Archived New schedules for CAF pulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you need to get things done, but the volume absolutely does matter. So does payroll, your market, your labor pool & nearby competitors, your staff & work ethic, et al. Hell, sometimes there is even a language barrier.

Higher volume is not necessarily better.

You are missing the point.

Well, you need to get things done, but the volume absolutely does matter. So does payroll, your market, your labor pool & nearby competitors, your staff & work ethic, et al. Hell, sometimes there is even a language barrier.

Higher volume is not necessarily better.

You are missing the point.

But but.... ASANTS is big problem and everybody should be doing it his way.

You keep posting this BS line... its contrite BS... so I'll say "back it up"

Plain and simple.... I am "The Hammer" I put the hammer down... over the past wimps and pussies that have had this position.

Doesn't matter the volume... You need to GET THINGS DONE! If your team is not performing then it is time to retrain, then coach, then CA, then TERM their butts! Time to get bodies that work!

The training store for my district is a AA Super, which has many of the things "thrown at me" as we are bigger volume, like getting 2 FDC deliveries per day, 6-7 GM trucks, makes us, better...BZZT! No it doesn't!

No STORE regardless of volume is any better than any other at any level. If you think that. well YOU are the one who has an ego problem. There are more challenges at higher volumes and lower volumes. The challenges will be similar and/or disparate. Your "big boy store" ie: higher volume doesn't make you the "cool kids cliche." This is right up there with "Bash the Flow team." I don't tolerate that BS, period.

The things I've taken away from that and my STL (came from a similar Super) are that we have things we need to be doing better...A LOT BETTER. Some of that is going to mean getting rid of TM(s) who have been here for years to decades. They just don't perform up to the level needed and required now. They were there when I got to the store, they are inherited problems that are going to be resolved.

The Flow Free Ride is over, OVER. At my store.

Yikes. You are far too DFR from the sounds of it. Even I am known as the best ETL at managing talent in my district, but its not because I am so cut throat. Its because my coaching style actually seeks to improve others and identifies the actual causes to their performance issues. Only if we cannot fix it do I continue to move on, and I rarely make it to the CA/FW process before they quit at that point, because they realized themselves they are not doing a good job. A leader who is too much about results and not enough about the team will cause culture issues when they drive for results too harshly.

Last edited:
Yikes. You are far too DFR from the sounds of it. Even I am known as the best ETL at managing talent in my district, but its not because I am so cut throat.

You may have those around you mesmerized... but you are not working any magic with me.

Each post just continues to show it.

We are not ever going to see eye to eye. Ever, period. The more you post the more I just shake my head and realize why we have some of the issues we have.

Its because my coaching style actually seeks to improve others and identifies the actual causes to their performance issues. Only if we cannot fix it do I continue to move on, and I rarely make it to the CA/FW process before they quit at that point, because they realized themselves they are not doing a good job. A leader who is too much about results and not enough about the team will cause culture issues when they drive for results too harshly.

I am probably the last to resort any sort of formal action. Matter fact I am, because I get constantly harangued about not formal coaching etc. all the time... The last... but after you don't respond to the soft touch, a little harder softer touch... it is time to go to more formal actions. There are many problems for which I inherited and have to clean up. First is the lackluster performance of TM(s) who may have been there for years/decades and just because they work some area where we may not have an immediate replacement have gotten away with this performance. They should probably be glad that the OLD Flow TL didn't come back to Flow. They make me look like a saint. They had less tolerance for things than I do, and thanks to them I learned alot! ALOT! All the things I thought were way out of hand, have proven to be very helpful.

I overheard my BR - ETL saying that he is going to have them, BR TMs, "push push push they are going to get sick of me."
He was referring to pushing the pulls after they pull them on the new CAF Schedule.

Our backroom is a nightmare ! A war zone !
Vehicles everywhere , backstock or pulls , I don't even know !
The line was full before I even started pulling !
I had hard time finding empty 3 tiers !
3 tiers and tubs inside aisles , I had to move them like puzzle pieces to be able to pull ...
And I didn't finish on time , for the first time ever !!! So bummed about it !
I needed an another 15 mn !
I am in an ulv store , and I was alone doing pulls, flexible fulfillment ,
And bringing any orders to the guest service !
57 pulls , 4 FF , and 2 orders to bring to the front in less than 4 hrs ! WTF !!!

So I'll add a few things for all of you. I have done both LOG at a AA+ Super and now HR at a high B Pfresh.

BR hours are the last hours to be allocated by MyTime. So after every other work center gets their payroll, backroom gets whatever is left. So this "cut in BR" hours with this new roll out isn't a big thing. What it is, is that BRTMs may see schedules reflecting a need for them to push their pulls.

