Archived New schedules for CAF pulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fill triggers will be changing to filling outs and critical lows. Its a waste of everyones time to pull, then run a pull with 2 of this, one of that, 3 of this.... when all those items have a large enough capacity that it will make it until the flow team.... aka the replenishment process, can do it, with larger pulls.

Allow the salesfloor to work on merchandise brand and fill outs via exf.

Last edited:
Yeah... right... they are checking the boxes on the floor that are being or about to be stocked to determine if its out or not? AND NO! they are not going to check anything on the screen to see if it says it came today either.

YEAH RIGHT! That doesn't happen!

Bleep! 0, put grey dot on move on, 5 minutes later we fill it, and remove the grey dot... sighhhh...

IS should be done on NON TRUCK DAYS, OR other wise AFTER THE TRUCK is 100% complete. Again this is a NO BRAINER.

Won't happen. In your theory, all the backstock would need to be done also, in the event a case made it to backstock instead of push. Then the IS team will have to do all the scans, have someone pull it, then the IS team to run it all.

Now how do I rely on a flow TL who has a team that sorts pallets totally F'd up and those too have challenge on them...wtf you say??? And when I went in the office with him and the ETL I was told flow doesn't have time to pay that close of attention. Pissed a bit I was so now I'm auditing at least 4 smart carts a day of challenge while Flow TL twiddles his thumb. I'm a level 15 and he's an 11 so now I'm told to guide him...help train him but the chip on his shoulder weighs about 180...I use Zen...oooooosaaaaaaa and still get the flow has to come clean by 8 am which is only on our non truck days. I battle for my team on a daily but I'm the first to give feedbaxk if they need to correct their ways and not 1 of them sees this change being for the better. If anyone has scheduling suggestions and or hours that have been allocated please share. I'm a high B column store that was told by my DTL next year were A...Here's to 2016!!! LOL

Like I said come work in a big boy overnight store.

In stocks non truck days? What is a non truck day? We have trucks six night a week? That is total between C&S and General Merch.

This!! ^^^ We unload at 6, my Flow TL pushed the area to be scanned that day first, has it pushed by 7:30-7:45 and my BR has it all BS'd back 8:15 (we are a push all, so no direct BS) In-stocks starts scanning by 8:30 at the latest. As long as your In-stocks team pays attention, they look while they are scanning and will notice if a out has a delivery date for that current day and won't 0 it out (as all the info is on the same page)

Yeah... right... they are checking the boxes on the floor that are being or about to be stocked to determine if its out or not? AND NO! they are not going to check anything on the screen to see if it says it came today either.

Bleep! 0, put grey dot on move on, 5 minutes later we fill it, and remove the grey dot... sighhhh...

IS should be done on NON TRUCK DAYS, OR other wise AFTER THE TRUCK is 100% complete. Again this is a NO BRAINER.
truck should be pushed overnight and instocks should come in at 8 or 9.

I was told today that hours will be cut eventually and one of us might be TERMINATED. Hahaha there are only 3 backroom day minions including me at my turd store. I don't care. I see it as a wake-up call. With that being said, I hope this comes back to bite Target in the ass. I'm talking a huge chunk bitten off from their ass and they'll have to use hemorrhoid cushions for a month.

Like I said come work in a big boy overnight store.

In stocks non truck days? What is a non truck day? We have trucks six night a week? That is total between C&S and General Merch.

So you have one non truck dayvthen dont you. We have (3) three non truck days..4 GM and 3 FDC all come the same day sans 1.. .. and as I said before then it should be done AFTER the truck and that includes BS .... So Flow comes in @ 2200 at store close. does the truck till 0300, IS can do their thing from 0300 to 0730.

oh and cool your jets about a big boy store because quite honestly this is a NO BRAINER A++++++ to D volume. Anything else is just working against other teams.

It's possible that there have been changes since the pilot that we are unaware of. The process may be different, I imagine that your team has changed since the pilot, and I imagine that since this is no longer just a pilot there will be a greater effort put into it to make it work.

Changes to the process? What? Stop using your brain, you aren't allowed to do that.

I was curious what today might have looked like if we were doing the upcoming schedule. I left at 3 today so I don't know what it looked like after that, but I printed the CAF pull monitor reports from 11 to 3. Assuming the same items would be pulled, just at a different time of the day I added up all the pull goal times for the batches that would drop at 1 and at 3.

