MEGATHREAD New POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE they installed the first set of SCOs and they’re alright! I feel like the touch screen is bad though imo.

the touch screen is irritatingly high resolution. Like this little SCO has a 1440p monitor on it. Why lmao.

edit also if any of you tech nerds are out here it has 8 gigs of ram and it was using 4 at idle.

Attachments

• B121F6C8-9A5D-4946-B3A3-036C163BB02C.jpeg
    B121F6C8-9A5D-4946-B3A3-036C163BB02C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Saw these and they might be important too. Also Cafe is getting a self checkout……. But it’s basically gonna be a TM self checkout since no one will use it LOL

Attachments

• 2896246B-6E2B-4616-A9BF-73EDA32C2497.jpeg
    2896246B-6E2B-4616-A9BF-73EDA32C2497.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
The touchscreens felt a bit off to me too, glad I'm not the only one to notice.
I think its just because we're going too fast LOL. Also sometimes it doesn't register all the taps? Its strange. Also if god forbid you need to go into store mode. If you do prepare to wait 3-5 business days for it to load onto the login screen.

Also I found a simple bug you won't really notice unless you look for it. When you start / log out it sends what color the light should be.

Example: If you sign to the SCO app it changes the light to Green. If its on the "A team member is on the way!" screen then it blinks red. But if you log out and its on "Sign in" the LED is blue. We have experienced some freezing already but the corner trick works. But say its stuck on the " A team member is on the way!" and it's blinking red but you do a fast restart. The LED is still blinking red even though the LED should technically be blue. Stupid bug, easy fix.

Saw these and they might be important too. Also Cafe is getting a self checkout……. But it’s basically gonna be a TM self checkout since no one will use it LOL

Ours is definitely a TM sco, but guests buy slushies there too. However, it's annoying because ours has no cash, but people expect cash back or put cash in and think they are going to get change.

Honestly, could they just set up a small SCO or MCO type device in the break room? Would make it so much easier on breaks (kinda joking kinda not)
Our breakroom is moving to the back of the store. This would be great. Guessing that the electronics checkout will be the go-to for break/lunch check out.

Our breakroom is moving to the back of the store. This would be great. Guessing that the electronics checkout will be the go-to for break/lunch check out.
they moved ours and honestly not really. market is top right of the store (if your standing in the back facing the front) and TSC is in the bottom left so if you're getting something for lunch you pass the front anyways

they moved ours and honestly not really. market is top right of the store (if your standing in the back facing the front) and TSC is in the bottom left so if you're getting something for lunch you pass the front anyways
Won't be the case at our store. Market is east, FOS is south, TSC will be north. Electronics is also north.

Won't be the case at our store. Market is east, FOS is south, TSC will be north. Electronics is also north.
ahhh okay. Don't your store's size and old tsc size but there is going to be SO MUCH OPU hold space. If you ask me they could have used some of that space for something else but I don't get paid to make those decisions lmao.

ahhh okay. Don't your store's size and old tsc size but there is going to be SO MUCH OPU hold space. If you ask me they could have used some of that space for something else but I don't get paid to make those decisions lmao.
Currently have OPU space tucked into a lot of "made up" areas, causing those who do pickups to have to go to several locations to pick up the orders. The locations are almost all completely full throughout the day. Cooler and freezer space is at the lanes, making it difficult for both guests and flex tm's. Orders are doubled and tripled in location on a daily basis. We definitely need consolidated space to make it more safe and efficient. I think there are most likely plans for some sort of program expansion for flex... our drive up area is getting a makeover as well. It may not be immediately, but the groundwork is being laid. IMO, a TSC is unnecessary. All they need is an equipment storage room, a computer station (with more than 2 computers), and an HR office and conference room. Our TL's and ETL's have their own office area, yet they always use the computers in the TSC, making it difficult for tm's to have access when necessary (though as they require us to use our phone apps more that is becoming less necessary) so I don't see why they need anything more than a file room with a worktable.