Yes I know, "BR people choose to be in the back". Well we all have to do things we don't like in our job. I hate getting carts, but I do it if I need to.

Also the talk about pulling the PC, doing SDA, pulling priorities, etc AND having to do this is a moot argument. You do that now AND have to pull the 11s. Now you'll have 5 hours before your first round of CAFs start.

The argument about starting on a Sunday, it's the start of our week. Why not start then. If we did it on a Monday, everyone with a Monday RDC would complain because they have a truck. It's starting. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how it goes when I close this weekend.

Finally, for those of you who say it will fail because it was an " epic fail in the pilot ", that was a TEST! That means that they took the data, took the input from the stores, saw that it was a success for most and made some changes to roll it out now.

If you are all so cynical and have so little trust in Spot, than maybe you should find another employer. I've been here for over a decade and yes they've made some bad decisions (Steinhafel being the biggest), but overall, I'm going to keep an open mind before I brush this off as a failure.

Give it 30,60,90 days, if it still sucks then, OK it's a bomb, but who knows, it may make your lives so much easier.

PS thank you all so much for 10 pages of reading material!

All Targets are not the same so I know I speak solely for my store and know what is broken and will need to be fixed for this new CAF roll out to work. It means tweeking a suggestion yet keeping the basic idea intact. First 30 days will be the hardest because that will be the time to make the rest of the processes that play into the backroom CAFS fall into place. Teams won't like it and initially it's going to be adjusting to a routine they are used to. As for discussions and coaching I have the mentality that if I haven't done it then do it before I start giving my opinion... If it seems unreasonable try it to give feedback to leadership. Keep your team in the loop...tell them their wins and opps but most of all don't be negative so they feed from it. I'm skeptical about it due to my own stores issues but this Sunday is kickoff so let the fun begin!

What it is, is that BRTMs may see schedules reflecting a need for them to push their pulls.

We tried that in the pilot.. lasted about 2 minutes.. Pulls sat for several days... as the team was informed and told to let the BRTM handle them as they are pulling them and then pushing them. It didn't happen that way. Pushed to have the BRTL enforce this portion.. lasted about a week, if that.. and we were right back to the BRTM leaving the pulls to sit there and rot! This became and issue with the ETL-LOG and BRTL, and well, I can tell you the result. BRTM did NOT push a damn thing! So here is my closer PA left with 3 or more 2 tiers of manual pulls to clean up for dry, dairy, produce, meat, frozen, and OH yeah milk has to be filled, eggs, and zone! You better have that zone done too! Don't make me stop the store if the zone (ALL DRY and COOLERS and Freezers) is not done!

Finally, for those of you who say it will fail because it was an " epic fail in the pilot ", that was a TEST! That means that they took the data, took the input from the stores, saw that it was a success for most and made some changes to roll it out now.

That koolade must be strong... :p :) If they had listened to the input, the FEW, I mean FEW success with it, were that. FEW,and were ALL ULV stores!

If you are all so cynical and have so little trust in Spot, than maybe you should find another employer. I've been here for over a decade and yes they've made some bad decisions (Steinhafel being the biggest), but overall, I'm going to keep an open mind before I brush this off as a failure.

I've been through it. I don't need to give it time. And as to first part.. I keep options open on employment all the time. I like what I do, and like most of the people as "coworkers." I don't look for anything more than people I work with. Never mix work and personal life, ever.

TGT is just not listening to input form the trenches... Again, no it was not a success for most, it was a success for like 3 ULV stores, who really should just be closed anyway. The higher volumes all gave it a BIG FAT F for FAIL. I think my STL was going to blow a gasket when this came back around...

Give it 30,60,90 days, if it still sucks then, OK it's a bomb, but who knows, it may make your lives so much easier.

If something fails, I don't repeat it. This is just a repeat.. I don't need to give it 30,60,90, or even 1 day. I've been through that already. While not my direct team, the BR TM(s) are disgruntled, and those worth keeping are already looking, some have deals in the works, it just a matter crossing the t's and dotting the i's.. and they are gone.

So I'll add a few things for all of you. I have done both LOG at a AA+ Super and now HR at a high B Pfresh.

BR hours are the last hours to be allocated by MyTime. So after every other work center gets their payroll, backroom gets whatever is left. So this "cut in BR" hours with this new roll out isn't a big thing. What it is, is that BRTMs may see schedules reflecting a need for them to push their pulls.