Our actual pull goals were 2:28, 1:45, 1:40, 1:53, and 1:51.
Pulling the same things at 1, 3, and 5 looks like it would be 3:39, 2:51, and 2:50 built up for the 5s by 3PM and 18 minutes of softlines not pulled.

It looks like we may no longer need three people in the morning. We might be able to do with just two for the earlier batches but I guess we'd need 3 at five.

Why are your hourlys so large? We are an A level store. The 11 is about 1:45, anything after is 45 min or smaller. Even on Saturdays.

We have 4 to 5 GM trucks a week. The days we don't have a GM truck, we have FDC. Some days the GM and FDC are together. Sundays are the only days we have no trucks. If the instocks pathway is correct, there really shouldn't be an issue with scanning and having product still on the floor. Grocery and HBA always run a little behind. Sometimes not done until 930 or 10. Those are the very last areas instocks scans.

I'm actually kind of excited for this new process. By the time the 1's drop, all research, exf, and random batches should be pulled. The reasons my 11's are over one hour is because I still residual grocery research batches that weren't pulled yet. Having that little bit of extra time would allow me to finish off the batches, and I'm anticipating having smaller CAFs.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the mid-shift. It's kind of unnecessary if everything runs properly with this new system. I'll just have to add ELRs to my list of things to accomplish. No issue with that though.

I was on vacation. Had a lot to catch up on with this.

My store is on the higher end of A I believe, and our 11's are usually around 2 hours. On weekends, it is usually closer to 3. There have definitely been a couple of occasions where we have had days with 4:30 or longer 11 oclocks.

Difference between store sizes? I'm at an AA store.

My store is on the higher end of A I believe, and our 11's are usually around 2 hours. On weekends, it is usually closer to 3. There have definitely been a couple of occasions where we have had days with 4:30 or longer 11 oclocks.

That blows my mind. Are you guys not coming clean? I'm just really curious how they are so large. We are a busy store.

That blows my mind. Are you guys not coming clean? I'm just really curious how they are so large. We are a busy store.

Technically we are not squeaky clean most of the time. I'd say about 7 or 8 times out of 10 we come clean in all the important areas (Line is set, price change pulled, bale made, backstock cleared in the main/electronics/infant/womens satellite stockrooms etc.) but we almost never have time to backstock any of the coolers. The remaining 2-3 times are usually just a few vehicles left in one or two of the satellite stockrooms.

Were we coming clean in Q4? No. We've been coming reasonably clean the past few weeks. I rarely close but when I do we're either clean or there's only a couple tubs of backstock. However we usually don't have time to touch the mess in the coolers/freezer. Yesterday there were 4 pallets of dairy in the way that needed backstocking for which there is no space.

We generally have 6 people on throughout the day. I guess that's going to change.

Technically we are not squeaky clean most of the time. I'd say about 7 or 8 times out of 10 we come clean in all the important areas (Line is set, price change pulled, bale made, backstock cleared in the main/electronics/infant/womens satellite stockrooms etc.) but we almost never have time to backstock any of the coolers. The remaining 2-3 times are usually just a few vehicles left in one or two of the satellite stockrooms.

Were we coming clean in Q4? No. We've been coming reasonably clean the past few weeks. I rarely close but when I do we're either clean or there's only a couple tubs of backstock. However we usually don't have time to touch the mess in the coolers/freezer. Yesterday there were 4 pallets of dairy in the way that needed backstocking for which there is no space.

We generally have 6 people on throughout the day. I guess that's going to change.

I can see then how some are expressing frustration with the new system that will be starting. TLs and ETLs probably don't fully understand how to run the backroom properly. Our mid and closer surprisingly have so much downtime they just end up wandering for a few hours.

I have seen even higher CAFs. Part of the problem is sales mix for different stores. I have seen HUGE 5's in stores that are not only high volume, but high sales mix in grocery. Pull Segmentation purposely skipped grocery fillgroups and pulled them later in the day (going a few hours without really dropping them), and then all of a sudden put them at the end. When you are doing 450K in a day and 50%+ is in market and were on pull segmentation, it wasn't uncommon to see the GRC2 batch have a goal of over 2 hours (which meant two people pulling it non-stop wouldn't get it done in time).

