Archived New Team Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianoman

Starbucks TL
So I just heard back that I passed my TL interviews! I'm really excited. However, I was offered a position that I wasn't expecting. I've been a GSA for 3 years now so I was fully expecting to be offered the open GSTL position at a close-by store. Both my ETL-HR and STL really wanted to keep me at my store so they offered me a Starbucks TL position. I've never worked in Starbucks so I'm a little nervous. Any TL advice or just general Starbucks advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks redeye. Lots of great info

Congrats!! :) I used to be in Softlines but am currently training to be the Food Ave TL at a nearby store, so kind of similar situation. We've got this!

@pianoman @Honey boo boo Congrats to both of you. The most common issue I've seen with new Food Ave or Starbucks TLs is with the ordering system. Most newbies can't seem to get a good rythm of ordering supplies, and they run out of things. Their team usually hates them for it lmao.

Had my first training today. So much fun! I have no idea why I was so scared of Starbucks. Hopefully I can bring some of my trainer's energy back to my store. Also, thanks for the tip @BlueSide !

@pianoman @Honey boo boo Congrats to both of you. The most common issue I've seen with new Food Ave or Starbucks TLs is with the ordering system. Most newbies can't seem to get a good rythm of ordering supplies, and they run out of things. Their team usually hates them for it lmao.
Agreed. In the grand scheme of things, running out of something isn't a huge deal to the store, but it is to your team and your guests. For a new TL, I'd suggest that you over order a tiny bit. It's better to throw something out than to run out of it. It takes a while to get the hang of some of it because some items will be used in a day or two. Others will expire before you can use them. It's a fine art.

Things you never want to run out of:
Mocha mix, vanilla syrup, soy milk, espresso beans, frappucino base, frapp syrups, grande cups (hot or cold) to name a few.

To add to that list Red,

Caramel sauce, straws, lids, I know it sounds funny but you'd be surprised how fast we go through those supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back