Yes I know, "BR people choose to be in the back". Well we all have to do things we don't like in our job. I hate getting carts, but I do it if I need to.

Also the talk about pulling the PC, doing SDA, pulling priorities, etc AND having to do this is a moot argument. You do that now AND have to pull the 11s. Now you'll have 5 hours before your first round of CAFs start.

The argument about starting on a Sunday, it's the start of our week. Why not start then. If we did it on a Monday, everyone with a Monday RDC would complain because they have a truck. It's starting. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how it goes when I close this weekend.

PS thank you all so much for 10 pages of reading material!

We just know how things are manipulated to not even give it a chance before people freak out and start screwing with things so they "look" good.

We changed to pallets on the floor after 8am when we moved to 6am unload. We have pallets, pallet jacks, and trash cages on the floor at all times of day. We can't park it and leave it there all day tho.

For everyone who is complaining about "the new CAF" times, the CAF's were like this almost 12+ yrs ago. Then spot just decided to add more CAF hrs just like they did last fall. For us old timers this isn't new to us you just have to get the team onboard and ultilize the crap out of your store resources. From the STL on down should be involved if not your BRTL should be talking to the ETL-LOG or OPS to develop a plan to get it done. In my store I have my peers helping out whether it's CAFs, Flex orders etc. It shows as I'm green in all metrics across the board. A+ store.

For everyone who is complaining about "the new CAF" times, the CAF's were like this almost 12+ yrs ago. Then spot just decided to add more CAF hrs just like they did last fall. For us old timers this isn't new to us you just have to get the team onboard and ultilize the crap out of your store resources. From the STL on down should be involved if not your BRTL should be talking to the ETL-LOG or OPS to develop a plan to get it done. In my store I have my peers helping out whether it's CAFs, Flex orders etc. It shows as I'm green in all metrics across the board. A+ store.
This is true, but we also had tms on the floor, in the backroom, etc. There were TL's for each department (or 2). TM's back then knew what their roles were and there was a sense of ownership and accountability.

Still no mention of this at my store. Our STL was helping the backroom all day today and she never said a word about it.

I saw it on redwire and it was reviewed (can't remember by who) but I don't think it was read in its entirety.

I almost wish I worked on Sunday's so I could see what happens when the BRTM asks why the 11s didn't drop.

We changed to pallets on the floor after 8am when we moved to 6am unload. We have pallets, pallet jacks, and trash cages on the floor at all times of day. We can't park it and leave it there all day tho.

Not here. Only thing allowed to move through the store on pallets is FDC since the coolers are on distant planet on the opposite side of receiving.

It won't change here unless there is a change in STL, and considering we are now the district STLIT store we've had more of them in here than TM's! ... it definitely is not changing.

It worked fine for us and we're a AA Super.

Well bully for you. No one at that level had any thing positive to say here.. We need to fix other things rather than this! You want to cut sending out 1-2's of things to fill a shelf nearly full .. FINE...

It just doesn't happen. We had more empty, not light, EMPTY as in nothing there because of this fubar mess.

You can have this mess all you want.

Well bully for you. No one at that level had any thing positive to say here.. We need to fix other things rather than this! You want to cut sending out 1-2's of things to fill a shelf nearly full .. FINE...

It just doesn't happen. We had more empty, not light, EMPTY as in nothing there because of this fubar mess.

You can have this mess all you want.

For someone who claims to be "Master of Log", you spend an awful lot of time complaining about the program rather than figuring out how to make it work at your store. There's a reason we say "ASANTS" because they aren't the damn same. A store that makes the bulk of its sales from grocery is going to run a damn lot different than stores that sell more hanging softlines than anything else. A store located next to a college is going to have a substantially different pool of employees than a store located on the edge of the ghetto. You have to adjust for things like that.

How we made it work? We said "Fuck manuals" and had half of our BR team help IS sweep through the store hitting outs/critical lows between drops. Manuals are great for situations like "everything is caught up in the backroom tonight so let's drop a manual to reduce the overnight autofill" or "it's Black Friday and the store has been open for 12 hours without scheduled CAF pulls". They aren't very good for trying to shove extra pulls between CAFs.

How we made it work? We said "Fuck manuals" and had half of our BR team help IS sweep through the store hitting outs/critical lows between drops. Manuals are great for situations like "everything is caught up in the backroom tonight so let's drop a manual to reduce the overnight autofill" or "it's Black Friday and the store has been open for 12 hours without scheduled CAF pulls". They aren't very good for trying to shove extra pulls between CAFs.
This is the plan for our store. We start Sunday. Sadly, they are cutting our IS hours and training backroom to scan. That sucks for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back