MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target is continuing to increase devices in stores. If you run out of devices constantly, and your store is doing well at equipment management, your utilization rate will be high enough for the store director to request more at the stores expense.
Funny you say this. We normally run out of walkies BUT if it’s a holiday and we don’t get an overnight crew then we actually have more walkies then chargers

Reactions: DBZ
I
Funny you say this. We normally run out of walkies BUT if it’s a holiday and we don’t get an overnight crew then we actually have more walkies then chargers
I order walkies for my store every couple months and chargers if needed. I just need people to stop taking them home or running them over with powered equipment... They are not too expensive, but we do have to follow a budget.

Target is continuing to increase devices in stores. If you run out of devices constantly, and your store is doing well at equipment management, your utilization rate will be high enough for the store director to request more at the stores expense.
For checklane advocates? You're cute. Maybe now that everyone not on a lane isn't a fulfillment expert we'll have enough, but the lanes will always be the last for myDevices

False. But not in the way we're used to. There will essentially be a separate override screen for overrides-- it will not be a part of the regular return flow like it is on old pos. question is who will have access to it

But wasn’t one of the points of New POS (and Modernization) not having anybody locked behind access to things during transactions, in turn empowering GAs and Making It Right For The Guest? Hence all Guest Advocates being told to receive Supervisor numbers on Classic POS when modernization happened, and not having any Supervisor status on New POS.
In that case, there shouldn’t be overrides and either give more power to Make It Right For The Guest, or don’t so everything follows return policies and overrided Merch Cards become a thing of the past.

I think the idea is that overrides will be like a true last resort only option type thing. Not like “guest complains they don’t want it on a merch card” but rather “something went horribly wrong and we have to override it”

so 999/1000 times everything a guest advocate has access to will be enough. Overrides will be for that 1/1000 time

I think the idea is that overrides will be like a true last resort only option type thing. Not like “guest complains they don’t want it on a merch card” but rather “something went horribly wrong and we have to override it”

so 999/1000 times everything a guest advocate has access to will be enough. Overrides will be for that 1/1000 time
Which for special cases like that refer them to guest relations. The store should work within the policy and make it right situations such as price challenges and stuff like that.

Guest relations should be the one to fix those rare cases when something has actually gone wrong.
Give GAs the ability to do all make-it-right functions and let POS be the one that says yes or no. If pos says no but there is a special circumstance it goes to guest relations imho.

I don’t want the old POS removed until the New POS can:
Make payments (coming soon I know)
Overrides, but not as generous as the old POS
Change refund tender if card is expired or canceled
Pay & no receipt prompt at checkout for all payments except cash
Make gift receipts for certain items from a receipt even after purchase, list the item on the gift receipt (good for gift cards, guests want extra receipts for them)
Option to reprint defect label if it doesn’t print (instead of going into “change what’s wrong” and re-defecting)
Automatically defect salvage items
Quantity button on returns

Not sure if this is a glitch, but when food is defected out, the system will say “donate” but the sticker says “toss”. This needs to be fixed.

I don’t want the old POS removed until the New POS can:
Make payments (coming soon I know)
Overrides, but not as generous as the old POS
Change refund tender if card is expired or canceled
Pay & no receipt prompt at checkout for all payments except cash
Make gift receipts for certain items from a receipt even after purchase, list the item on the gift receipt (good for gift cards, guests want extra receipts for them)
Option to reprint defect label if it doesn’t print (instead of going into “change what’s wrong” and re-defecting)
Automatically defect salvage items
Quantity button on returns

Not sure if this is a glitch, but when food is defected out, the system will say “donate” but the sticker says “toss”. This needs to be fixed.

On the way (I know you said that, but still...)
As I mentioned before, I personally wouldn't.
Makes sense.
You can just throw the receipt away if they don't want it.
What do you mean by that? If you mean the ability to only put part of a transaction on a gift receipt, I don't see the point.
Yes please.
YES YES 1000 TIMES YES.
Please. It would make things so much easier for when the cashier accidentally types 47 Avocados instead of 2. (Trust me, this happened like a month ago and was not fun at all. Had to do 4225-ENTER-K8 45 times.)

