Archived New team member - How to request specific days off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to this forum! I have 2 questions...

I went on eHR to try and figure out how to request a specific 2 days off at the end of July so I can go out of town for an event, but when I try and access the time off/submit personal vacation days page (assuming that is what I'm supposed to do?), it just gives me a message saying "You are not authorized for this page". Why can't I access this? Is it because I'm still under the 90-day probation sort of thing? Should I talk to one of my supervisors in real life instead? These days were not listed on my availability thing when I applied, so hopefully it isn't too frowned upon for a new employee to ask to not be scheduled on 2 specific days one week that wasn't originally listed.

Also, I would like to post my shift that I'm scheduled to work on July 4th (I'm sure Im not the only one) on the swap shift board, because I'm trying to go out of town for a day or two to see my long distance friend for July 4th. I was crossing my fingers that maybe I wouldn't get scheduled for that day, but I did. So my other question is if it is frowned upon for new employees still under the 90-day thing so try and swap a shift? In return I would try and pick up another one for the day before that if that is any consolation, but I am just hesitant to try and post my July 4th one since I'm new and I don't want to get in any sort of trouble. Is it worth it to try and swap that shift? If no one signs up for it, I'll obviously still show up since I'll have to. But it would just be a lot better if I could get that shift off.

Yeah, so eHR is going through an "upgrade" right now. This, in true Target fashion, has messed everything up. You should be fine as far as asking and getting them off, but talk to your HRTM or ETL-HR and tell them the situation so they can put it in for you.

As for your other question, nope! Everyone is welcome to use the swap shift board, new or not. It's worth a shot putting it up since the 4th is overtime pay.

Anyways, welcome! Make sure to grab an alcoholic beverage in the chat - you'll need it.

It should be working for you, not sure why its not. Talk to either HR or the LOD about getting those days off if you don't want to do a shify swap.

Yeah, so eHR is going through an "upgrade" right now. This, in true Target fashion, has messed everything up. You should be fine as far as asking and getting them off, but talk to your HRTM or ETL-HR and tell them the situation so they can put it in for you.

As for your other question, nope! Everyone is welcome to use the swap shift board, new or not. It's worth a shot putting it up since the 4th is overtime pay.

Anyways, welcome! Make sure to grab an alcoholic beverage in the chat - you'll need it.
What do you mean the 4th is overtime pay?

How likely do you think it will be that someone will sign up for my July 4th shift? Its a softlines shift from 4-close

I'd put it on the board and start asking around. You might find someone who is off, or who is working the day before, and would rather get the time and a half pay.

It's honestly not likely. Most departments are usually maxed out on time off requests for the 4th (or the whole holiday weekend if it falls right). You might find someone who is willing to work it though as it is time and half that day. I've thought about going in overnight for the 3rd into the 4th if we have the hours on remodel and have work to be done.

Who am I kidding? There will definitely be work to be done. The real question will come down to if we have the hours or not.

Use a computer at the store for the time off request.

The new eHR has a direct link for time off, but we are still not allowed to do it from home. So clicking that link while using eHR at home will go to the not authorized page.

I know that I can go to my store and do it....I'm just saying that whenever I want to look at something at home, like career spot, it never works for me.

I know that I can go to my store and do it....I'm just saying that whenever I want to look at something at home, like career spot, it never works for me.
Non of that stuff will work outside of the store. Hasn't since the data breach

Ok so for the new eHR:

Logon, then search for "mytime self service", click the first link, then up pops a page and click on Launch MyTime Self Service. A new window will pop up again, logon again, then you're in to request days off, view schedule, ect.

It took me way too long to figure it out.

Ok so for the new eHR:

Logon, then search for "mytime self service", click the first link, then up pops a page and click on Launch MyTime Self Service. A new window will pop up again, logon again, then you're in to request days off, view schedule, ect.

It took me way too long to figure it out.

That still won't let you view the full MyTime site at home.

I followed your steps and the "Launch MyTime Self Service" link just goes to http://wss.target.com/selfservice and it all it lets you do from home is view your schedule. requests off, view timecard, punch corrections can only be accessed at the store.

And the quick way to get there from eHR is to just hover over "scheduling & timekeeping and click "mytime self service."

Last edited:
That still won't let you view the full MyTime site at home.

I followed your steps and the "Launch MyTime Self Service" link just goes to http://wss.target.com/selfservice and it all it lets you do from home is view your schedule. requests off, view timecard, punch corrections can only be accessed at the store.

And the quick way to get there from eHR is to just hover over "scheduling & timekeeping and click "mytime self service."

Yeah this was the easiest way before the full functions were working properly. There was a rough time for us when the new didn't actually do what it was supposed to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back