IDK about other fulfillment remodels but ours they're adding walk in coolers and freezers, more opu hold space, and sfs is moving up there and we're getting 5 more pack stations plus bulk storage for boxes and supplies. Depending on volume you kinda need all the space in normal times plus whatever Target thinks the volume will be in the coming years

We have the same issue. 3 different locations for orders. A huge pain. We need the front end to be redone to consolidate and give us more space.
We have a HUGE backroom so moving TSC to the back was really no problem and they merged the old GS space with the old TSC to make one BIG ASS OPU room. Behind the wall of the front all it is is the Cafe and OPU / GS.

We have a HUGE backroom so moving TSC to the back was really no problem and they merged the old GS space with the old TSC to make one BIG ASS OPU room. Behind the wall of the front all it is is the Cafe and OPU / GS.
Our issue is that our store has a weird layout where GS is in a corner away from everything except Starbucks. There’s no room to move anything without a complete gutting of everything and I doubt that’s gonna anytime soon

Found a handful of bugs i'd like to share. you cannot successfully retrieve a previously suspended transaction. like Suspend -> retrieve -> suspend -> error when retrieving.

Printing Speed ID on new SCO bugs out and doesn't print properly.

Also I don't know if its because our SCOs maybe aren't updated but a guest did a double scan so I just switched apps on the SCO to GS but you can't do returns on it! Kinda irritating lol.

Also I don't know if its because our SCOs maybe aren't updated but a guest did a double scan so I just switched apps on the SCO to GS but you can't do returns on it! Kinda irritating lol.

Just a guess, but that last part might be intentional. Imagine if a New Team Member or Seasonal TM left the SCO on Store Mode or the Home Screen. Imagine what the guests would do if they could return items, edit price, make GiftCards, etc...

Say what you want about eSCO, how bad it may be with it's fusion of Classic and New POS, but scanning an item took it off of store mode, as it should.

Last edited:
A couple months ago I tried doing a return at the checklanes, it wouldn't let me. Weird, because I know some time last year, probably in the summer, I did a return at the lanes just fine.

Just a guess, but that last part might be intentional. Imagine if a New Team Member or Seasonal TM left the SCO on Store Mode or the Home Screen. Imagine what the guests would do if they could return items, edit price, make GiftCards, etc...

Say what you want about eSCO, how bad it may be with it's fusion of Classic and New POS, but scanning an item took it off of store mode, as it should.
very true.

A couple months ago I tried doing a return at the checklanes, it wouldn't let me. Weird, because I know some time last year, probably in the summer, I did a return at the lanes just fine.
Exact same thing happened to me. The cashier next to me bought a snicker that was ROCK hard like if you ate it you would chip a tooth. So I just processed the return on a CL. I tried another day and it was disabled? I wonder why they disabled it honestly. Also saying this out loud made me realize that I think our SCOs are on outdated software. I don't know if it's just disabled on SCO machines but it doesn't auto open the correct app. Like if you're at GS it auto puts you in the GS app but at SCO it just takes me to the Hub screen.

Exact same thing happened to me. The cashier next to me bought a snicker that was ROCK hard like if you ate it you would chip a tooth. So I just processed the return on a CL. I tried another day and it was disabled? I wonder why they disabled it honestly. Also saying this out loud made me realize that I think our SCOs are on outdated software. I don't know if it's just disabled on SCO machines but it doesn't auto open the correct app. Like if you're at GS it auto puts you in the GS app but at SCO it just takes me to the Hub screen.

That hasn't been a problem at my store. Since our OPU "remodel" happened over the summer, they cut down our GS/OPU registers from 5 to 3 registers, taking away #123 and #126, just leaving us with #122, #124, and #125. Because of the asinine removal of registers, we use Lane 5 (we haven't had a Lane 1, 2, 3, or 4 since the Spring 2018 remodel) for returns sometimes when the line is really long. I've been doing this for a couple months now, and haven't had any problems making returns at all. Must be an old issue that has been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back