What do you mean by that? If you mean the ability to only put part of a transaction on a gift receipt, I don't see the point.
On the old POS, we could select items to be on the receipt (instead of the whole transaction like new POS), the items would be listed on the receipt and we could print separate receipts for each item, even gift cards. Many guests assume we print activation slips for gift cards like most stores do, but we can only print balance inquiries for target gift cards.

You can just throw the receipt away if they don't want it.
It’s a waste of receipt paper to print a receipt for a pack of gum or a soda. The receipts save to the app so the guest doesn’t always need the paper receipt.

We could also have the option to text the receipt to the number entered on the pin pad like line busting has.

I agree. If they scan wallet, especially at SCO, there should be an option to just send the receipt to the app. When I’m buying my lunch on break or one soda, I don’t need to waste paper on a receipt for that.

It’s a waste of receipt paper to print a receipt for a pack of gum or a soda. The receipts save to the app so the guest doesn’t always need the paper receipt.

We could also have the option to text the receipt to the number entered on the pin pad like line busting has.

True true. I was thinking moreso for people not using Target Wallet. If they are, then ofc have the option not to, like it already does for those who have their RedCard on their Target app. I was thinking more any transaction, which is not a good idea imo.
And on the text receipt, yeah, they should like myCheckout does. It would fill a niche group (I'm the primary Linebuster and Linebusting Trainer at my store, and have only had one guest request a texted receipt), but it would still be useful to have in the rare chance someone does.

On the old POS, we could select items to be on the receipt (instead of the whole transaction like new POS), the items would be listed on the receipt and we could print separate receipts for each item
Fun fact: any gift receipt could be used for any item on the transaction (if eligible for return) despite what item was actually listed on the gift receipts.

The barcode on all the gift receipts was the same.

So now you skip the optics and it's the same thing.

I think corporate should redo it and have all stores switch the funds in self checkouts weekly instead of daily. Those things are vaults only way to get in is with the keys. We have 16 self checkouts. It takes like 45 minutes for a team member to close 8 of them. That’s 1.5 hours for all of them each night. Plus like an hour in the CO counting it and getting new funds ready. That’s 2.5 hours daily. Or about 37.5 dollars at 15 an hour. By only switching it weekly we would save $225 a week. The chance for a team member to take money would decrease by 85%. We would save over 11k each year. Say some money did somehow go missing. All AP would have to do is watch when the lock part is opened on the cameras which is logged and when the funds were switched to see who took it. So much time would be saved. The chance a mistake happens also decreases by 85% because you don’t do it as much. I know 45 minutes is a little longer than it actually takes but for some people it does take this long. Registers I understand why they switch everyday just because people are always opening and closing them.

I think corporate should redo it and have all stores switch the funds in self checkouts weekly instead of daily. Those things are vaults only way to get in is with the keys. We have 16 self checkouts. It takes like 45 minutes for a team member to close 8 of them. That’s 1.5 hours for all of them each night. Plus like an hour in the CO counting it and getting new funds ready. That’s 2.5 hours daily. Or about 37.5 dollars at 15 an hour. By only switching it weekly we would save $225 a week. The chance for a team member to take money would decrease by 85%. We would save over 11k each year. Say some money did somehow go missing. All AP would have to do is watch when the lock part is opened on the cameras which is logged and when the funds were switched to see who took it. So much time would be saved. The chance a mistake happens also decreases by 85% because you don’t do it as much. I know 45 minutes is a little longer than it actually takes but for some people it does take this long. Registers I understand why they switch everyday just because people are always opening and closing them.

What style SCO do you have? Weekly would be too long. Do you close them or do CO? Maybe every other day would be good.

At my store, we have 12 self checkouts, 4 on GM side (GMSCO) and 8 on Grocery side (GSCO). We also have SCO keys and whoever is at GMSCO or GSCO has a set of keys to get into the ATM/Receipt printer We always close GMSCO around 8pm and have it rebanked around 8:20/8:30pm depending on the day or who is at GMSCO. GSCO closes at 10pm when the store closes, but that gets banked between 9pm and 10pm. We bank GSCO without closing the area, as guests are still checking out, and let guests keep using them after being banked, like New POS registers can be.
Just a note, we have the Old Standard NCR ATM SCO machines, and do I hate them. Even tho I've done exclusively OPU/GS/MCO in the past four months, I effing hate those machines and software and can't wait for New POS to hit SCO, since eSCO is an abomination. Also really want the new NextGen SCO machines that newer stores have, as they look pretty sleek and functional. And I remember reading that they only need to be banked weekly, and if true, would be great.

