone returns….this happened today. Can anyone please explain this cause no one even hardline 4 etl had no idea what’s happening. I tried to cut out all the information about the store as much as possible and Rec num.
View attachment 13095
I did return on classic POS. Scanned receipt from guests phone, scanned the iPhone, POS asked $35 waive would be charged. Said ‘continue’. Asked ‘Is there anything wrong with these items?’ Said no (to defect later since this was the second time doing this return). Afterward the POS does some weird screen glitch and basically does the $35 restock fee automatically. I hit total it show the recommended refund back to ‘credit’. Ask guest to insert a credit card (only once!) and then POS shows recommended refund screen again with $16 and some change. Recommended refund doesn’t work so I go back to the scan items/receipts screen and the press total again. Pretty sure I didn’t hit nothing but it randomly says ‘This cannot be zero’ then I hit clear and it pops the drawer open by itself saying change due that $181 amount at the bottom. Does anyone have any idea cause none of the totals make sense and the card was only put it once so ideky there 2 credits back.
It's a bug with classic pos. It usually does this with an exchange on a debit transaction, same day return from another store. Either restart the return or do it on new pos.

The new pos gux system was designed for atm sco that they designed in house. Some stores have the new sco registers. They weren't initially designed for the old ncr atm sco that most stores have. It's just a matter of adapting gux to ncr or replacing them.
My store is going through a remodel rn (well after Q4) but we are getting 8 more SCOs. I really don't like the new interface for the SCO LMAO.

Redcard lookup
After the data breach, I don't see target doing this.
totally doable. honestly, they could literally just port the workbench to it SUPER easily.

Think this would be cool
Fingerprint login
too expensive LMAO
please god. do this.
they've been pretty quick IMHO.

would be super simple to add a FAQ section.
absolutely. Totally doable.

I don't work SCO so i can't really speak too hard but I really don't like that idea. As a shopper, it just feels so untrusted when companies do that kinda thing.

Fix a Mistake Wrong Price is currently in pilot at select stores as of Wednesday. And Payment of Account has been in pilot in select stores since October. Remember, if everything goes according to plan, all features will be added to the New POS Guest Service in January (hence no chainwide updates since Oct since it’s Q4), in which Classic POS will be decommissioned. So in short, all Service Desk and SCO Machines should be on New POS by January.

Fix a Mistake Wrong Price is currently in pilot at select stores as of Wednesday. And Payment of Account has been in pilot in select stores since October. Remember, if everything goes according to plan, all features will be added to the New POS Guest Service in January (hence no chainwide updates since Oct since it’s Q4), in which Classic POS will be decommissioned. So in short, all Service Desk and SCO Machines should be on New POS by January.
SCO included? Last time I heard they haven’t tested them out with the ATM SCOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back