New register system???

Gift receipts always worked for the whole receipt. You could select specific items, but that only impacted what items were listed on the receipt, not which items it was actually valid for.

I suspect GSTL will get added back eventually. Not saying there are plans to add it, just that I think making everyone a supervisor effectively is a disastrously bad idea and that Target will realize this eventually and add back the different privilege levels that exist on the old POS.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen if the responsiveness of the touch screen is better with new POS? I'm really hoping it's just atrocious from them shoehorning old POS on them, and not the fault of the screen itself. I was rooting for you elo.

In my store at least, new POS touch screen responsiveness is a little better than in the old system but still atrocious.😡

Help
Next question about the new system. Is there a way to go back if a partial payment was made? A message comes up to void all payment with an ok. You touch it but I don't see an option to actually void the payments without voiding the entire transaction. It is annoying because if you use a 5 cent bag coupon, the system considers it a partial payment. I had another where someone actually made a partial payment on a card but the second card wouldn't go through so I wanted to void the partial payment so I could suspend the transaction while they called their bank but again the only option was to void/cancel the entire $400+ order.

Help
Next question about the new system. Is there a way to go back if a partial payment was made? A message comes up to void all payment with an ok. You touch it but I don't see an option to actually void the payments without voiding the entire transaction. It is annoying because if you use a 5 cent bag coupon, the system considers it a partial payment. I had another where someone actually made a partial payment on a card but the second card wouldn't go through so I wanted to void the partial payment so I could suspend the transaction while they called their bank but again the only option was to void/cancel the entire $400+ order.
Touch the arrow where it gives the total. That will unroll the subtotal of the items bought, the taxes due, and any payments like the bag credit. Touch the trash can icon next to the payment and that will eliminate that payment. Hit total again and proceed with new payments.

Touch the arrow where it gives the total. That will unroll the subtotal of the items bought, the taxes due, and any payments like the bag credit. Touch the trash can icon next to the payment and that will eliminate that payment. Hit total again and proceed with new payments.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Back