Last edited:
At my store, we have 12 self checkouts, 4 on GM side (GMSCO) and 8 on Grocery side (GSCO). We also have SCO keys and whoever is at GMSCO or GSCO has a set of keys to get into the ATM/Receipt printer We always close GMSCO around 8pm and have it rebanked around 8:20/8:30pm depending on the day or who is at GMSCO. GSCO closes at 10pm when the store closes, but that gets banked between 9pm and 10pm. We bank GSCO without closing the area, as guests are still checking out, and let guests keep using them after being banked, like New POS registers can be.
Just a note, we have the Old Standard NCR ATM SCO machines, and do I hate them. Even tho I've done exclusively OPU/GS/MCO in the past four months, I ending hate those machines and software and can't wait for New POS to hit SCO. Also really want the new NextGen SCO machines that newer stores have.
My store was mid remodel. We have 4 of the NCR SCO but we’re gonna get 8 more. I doubt we’re getting NCR but are they gonna replace the NCR ones?

My store was mid remodel. We have 4 of the NCR SCO but we’re gonna get 8 more. I doubt we’re getting NCR but are they gonna replace the NCR ones?
There are no more Target NCR SCO machines left in the warehouses from what I’ve heard online, so either you’re gonna have 4 NCR SCOs and 8 NextGen SCOs, or 12 NextGen SCOs. Depending on the age of your 4 pre-existing NCR SCOs, they might get replaced.
All I can say for certain is that you will not be getting more NCR machines. (If the remodel started before Q4, there is a small chance tho, so be warned.)

It would also be cool if target made an app that could view live transactions on a register and remotely remove items and stuff like that. I know Walmart has something similar but I think they could make it pretty cool if they do it right. They could add view last 10 transactions on a register and probably even make it so you could view original receipt and print it from your mydevice quickly to the baby registry printer or something. They could also put a receipt viewer in the app and just make it like a front end app. It could also have features to do special restarts and rebuilds so we don’t always have to call the csc. Maybe even a problem solving menu to help fix simple issues with a register. They could probably add a feature to enter store mode quicker instead of typing in your passcode every time. It would be cool if there was a speed login feature that when enabled generates a unique barcode at the top of the app that stays up there until you turn it off and when scanned by the register it goes into store mode. They could also make it so you can change what the barcode does. They could add like a mode button for the barcode and you can choose store mode or start funds. If the setting is set to start funds and scanned by the register it would immediately open the cash drawer and do whatever it does when start funds is pressed. They could also make a paid and left feature were you scan the missed items and put the register they were found at if there is one. Then they could add a paid and left feature on the registers and make it so you scan the original receipt and type in the DPCIs for the missed items and it will quickly check if any were logged for that day. There could be a status page for the registers which allows you to see all the tickets registers have and add a button which changes a registers screen to “register is temporarily unavailable” with a login anyway button in the bottom right to simply exit the screen so people can quickly know a register is broken before the guests unloads everything. This is just an idea and obviously there are many different things they could do with it.

False. But not in the way we're used to. There will essentially be a separate override screen for overrides-- it will not be a part of the regular return flow like it is on old pos. question is who will have access to it
You have anymore information on this? I hope they restrict it to leaders and have the ability to give it to certain TMs to.

There are no more Target NCR SCO machines left in the warehouses from what I’ve heard online, so either you’re gonna have 4 NCR SCOs and 8 NextGen SCOs, or 12 NextGen SCOs. Depending on the age of your 4 pre-existing NCR SCOs, they might get replaced.
All I can say for certain is that you will not be getting more NCR machines. (If the remodel started before Q4, there is a small chance tho, so be warned.)
Does anyone have pics of the next gen ATM SCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back