Archived New to Flexible Fulfillment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey team, I use to work in the Front End as a cashier, guest service and some GSA. My old Target would never let me leave the front end which sucked. It was kinda annoying. I would often try to trick them and ask them to just let me cross train (but that just meant I'll stay in my cross trained department and I knew that). I'm working at a different Target now and given the opportunity to work in Flexible Fulfillment . What's to expect in Flexible Fulfillment? It is an ok position?

yes I love flex it is nice to work on line orders it has its worsts just like any department. Be prepared to epick and do opu and pack the stuff after you finish a batch. Apparel has an rfid to track only the clothes and stuff. epicking is hard when its busy on the sales floor but packing is super fun. gl you will see when you start flex.

Flex is awesome once you get used to where everything is. You have a lot of autonomy to just do your thing without having leaders micromanaging you. It’s pretty much just meet the goal times with an acceptable rate of items you can’t find, and nobody will bother you.

Flex is awesome once you get used to where everything is. You have a lot of autonomy to just do your thing without having leaders micromanaging you. It’s pretty much just meet the goal times with an acceptable rate of items you can’t find, and nobody will bother you.

It is fine you have to be able to work without much oversight, but also be prepared to be left to twist in the wind cause you depend on the rest of the store to get your job done. Meaning they put product where it is suppose to be and then tie it in places that it is not.

FlexFill is definitely a nice area. I don't do the pack-and-ship aspect or collection for orders to be shipped out, but I have done the OPU's off the same system. It's a great way of getting to know the store. After a month, you will pretty much know where things are in each aisle. The toughest is Softlines. But with the handy RFID scanner, it won't be a problem. :)

It's by far the worst fucking dept at my store and the most stressful. We have been green for infs a total of 3 weeks maybe 4 in the 4 years sfs launched. Our backroom/bulkroom is filled with pallets, vehicles and shit everywhere and we haven't met any goaltimes at all in the past 3 months.

If an item is not on the floor location I just inf it right away. The condition of the backroom is too chaotic that we used to spend an obscene amount of time looking through vehicles and never get anything done as a result.

So no, it is not fun at my store atleast. I truly envy other stores with capable tms and leadership

It's by far the worst fucking dept at my store and the most stressful. We have been green for infs a total of 3 weeks maybe 4 in the 4 years sfs launched. Our backroom/bulkroom is filled with pallets, vehicles and shit everywhere and we haven't met any goaltimes at all in the past 3 months.

If an item is not on the floor location I just inf it right away. The condition of the backroom is too chaotic that we used to spend an obscene amount of time looking through vehicles and never get anything done as a result.

So no, it is not fun at my store atleast. I truly envy other stores with capable tms and leadership

You in my store? Cause you just discribed mine to the letter.

That was my favorite position. Its NEW so shine and you will have opportunities granted in the future. I regret leaving it for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back