Archived New Starbucks AST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so my store just went though a remodel and we now have a Starbucks!
everyone is super excited and i have been given the position of Starbucks AST (which i found out i had got 3 days before my training was going to start!)
i went though training at a different location last week with my TL and we are now pretty comfortable with the drinks and still getting used to marking cups. (this is new for both of us).

the problem is because its a brand new Starbucks. NOTHING is set up. our espresso machine is not even up and running. and neither of us were given any paperwork or training materials and we are expected to start training the rest of the baristas for our location tomorrow morning.

so i guess the question is... does anyone have any tips or advice for the Starbucks TL and AST when training new baristas and setting up a brand new store?

AST is a new one on me but you should be able to find several threads on Starbux & SBTL duties.
What kind of machine do you have? Verissimo or Maestrano? Look under guides for opening & closing protocols but you'll probably need to tweak them according to your set-up.
One good way to train your baristas & introduce your guests to Starbux is sampling. Have the baristas take turns going thru the recipe cards & doing drinks for samples.
Hint: do a couple of ventis to fill a tray; pour them into the hot cups because you can pinch the brims for easier pouring; alternate between hot & cold drinks; each barista practices applying whip, toppings, etc; appearance is EVERYTHING.

For training the best thing I can tell you is to utilize the learning blocks that Starbucks provides for you and stick with their learning plan. I was tossed into my position and forced to train my team during happy hour (TL quit and took half the baristas with him) and that thing is/was a life saver. As my DM said, there's a reason why Starbucks spent millions making it.

Just remember, go block by block, ask for them to demonstrate and encourage questions throughout their learning and you'll be set.

Thanks for the tip and welcome to The Break Room Hidethebodies.

Welcome to The Break Room! Are you friends with redeye58 (or perhaps her accomplice) by any chance? :D

Stick to the learning blocks Starbucks gives you. Our store went through the same thing. We had two weeks to learn all the cup marking, drinks, machines, not to mention, how to clean everything, close and open everything, make whips, timers, etc. BUT you'll get it and you'll be so amazing! It's so different reading out of a book that cold beverages like frappcucinos get syrup pumps of 2-3-4, but once you actually start doing it over and over again it's simple. But I must say to practice practice and practice the beverage repeatable routine. It's so important. But like I said you'll do great. If you have questions just let me know.

Welcome to The Break Room bullseyerista and Hl4life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back