The 11's also suffer from being the first CAF of the day, and if your team ties any POGs but doesn't drop the fills for them, they will automatically accumulate into the 11's. Normally the 11's aren't all that bad, but if someone decides to tie off a bunch of market salesplans on a saturday morning without dropping the fills, they will get all that product in the 11's. Disaster.

I have seen even higher CAFs. Part of the problem is sales mix for different stores. I have seen HUGE 5's in stores that are not only high volume, but high sales mix in grocery. Pull Segmentation purposely skipped grocery fillgroups and pulled them later in the day (going a few hours without really dropping them), and then all of a sudden put them at the end. When you are doing 450K in a day and 50%+ is in market and were on pull segmentation, it wasn't uncommon to see the GRC2 batch have a goal of over 2 hours (which meant two people pulling it non-stop wouldn't get it done in time).

The 11's also suffer from being the first CAF of the day, and if your team ties any POGs but doesn't drop the fills for them, they will automatically accumulate into the 11's. Normally the 11's aren't all that bad, but if someone decides to tie off a bunch of market salesplans on a saturday morning without dropping the fills, they will get all that product in the 11's. Disaster.

450k? We average around 200k a day since we are near a large city. Its amazing that stores do that much.

Let's not even get started on those POG batches. Drives me nuts.

So you have one non truck dayvthen dont you. We have (3) three non truck days..4 GM and 3 FDC all come the same day sans 1.. .. and as I said before then it should be done AFTER the truck and that includes BS .... So Flow comes in @ 2200 at store close. does the truck till 0300, IS can do their thing from 0300 to 0730.

oh and cool your jets about a big boy store because quite honestly this is a NO BRAINER A++++++ to D volume. Anything else is just working against other teams.

There is definitely no Overnight store that closes at 10PM. Most are at a minimum 11PM, and many have tested 12am around D101. They take a GM every single night (7 day trailer schedule) and usually 4-6 FDCs. On the non-FDC days you add your double because they rarely only take 7. Those GM trailers are almost always going to be a 2800+ truck on average. Does your store get done with trailers that size and FDC by 8am including backstock? Could they do it if suddenly your whole flow team wasn't there everyday (7 trailers a week means your team needs to be split up and have staggered days off).

I will also point out that Target's supply chain process begins falling apart at this volume. Your autofills are much larger (averaging 1800-2000 each night) and your truck backstock off the truck increases. They can't possibly time freight flow well enough to match the sales, so they send tons of what they have and you just get stuck backstocking it and then filling from your backroom all the time.

450k? We average around 200k a day since we are near a large city. Its amazing that stores do that much.

Let's not even get started on those POG batches. Drives me nuts.

4th Quarter weekends your top 20 stores per region will do at least 400K+

Like I said homes, come actually work in a big store. Your ego would get severely adjusted.

In our store there seemed to be an issue with sfq and the new planograms. Apparently this was not adressed. We also have TMS still overpushing. None of this is helping. Manual CAFs are a nightmare. I think exfs are the way to go if it's done consistently. With hours the way they are it looks like TLs are going to have to own this for now.

SFQ should be done after each new POG or Salesplan. It may seem like an initial misuse of time, but the over/under push will certainly make up for that.

Like I said homes, come actually work in a big store. Your ego would get severely adjusted.

You keep posting this BS line... its contrite BS... so I'll say "back it up"

Plain and simple.... I am "The Hammer" I put the hammer down... over the past wimps and pussies that have had this position.

Doesn't matter the volume... You need to GET THINGS DONE! If your team is not performing then it is time to retrain, then coach, then CA, then TERM their butts! Time to get bodies that work!

The training store for my district is a AA Super, which has many of the things "thrown at me" as we are bigger volume, like getting 2 FDC deliveries per day, 6-7 GM trucks, makes us, better...BZZT! No it doesn't!

No STORE regardless of volume is any better than any other at any level. If you think that. well YOU are the one who has an ego problem. There are more challenges at higher volumes and lower volumes. The challenges will be similar and/or disparate. Your "big boy store" ie: higher volume doesn't make you the "cool kids cliche." This is right up there with "Bash the Flow team." I don't tolerate that BS, period.

The things I've taken away from that and my STL (came from a similar Super) are that we have things we need to be doing better...A LOT BETTER. Some of that is going to mean getting rid of TM(s) who have been here for years to decades. They just don't perform up to the level needed and required now. They were there when I got to the store, they are inherited problems that are going to be resolved.

The Flow Free Ride is over, OVER. At my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back